• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

nationalities

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
  • Quick Survey for PC users. Add your nationality below or +1 your nationality.

Filipino (Philippines) - 1

Also, what do you like most about being that nationality? Any true stereotype? Any false ones?

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • American.

Well, honestly, I'm a bit of a mutt. Mostly Romanian, Polish, Irish, then also French, English, Scottish, Dutch, Czech, and Native American.

As for stereotypes. I am not a vampire. I am not a coward, and I will fight you.

Sums most of it up. Also, I speak english (family speaks it), spanish (school), polish (family still speaks it, not fluent), russian (some family speaks it, not fluent), and a little mandarin and japanese. For funsies.

My grandfather's side on my father's side is Romanian. My mom's father's family is from Ireland and Scotland. My great grandmother fled Poland while Hitler was in power. Learned the others in school. Save for english.

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Canada -2

I like that we're relatively peaceful compared to other countries. even though I don't think we're peaceful enough. I also like the weather from September to May. xD

True stereotypes are our love for both hockey and coffee(though it's not universal; I have no interest in either but I appear to be in the minority). And a false one is that we pronounce "about" as "aboot." Also I have never seen a moose or a polar bear in my life. =P

Canada - 1
    No one says Eh, I have no idea where that came from.
    I think it depends on what part of the country you're from. Some "Canadian" stereotypes should really be provincial or regional ones. Though like "aboot" above, the stereotype likely originated from Americans noticing a slight difference in our accents and subsequently exaggerating it for comedic purposes.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Canada - 3

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure 'eh' and 'aboot' come from the Newfies? They are known for having a strong accent.

I also agree with Alakazam about the peaceful thing, generally people are pretty friendly.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    American - 1
    Australian - 1
    Canadian - 4
    Filipino - 1
    Italian - 1
    Swede - 1

There aren't many of us, welp. I like being blonde, blue eyed and pretty. lolololo

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    American - 2
    Australian - 1
    Canadian - 4
    Filipino - 1
    Italian - 1
    Swede - 1

i am a cali boy

Years
  • American - 3
    Australian - 1
    Canadian - 4
    Filipino - 1
    Italian - 1
    Swede - 1

Yep, not much excitement here.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • As far as I know, I'm American. I don't know too much about my life because my mom was in foster care most of her life. She doesn't know a lot about her culture and stuff. D: I heard something from her about me being something, but I forgot. My dad said he doesn't know much about his either so...

American - 1

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • American - 2
    Australian - 1
    Canadian - 4
    Filipino - 1
    Italian - 1
    Swede - 1
    British - 1

We say sorry over the smallest thing.