• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo 3DS Revealed!

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I'll wait for the next revi...Aww, nah, I'll just get this model, and all the other models after that, like I always do! And the games to launch are well, awesome!

At first I really didn't like the design of the 3DS, but within, like... an hour, this is pretty much what was running through my mind. I mean, the games alone are incentive enough to want this system. And the blue 3DS!!! It's so beautiful... it looks like candy. I really just want to lie down with it and cuddle. xD

Also, I've had every version of the DS so far, except the XL. I am a proud DS fangirl. 8Dv

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    They should put an infrared distance sensor on the front of the 3DS to auto-adjust the 3D focus.

This here. Or something like it. They're keeping the camera on the inside from the DSi, so it doesn't seem to be too much of a stretch. It would be a very welcome addition, judging from what I hear about the sweetspot thing.

I think I'll be building up an extra couple hundred dollars for whenever it does come out. Does anybody know when that is yet?

Nintendo 3DS: Printin' money since before release day.

Last edited:

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    This here. Or something like it. They're keeping the camera on the inside from the DSi, so it doesn't seem to be too much of a stretch. It would be a very welcome addition, judging from what I hear about the sweetspot thing.

I think I'll be building up an extra couple hundred dollars for whenever it does come out. Does anybody know when that is yet?

Nintendo 3DS: Printin' money since before release day.

IT PRINTS MONEY!!!

Nintendo 3DS Revealed!
    I showed this picture to a friend and she actually thought the DS REALLY printed money, rofl. It didn't help that, after realizing her gullibility, I even explained how it worked. XD

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'm actually completely in love with it. I'm ready for something new and imagine the possibilities with Metroid Prime Hunters on this thing. I'm getting the red one the day they are released in the states.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    They haven't announced a price range yet, have they? I imagine it'll be around the $200 mark. Possibly more, since the DSi XL still retails for $200 and why they wouldn't go above and beyond that with brand new hardware doesn't make sense. Except that if you go above $200, you get into the very expensive territory which Nintendo has, for obvious reasons, been shying away from in recent years. :( I hope the 3DS won't break my wallet too bad.
    Well it's already canon because it's simply a remake of a Japan only game, so that won't be a problem. If you are wondering, it takes place after KHII. As for the useless spin-off, I think it's along the lines of what Re: Chains of Memories was to Chains of Memories, basically a streamlined, graphically improved version.
    You're thinking of Re:Coded and that game is just a regular DS game--not 3DS. The 3DS game they have screenshots of is completely different from Re:Coded. I'm excited for Coded (I can finally play it!) but very, very suspicious of this other game. But that's kind of off-topic. XD;

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I really hope they do the Gamestop Trade In discount like they did with the DSi and DSXL (which really didn't deserve it). If that's the case... I might actually be able to afford more than one game for the bloody thing!

The graphics were so damn good I thought Kid Icarus: Uprising was going to be a Wii game the first time I saw them :X

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020

IT PRINTS MONEY!!!

Nintendo 3DS Revealed!
    I showed this picture to a friend and she actually thought the DS REALLY printed money, rofl. It didn't help that, after realizing her gullibility, I even explained how it worked. XD

That's just the DS. This is how the 3DS operates with printing money.
    Nintendo 3DS Revealed!
    Just noticed something- the trailer showed the 3DS printing money!

EDIT: The irony of this is that my site went overboard with 3DS news.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    hey i was wondering, is there a mic? on the spec thing it didnt say anything, and there isnt a mic port next to the headphone port. how would you play nintendogs + cats like this?
    im hoping they'll do more innovative stuff with animal crossing, so far the graphics have improved which is good, but i hope for more areas and items.
    the mario kart screen shots look amazing. It resembles mario kart wii, with all the lighting stuff.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    looks really good. I think I'll get red. I like red. I hope that ornacle of time thing's true, never got to play it but it looks fun. Though i might not get it until a year or more after it's release, since i just recently got a DSi, and i'm not made of money. i could put it on my christmas or birthday list, but at the moment, my parents aren't made of money either so they have to buy wii games for me instead

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I wonder how many people are going to try that.

Me.

hey i was wondering, is there a mic? on the spec thing it didnt say anything, and there isnt a mic port next to the headphone port. how would you play nintendogs + cats like this?

When it comes to Nintendogs + cats, I'm hoping for more improvements rather than worrying about the mic. It does take them a while to respond to the mic commands. Anyway, I'm hoping for a major improvement on this. Nintendogs was great, don't get me wrong, but so many things could have been fixed. I had a list back when I constantly played, but it's slipped my mind now. I haven't played in at least two years. Perhaps a better house, the ability to access more rooms in the house, have more dogs, have the dogs grow so that they can be bred, but not grow old enough to die. And this doesn't have to be done the naughty way, either. They could do something similar to breeding cows in Harvest Moon. Good ole Miracle Potion, anyone?

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    I probably won't bother trying the Peach thing, I ruined it by overdoing it in Brawl. Them screenshots were always a great feature...

And yes, it does have a mic, though I forget where, lemme check the specs again. I never used it much in Nintendogs myself. Probaby won't get it a second time, because after a while it stopped being fun for me. But I'd totally reccomend it to anyone who didn't try it first time around and without a real dog.

EDIT: The specs don't say where, but there is definitely an "embedded microphone".

Years
    I just wonder what the whole 3d feel is going to be like. I have seen some screenshots of games but it doesn't really show what it's going to be like at all

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I love those "IT PRINTS MONEY!!!" gifs. Saved 'em both. 8Dd I really hope this comes out around Christmas, then I could ask my mom to buy it for me. Otherwise... I might have to wait. :( I haven't even told her about it because I'm so afraid of how she'll react. Also, I really don't want to trade in my DSi for it. ;_; But I may end up having to do just that. :/

FloatingClouds

Champion CSSer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2011
    Heh, can I get an "Amen"?

Still sad to see no Black and White news. The Black 3DS is my favorite. Hopefully, it's matte instead of glossy.
    I'm pretty sure they have used a mixture of matte and glossy. on the inside is matte and outside clossy and the controlls are glossy.

Back