• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New trial, Mantine Surf, and more revealed in the latest trailer for Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon!

Years
  • I'm also pretty excited that plenty of older Pokemon are returning! A shame that Houndoom won't be in UM (at least, I think?), but I can live with that as long as the other Pokemon I like are available there like Larvitar and Zorua and perhaps some others.

I figured that Houndoom and Manectric would be version-exclusive again, like they were in X and Y. Manectric was the one I liked better of the two, and I was planning to get UM anyway. Other than that I feel most of the version exclusives will be retained from S/M.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Mareep, Lartivar and Zorua all being available in Alola makes me excited to see what other Pok?mon we'll be able to catch. 400 sounds like a great amount!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Anyways, older Pokemon that seem to be confirmed for the new Alola Dex:
    Spoiler:

Interesting that there are no Johto Pokemon (except the Johto families that have megas) confirmed yet... Maybe there's still hope for Johto Alolan Forms?

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • That Sharpedo wants to bite the crap out of player, just lol! This really makes surfing so dangerous on a whole other level. So we can use Mantine Surf to cross islands now? What happen to the dangerous water current, dissapeared in this alternate universe? But hey, it's looking real good here. I thought Mantine might have something to do with dive, but what it turns out is not a bad thing either. I literally surprised we get the real definition of 'surf', you know, the waves and such XD

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Wooo trainer Lillie! But based off her lines in the Japanese trailer, it seems like she's going to be a more Bianca-type trainer considering she still retains her "I can't do anything" attitude..

If Mina's trial is just battling her I'm going to be REALLY, REALLY disappointed... like seriously that's almost worse. Like they can think of enough content to justify making a new game but not a proper trial for her?

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • ngl that would actually be really disappointing

surely sure must have some proper trial of TPC/TPCi wanted to show her off.

I'm hoping that battling is maybe just part of her test and they wanted to keep the rest of the trial a secret, I'm just really worried that because they didn't show anything other than the battle that means it's it...

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I'm hoping that battling is maybe just part of her test and they wanted to keep the rest of the trial a secret, I'm just really worried that because they didn't show anything other than the battle that means it's it...

She makes sure to mention stuff about painting a picture or finding flowers( I think).

I'm going to assume she sends us into the canyon for the trial, then we go back after for the dragon trial nad game's conclusion.

Anyway, Surfing Mantine is pretty awesome, I'm getting more excited for this now.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If Mina's trial is just battling her I'm going to be REALLY, REALLY disappointed... like seriously that's almost worse. Like they can think of enough content to justify making a new game but not a proper trial for her?

I'm sure she'll have a fully fledged trial if she's being featured in a trailer like that. I'm hoping she becomes an E4 member but that's probably wishful thinking.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Updated Alolan Dex is cool. They finally fixed one of the missed opportunities by adding in Tropius. I'm on the fence of Larvesta and Volcarona being in the game. While they tie in with the Alola aesthetic (Volcarona is the Sun Pokemon), the fact that Larvesta evolves really, really, late could put some people off from using it. It looks like you can get Zorua early (its background looks like the Pokemon Trainer School's or Hau'oli City's).

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Interesting that there are no Johto Pokemon (except the Johto families that have megas) confirmed yet... Maybe there's still hope for Johto Alolan Forms?

Possibly, they still haven't revealed the rest of the dex expansion

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    There can also be some other stuff inferred from the trailer as well, for example the fact that one of Mantine's moves is the Gorebyss Spiral. This suggests Clamperl will end up in the new Alola dex.

O.O
    Oh my God, if Clamperl and my beloved Gorebyss were added to the Pokedex, I would be freaking ecstatic!

Ehem... Anyways, I'm pretty surprised that they decided to go the surfing route with Mantine instead of Diving, but I do think it's pretty cool how they chose to do it.
    However, I do have a particular concern, through the whole trailer of watching Mantine's surf minigame, not once did I see the character travel from one island to the next for proper transportation. In other words... it's possible that the surfing mini game would not actually be traveling between islands, it might instead just be designated to one or a couple of areas instead and you would still have to ferry between the islands for proper transportation. I'm also thinking that the giant wave where the Wailords appear on the map is the location of where you are surfing with Mantine.

I really do hope that the Mantine surf will actually be like Soaring except on the water, but the trailer we saw here doesn't really give us enough information to confirm that.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • YOOOOO MANTINE SURFINGGGGGG

This feature alone has me super hyped. It actually reminds me of that Surfing Pikachu minigame from Pokemon Yellow, but much more exciting. And we can traverse between islands with it? YES!!!!

Lots more Pokemon are nice. I might still just use Alolan Pokemon that I haven't used before, but it's so good to know there are so many to choose from should I not do that. Tropius finally! Made no sense why it wasn't in SM initially. Larvesta/Volcarona too.

In the Japanese trailer, it looked like trainers can talk during battles akin to DPP/BW/B2W2? Seemed like it during that brief battle with Hau. I kinda missed that, so if that's returning, that'd be nice. And Lillie's still adorable.

Mah girl Mina finally has a trial! Though am I the only one that wouldn't be disappointed if her trial was just a battle with her? It kinda fits with her character now that I think about it. Though if there really is more to it that just ends in a battle (which I'm 90% sure there is), I wouldn't mind that either.

*something I noted after watching the trailer and going to the main site, might be off topic*
    Spoiler:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • The surfing mini game is going to be EPIC!!!

and Mareep is in the game too! :D

I am very excited about the new trials and everything this trailer shows us!

Back