• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokemon - Turtonator

Years
  • That name is so bad.. so bad.. (secretly loves it) SO BAD!!! XD

It's Another "Hmph, your not worthy of my front view" Pokemon. So Mega Sceptile got a buddy! Yay! On that note, I love it's design, looks like a actual monster those are always welcome in my book. Overall 10/10 for me.

Years
  • I think it's called a mata mata, actually.

New Pokemon - Turtonator

I don't know what caused my misspelling... must be me in a rush hahahaha

That said, it is interesting. The Mata Mata is a turtle native to South America, notably in the Amazon and Orinoco basins.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Sweet, they made Bowser a Pokémon! :P

But seriously, he looks pretty cool. Nice to have a Fire/Dragon type that isn't a Mega or legendary.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Its name is something that Dr. Doofenshmirtz would come up with, given his penchant of putting "-ator" in his inventions. That being said, it has a neat typing, the first non-legendary, non-Mega Evolved Pokemon to have this particular typing.

That being said, Shell Trap may have some interesting applications.

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
  • I hope Shell Trap gets good distribution, it's like a reverse Focus Punch. The Pokemon itself looks like Druddigon 2.0, pretty cool and all, but I'm guessing they're saving bigger news for the Worlds finals on Sunday.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Turtanator as stated is supposed to be a Maka Maka Turtle I think. I am not sure if it is a legendary, it seems a little small.

However, this may be the Pseudo Legend or at least one of them. The Maka Maka is a turtle I have never seen before, but it is a Least Concern in Endangerment. I think its pre evos will be based on turtles that are endangered.

I thought it was a legend almost instantly. And it still possibly could be. It be a Dragon/Fire Legend, which isn't a new thing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Does anyone else think that this might be an evolution for Torkoal?

I mean, Torkoal and Tortunator...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Does anyone else think that this might be an evolution for Torkoal?

I mean, Torkoal and Tortunator...

I was thinking this, but it looks massively different compared to Torkoal, but I wouldn't mind one way or another. Tor is just for tortoise. Most of the turtle pokemon we have are in the game and the trailer was him battling most turtle pokemon.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Love how he is looking back over his shell while in battle.

Years
  • I think it's... ugly. I don't like it. The first one that they've revealed for this generation which I instantly disliked. It's typing and ability are just meh to me as well. I'm putting it up there with Magmar in my Awful-Looking-Pokemon-I'll-Never-Use box. I hope it's not too powerful so I don't see it around much.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I'm kinda confused about its name. In one trailer, its name is Tortunator, but everywhere else, it's Turtonator!

Anyway, this Pokémon is quite awesome. So it's a kappa that lives in the volcano.

The name is quite cool. "I AM THE TURTONATOR!"

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Ugh, more stuff revealed while asleep and etc. :< Article up now with various info, let me know if anything is missing.

I like it and its name! Seems neat.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I'm kinda confused about its name. In one trailer, its name is Tortunator, but everywhere else, it's Turtonator!

Anyway, this Pokémon is quite awesome. So it's a kappa that lives in the volcano.

The name is quite cool. "I AM THE TURTONATOR!"

The name is different depending on the country. Turtonator is the English. Turtunator is probably the German spelling.

Years
  • I think everyone on Discord and myself were disappointed they hadn't revealed anything then they eventually dropped this trailer which got the hype up again. I would have liked to have seen more stuff but this is a cool Pokemon :)

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • As mentioned somewhere else they really are taunting the fans by releasing a Fire/Dragon type today. {XD}. The artwork looked kinda iffy to me, but seeing it's in-game model kinda changed my mine. The typing is rare, and the fact that's it literally a walking time-bomb is a plus.

Log

It's your boy Guzma!
    Years
  • Interesting design, but what I really love is how it stands backwards, hahaha. Also nice to see another dragon/fire type aside from Reshiram.

Back