• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Never Forget 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Amazing Scizor

The Traveller
Years
  • I think the only thing 9/11 changed was American perceptions. It led to America launching a new war, but we'd been fighting little wars for years without declaring anything.

The world wasn't "at peace" at the time. The Israelis had been trying to wipe out the Palestinians for the last 50+ years. Since the Soviet Union endedthere hasn't been a single year without war somewhere in the world.

The only thing that changed was Americans realized we were hated by most of the world; we were attacked because we supported Israel. Of course, that doesn't make the attacks right, they were terrible things.

But it is, I think, a very self-centered view to think that "Everything changed" after 9/11.

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
    Years
  • Yesterday I did colorguard for 9-11 at pharos lost kingdom in Redlands, California. The 21 one gun also took place yesterday for those who were killed. I have been practicing the whole week that memorial.

Years

• You honor, respect and remember the women murdered in the Montreal Massacre? How about the people that die in Palestine and Somalia every day? What about the tsunami victims from Southeast Asia? Will you honor, respect and remember every single year the victims of the Chilean and Haitian earthquakes? And what about Hurricane Katrina? Those who died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki? The people who died because of the genocide in Rwanda, Armenia and Cambodia respectively? Do you honor, respect and remember the death of El Che, a man who did more for Latin American countries that you will ever know? Do you, every single year, honor, respect and remember the people murdered under Fascist Spain? What about the German Holocaust? Do you even KNOW just how many people die of MALARIA every goddamn year? Do you respect them? Remember them? Honour them? Have I gotten my point across yet, or do you need more proof? Because I will give it to you.

I do not respect, honour, remember or even care about those that died in 9/11. I am not American; it has nothing to do with me. It didn't back then, and it still does not. If you really want to play the "we should honour, respect and remember the 9/11 victims regardless of what country or culture we are from" card, then you better be prepared to honour every other victim of every other tragedy, including the ones of my country (Cuba) even though you are not Cuban and I highly doubt you know the first thing about Cuban history. XD Wake up and smell the coffee, America =/= the world, and contrary to popular belief, the rest of the world doesn't stop spinning or functioning simply because the USA does. Get a clue.

You say to respect those genocides and horrible occurrences, and yet you refuse to respect 911. I smell hypocrisy.

Plenty of people respect and acknowledge those horrible events, all over the world. Take a trip to the US, or anywhere, and you will find a monument or an homage to the Holocaust, the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami, The Rwandan genocide, the Armenian genocide, Hurricane Katrina, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, etc. Homages to Che are literally everywhere. Thousands of dollars in aide are sent to fight malaria via The Red Cross, UNICEF, the WHO, and dozens of others. i know it may not seem like it, but they are not forgotten, and it is very insulting to the people to do help and care for you to say that.

Last edited:

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • ....Oh, no. It seems you've misunderstood. I actually don't care about those either, lol. I'm not asking for those to be respected/honoured/remembered, but I am saying that if you're gonna go down the "9/11 should be respected and remembered and honoured" route, you should definitely take into account the rest. If you do, good for you. I don't; I don't care about these either way. I just thought it was funny that someone would suggest non-American people ought to remember and honour and respect 9/11. Wut? If you're American, by all means do so, but to expect non-Americans to give the smallest of damns is ridiculous. I don't expect anyone in here to give a damn about anything that happens in my own country, because to my knowledge most people here aren't Cuban. All I said was, "If you care about one, you better care about the rest (though not in equal degress, of course), otherwise don't preach about how others how to care about this one tragedy all the while conveniently overlooking the rest". In my case, I don't care about any of them at all. It's only fair, right?

Years
  • ....Oh, no. It seems you've misunderstood. I actually don't care about those either, lol. I'm not asking for those to be respected/honoured/remembered, but I am saying that if you're gonna go down the "9/11 should be respected and remembered and honoured" route, you should definitely take into account the rest. If you do, good for you. I don't; I don't care about these either way. I just thought it was funny that someone would suggest non-American people ought to remember and honour and respect 9/11. Wut? If you're American, by all means do so, but to expect non-Americans to give the smallest of damns is ridiculous. I don't expect anyone in here to give a damn about anything that happens in my own country, because to my knowledge most people here aren't Cuban. All I said was, "If you care about one, you better care about the rest (though not in equal degress, of course), otherwise don't preach about how others how to care about this one tragedy all the while conveniently overlooking the rest". In my case, I don't care about any of them at all. It's only fair, right?

I mean, i would would like it if everyone at least tried to care about others misfortunes, regardless of nationality or religion or orientation. A little empathy goes a long way.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen today
    R.I.P all those people who lost their lives & my dear [FONT=&quot]condoles[/FONT] to the familes who lost their loved ones.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • just to put things into perspective.. you say you (or the rest of the world) haven't been affected by this attack.. well go to any airport in the world, look around... try to buy a ticket with cash and no ID.. try to get on a plane with a simple pocket knife, nail clipper or even a open can of soda.. it simply isn't going to happen now. All because of what happened on 9/11

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
  • just to put things into perspective.. you say you (or the rest of the world) haven't been affected by this attack.. well go to any airport in the world, look around... try to buy a ticket with cash and no ID.. try to get on a plane with a simple pocket knife, nail clipper or even a open can of soda.. it simply isn't going to happen now. All because of what happened on 9/11
    Wasn't the planes stolen? Or were they hijacked?

Well.. I missed it in a day.. I don't really know what to say. It's a sad incident and watching a recorded video left me speechless..

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012

You honor, respect and remember the women murdered in the Montreal Massacre? How about the people that die in Palestine and Somalia every day? What about the tsunami victims from Southeast Asia? Will you honor, respect and remember every single year the victims of the Chilean and Haitian earthquakes? And what about Hurricane Katrina? Those who died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki? The people who died because of the genocide in Rwanda, Armenia and Cambodia respectively? Do you honor, respect and remember the death of El Che, a man who did more for Latin American countries that you will ever know? Do you, every single year, honor, respect and remember the people murdered under Fascist Spain? What about the German Holocaust? Do you even KNOW just how many people die of MALARIA every goddamn year? Do you respect them? Remember them? Honour them? Have I gotten my point across yet, or do you need more proof? Because I will give it to you.

I do not respect, honour, remember or even care about those that died in 9/11. I am not American; it has nothing to do with me. It didn't back then, and it still does not. If you really want to play the "we should honour, respect and remember the 9/11 victims regardless of what country or culture we are from" card, then you better be prepared to honour every other victim of every other tragedy, including the ones of my country (Cuba) even though you are not Cuban and I highly doubt you know the first thing about Cuban history. XD Wake up and smell the coffee, America =/= the world, and contrary to popular belief, the rest of the world doesn't stop spinning or functioning simply because the USA does. Get a clue.

Fair enough. Americans honor and respect those who died during 9/11 largely because they are American. The reason we continue to do so every year, and the reason that many of our allies, British, Australians, to name two, do the same, is twofold. 1. It is a poignant reminder, like the Jewish and Rwandan holocausts (both of which I do commemorate), of some of humanity's deepest problems. 2. The effects of 9/11 continue to reverberate today, through our involvement in Afghanistan. I'm not really interested in getting into an emotional debate with you, but for me, personally, this is a powerful symbol of exactly why and what we're fighting over there.

Anyway, if you take issue with this, start a new thread. Frankly, I think you should have started a new one anyway, instead of deliberately choosing a thread with an opposed purpose so that you could get the most shock value, as it were, out of your comments.

Finally, there's a big difference between remembering and not caring. If you don't hold a day of remembrance for these days, fine. If you honestly don't care about these deaths, or the international implications, I think you may have a problem.

But all that's for another thread ;)

Houndour2005

Banned
    Years
  • 10 years in 2011.

snapshot20061208230310.jpg

JasonX3333

Im accepting all wi-fi battles
    Years
  • Seriously

I'm sorry but its been nine long years, noone cares anymore and the people who go cry every year there grow up my aunt that I was very close to died in the twin towers im long over it I still remember but I don't whine every September 11. If your really serious about honoring them then do it everyday by being happy instead of crying over something that happened 9 years ago.Now for the mosque, they have every right to build it they are protected by the first amendment but yet they receive no help. Black and women protesters in my opinion really need to shut up. Because if they can't build there mosque then women shouldn't be able to vote and black people who tell them to go back to where they came from how about you go back to Africa im black im not racist but the irony there is so immense im not saying white men have the right to but it is the worst when people who used to not have the law on there side betray there on fellow men and women its pitiful and pathetic. Anyways I think anyone who think all Muslims are bad based of what a few of them did are morons.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    I remember I was 4 at the time, and i was at my grandma Charlotte ( has passed away this summer, may she Rest in pease) house with my mom, and i was playing with toys and my grandma is always watching the news so they turned up the tv, and they were both crying and i didnt understand until about 2nd or 3rd grade.

pokénerdette

Insane Eccentric
    Years
  • Hmmm... I remember my big brother came home from kindergarten and my mom screamed at him to turn the TV on... then I saw one of the hijacked airplanes explode into one of the towers. I had nooo idea a lot of people were in the buildings and airplanes and I didn't understand what was going on and didn't think much of it, since I was little o.o

When I did understand, I was all... o.o

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Extremely miffed

I'm sorry but its been nine long years, noone cares anymore and the people who go cry every year there grow up my aunt that I was very close to died in the twin towers im long over it I still remember but I don't whine every September 11. If your really serious about honoring them then do it everyday by being happy instead of crying over something that happened 9 years ago.Now for the mosque, they have every right to build it they are protected by the first amendment but yet they receive no help. Black and women protesters in my opinion really need to shut up. Because if they can't build there mosque then women shouldn't be able to vote and black people who tell them to go back to where they came from how about you go back to Africa im black im not racist but the irony there is so immense im not saying white men have the right to but it is the worst when people who used to not have the law on there side betray there on fellow men and women its pitiful and pathetic. Anyways I think anyone who think all Muslims are bad based of what a few of them did are morons.
    Why is every hopeless troll with a bone to pick trying to use this thread for some stupid political argument?
    This is a thread in remembrance of the events of 9/11. It's not a debate thread about some mosque, or about international policy. Start your own friggin' thread, if that's what you want to discuss. But don't come and tear this one down. Seriously, if all you want to do is mock the people who want to share their memories of that day, go find a new hobby or something.

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years
  • RIP to everyone who lost their lives in the 9/11 attacks. I was 7 at the time, and being Australian and in close releations to America, it affected us too. What a tragic day in the world's history. May the souls of the lost lived one life on forever in our hearts.

Amen.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Ah, 9/11. I was in 2nd grade when this happened, and I was shocked seeing the planes crash into the towers on the news. I was surprised and shaken by the significant number of people killed.

Also, RIP to those who died in the 9/11 plane crash.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I was 5 when it happened and that was before I came to Canada. I didn't care then and there are numerous terrorist attacks that don't get well-known, such as the Moscow subway bombing. Sure, I know many people lost their lives, but this is humanity. I doubt we can change everyone's opinion without destroying all of humans.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back