• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users Chit-Chat - come say hi!

stringzzz

Banned
Days
  • I work as a software developer and play games in my free time! :)

Cool, a fellow coder. I'm not in a career yet myself, but I'm working on a Computer Science degree to get into the field of Cryptology.

That being said, I'm off of college for the Summer, and honestly I already feel weird not working on school work every day, I've actually given myself several things to study this Summer just to keep myself focused on learning.

Years
  • How to hack the game

Hello Alaxsanf1, and welcome to the forums!
    You might want to ask in the Fan Games section, where you will get more attention. You should also give more details on which game you want to use for a ROM hack version.
    Do you have favourite ROM hacks ?
    Feel free to tell us more about yourself!

Thank you both. It seems to have worked. :)

My favourite Pokemon are probably Ampharos, Gastrodon and Quagsire.
    I work as a software developer and play games in my free time! :)

You are welcome. ^^
    And nice pokémon indeed!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    I haven't been on forums at all before so i think this reply is working? But cool :) I've just moved into android development. I definitely get where you're coming from, and trust me when you're working in software you'll feel like you're at school your whole life; you can never know enough.

Okay it didn't work, I'm going to need someone to teach me how to respond to posts D:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Okay it didn't work, I'm going to need someone to teach me how to respond to posts D:

Option 1: Click the "Respond" button on the post(s) you wish to respond to. Should say "Selected". Then, click on the pencil icon in the bottom right. (Ought to have the number of posts you have selected next to it.) Pastes all the text into the textbox. Screenshotted a quick visual of the pencil icon.

New Users Chit-Chat - come say hi!

Might look different on mobile devices. (Never visits here on one.)

Note 1: Completely overwrites whatever was in the textbox. Do not write out your response first.
    Note 2: Acts a little finicky when responding to multiple posts sometimes. Try clicking Respond on the missing post a few times until it says "Selected", if that does occur.

Option 2: Write the tags yourself and copy/paste the text. Will not ping the user, however. Formats it like this:

[quote="User"]
    text text text
    [/quote]

Turns into this:
    User said:
    text text text

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    Option 1: Click the "Respond" button on the post(s) you wish to respond to. Should say "Selected". Then, click on the pencil icon in the bottom right. (Ought to have the number of posts you have selected next to it.) Pastes all the text into the textbox. Screenshotted a quick visual of the pencil icon.

View attachment 106010

Might look different on mobile devices. (Never visits here on one.)

Note 1: Completely overwrites whatever was in the textbox. Do not write out your response first.
    Note 2: Acts a little finicky when responding to multiple posts sometimes. Try clicking Respond on the missing post a few times until it says "Selected", if that does occur.

Option 2: Write the tags yourself and copy/paste the text. Will not ping the user, however. Formats it like this:

Turns into this:

Thanks so much! makes a lot of sense now, I couldn't find the pencil is all :D

ATLooney2023

ATLooney
    Years
  • Hey everyone! Been playing since the 90s with Pokemon Red being my first game. I've played every main series entry except the Gen 7 games. I'm getting ready to start working on a ROM Hack of Emerald, basing my region on my home state of West Virginia and I would love to work with some fellow hackers! I've got some experience with basically every tool for hacking the GBA games and the DS ones too, but my weakness is fakemon design and spriting. I posted in the recruitment threads about my hack if anyone would like to check out the info! Aside from that, I'm glad to be here and hope to make some friends!!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Hello there ATLooney, welcome to the PC forums.

While I'm not that familiar with the ROM hacking side of the PC, I do know that it's a popular destination among the site's user base, so I hope you find all the things you're looking to get out from there!

Which Gen was your favorite?

Dally-Ogami

Well-fed Snorlax ✨
    Days
  • Hi PC! 😊 I've been lurking for years.. but I'm pretty shy and I'm trying to break out of my shell a bit! I've been playing main series Pokémon games since Pokemon Red, and my favorite Pokemon game is probably Pokemon Black, followed by Alpha Sapphire and Pokemon Gold as a close second.

I'm looking to make new friends, try out Union Circle, and help folks with shiny hunting in Scarlet and Violet (I'm pretty luck for some reason!). I'm also a PokeMMO player.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Hello there Dally-Ogami, and welcome officially to the PC! Glad to have you here!

I wish you luck in finding many good friends here, and even better luck on your shiny hunts!

Do you have a favorite Pokemon?

Dally-Ogami

Well-fed Snorlax ✨
    Days
  • Thanks for the welcome, Alex_Among_Foxes! Feeling the warmth already ~ my absolute favorite Pokémon…

Dang that's so tough! Urshifu is my favorite Pokémon. I like the concept of Kubfu's alignment with its trainer's chosen path influencing its evolution. There's something so true to life about staying disciplined, training and achieving new skills. I also love Snorlax!!

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • ^^
    For some reason I read your name originally as "Daily-Origami". Ah yes, it IS good to practice origami daily, it is good for the soul.

Years
  • Hey everyone! Been playing since the 90s with Pokemon Red being my first game. I've played every main series entry except the Gen 7 games. I'm getting ready to start working on a ROM Hack of Emerald, basing my region on my home state of West Virginia and I would love to work with some fellow hackers! I've got some experience with basically every tool for hacking the GBA games and the DS ones too, but my weakness is fakemon design and spriting. I posted in the recruitment threads about my hack if anyone would like to check out the info! Aside from that, I'm glad to be here and hope to make some friends!!

Hello ATLooney2023, and welcome to the forums! Which generation is your favourite ?
    I, for one, am always up for new friends!
    Good luck finding help for designing and spriting fakémon!

Hi PC! 😊 I've been lurking for years.. but I'm pretty shy and I'm trying to break out of my shell a bit! I've been playing main series Pokémon games since Pokemon Red, and my favorite Pokemon game is probably Pokemon Black, followed by Alpha Sapphire and Pokemon Gold as a close second.

I'm looking to make new friends, try out Union Circle, and help folks with shiny hunting in Scarlet and Violet (I'm pretty luck for some reason!). I'm also a PokeMMO player.

Hello Dally-Ogami, and welcome to the forums!
    Don't worry, we are friendly here, and there are more shy people around PokéCommunity than you thought. ^^
    It is always great to see new members who have been playing since Red (like me!). Have you tried Black 2 or White 2 ?

ATLooney2023

ATLooney
    Years
  • I really like all of the new things Gen 9 did, but my favorite gen has to be 3. I've played Emerald more times than I can count lol. I'm actually going in a similar direction with my ROM Hack, that being having two teams. One is good and worships Arceus, representing Christianity in our world. The other is evil and worships Giratina, representing the evil in the world. I'm using my home state of West Virginia as my basis for the region and fakemon designs. My grass starter is a chipmunk with a honeysuckle growing as its tail and the secondary type is fairy. My fire starter is a siberian husky with ice as its dual type. My water starter is a great blue heron with flying of course as it's dual type. They all have their own new signature move and hidden ability. I've got a Banjo 2 stage fakemon too that's ghost/Fairy type. I'd love to get to know some artists and put our creativity together to make this happen. I've got around 50+ ideas right now, some are unnamed. I'm even going with the stereotypical "redneck" as a trainer class and coal miners too (didn't gen 5 have those?). I also have a coal miner fakemon idea as a sort of cross-mimic of machop x geodude. I'm really hoping to get an audience behind this bc I believe it would be really fun.

Boomix

Wandering Artist in the Pokemon plains...
    Days
    • she/her
    • Seen Jun 20, 2023
    Hi I'm pretty new to this site and wanted to spread my wings to new places to interact and share my art. I started playing main game Pokemon 5 years ago and though I know a hefty amount of the games I haven't played Unova or the Switch games yet. I've been drawing all my life and I'm currently working on a year old Pokemon story with sets of my own characters and canon characters following the plot of the games. Though I don't post much of my art and ideas online I find it really hard to find a way to start breaking down things I've made outside social media. Since I draw and currently write a lot of Pokemon related stuff I thought what'd be a better place to share and get some feedback in a Pokemon community! I really look forward to finding new friends and people who like the same things and helping each other with our projects ^^

Years
  • Hi I'm pretty new to this site and wanted to spread my wings to new places to interact and share my art. I started playing main game Pokemon 5 years ago and though I know a hefty amount of the games I haven't played Unova or the Switch games yet. I've been drawing all my life and I'm currently working on a year old Pokemon story with sets of my own characters and canon characters following the plot of the games. Though I don't post much of my art and ideas online I find it really hard to find a way to start breaking down things I've made outside social media. Since I draw and currently write a lot of Pokemon related stuff I thought what'd be a better place to share and get some feedback in a Pokemon community! I really look forward to finding new friends and people who like the same things and helping each other with our projects ^^

Hello Boomix, and welcome to the forums!
    It is always great to see more new people join PokéCommunity! If you want to share your art, you can do it in the Art Studio section! For your writings, the Fan Fiction & Writing section is there for you!
    If you are looking for other main games to play, I recommend you to try Black 2 / White 2, among the best in my opinion.

I really like all of the new things Gen 9 did, but my favorite gen has to be 3. I've played Emerald more times than I can count lol. I'm actually going in a similar direction with my ROM Hack, that being having two teams. One is good and worships Arceus, representing Christianity in our world. The other is evil and worships Giratina, representing the evil in the world. I'm using my home state of West Virginia as my basis for the region and fakemon designs. My grass starter is a chipmunk with a honeysuckle growing as its tail and the secondary type is fairy. My fire starter is a siberian husky with ice as its dual type. My water starter is a great blue heron with flying of course as it's dual type. They all have their own new signature move and hidden ability. I've got a Banjo 2 stage fakemon too that's ghost/Fairy type. I'd love to get to know some artists and put our creativity together to make this happen. I've got around 50+ ideas right now, some are unnamed. I'm even going with the stereotypical "redneck" as a trainer class and coal miners too (didn't gen 5 have those?). I also have a coal miner fakemon idea as a sort of cross-mimic of machop x geodude. I'm really hoping to get an audience behind this bc I believe it would be really fun.

This looks neat! I wish you the best of luck with this ROM hack project!

Boomix

Wandering Artist in the Pokemon plains...
    Days
    • she/her
    • Seen Jun 20, 2023
    Hello there Boomix, and welcome to the PC!

This is indeed a great place to show off your art and stories with other fans!

What is it that you like the most about Pokemon?

Thanks for the welcome, I'd say I love the mechanics of mega evolution, storytelling of some games, using various types of Pokemon, and of course getting as many Pokemon as I can! BW and SM are my favorites story-wise though it was pretty slow in SM at the beginning. I also like playing games in the same regions to diversify my team members.

Years
  • Thanks for the welcome, I'd say I love the mechanics of mega evolution, storytelling of some games, using various types of Pokemon, and of course getting as many Pokemon as I can! BW and SM are my favorites story-wise though it was pretty slow in SM at the beginning. I also like playing games in the same regions to diversify my team members.

I love mega-evolutions too! Do you have some favourite ones ?

Back