• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

okay this has been bugging me

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    i've been on two hour long flights within the past couple of days, zero problems whatsoever, and both times some people clapped when the plane landed, for no other reason than Yes - We Have Landed.
    and it's so weird to me when people do that

but is it weird for you? are you that kind of person? i really just don't get it

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    What? Now that's weird. I was on a 13 hour plane a I never heard anyone clapping afterwards. I've only been on a plane a few times but I've never seen or heard people clapping when they've landed.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    god yeah also people clapping when the credits roll in the movie theatre like whats that about??

okay, those people should be banned from entering a cinema. that's just annoying. if anyone here is one of those people, i need you to stop. cease. desist.

User19sq

With Pence's jet swerving and two other planes catching fire, people are probably gonna be more inclined to clap over surviving the flight. XDDDD

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018
    lol I don't care much haha. On charter flights, people clapped and I thought it was just a fun charter thing. On normal flights, I haven't had people clapping though.

in the cinemas, I just think it's a nice thing to show appreciation or something, idk.

Years
  • I've only seen it in theaters so far after really good movies (okay, usually after Marvel movies I guess), and that doesn't really bother me as it's the end of the movie, people can make as much noise as they want by then. :D I have never seen people do it after a flight, though. Only time I've seen people applause in an airport-related setting was after a delay and several terminal changes, and that was definitely understandable in that case. But yeah, all the flights I've ever been on, people seem more inclined to just grab their stuff and get out as soon as possible than anything.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    people clap when the plane lands?

and they do this regularly?

why

Years
  • Very common thing for flights we've been on. Almost every flight going to or from the US/Mexico/Dominican Republic (AKA all the American people going to and from vacation) people clap, but I don't have memory of clapping when we took our NYC > Russia flights and back. Usually people just start talking and getting up to pack their stuff even though seatbelt sign is always still on lol.

I hate planes rides though, so occasionally I'll clap because I'm so happy to be back on land. B]/

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I have literally never seen this happen and I've been on a decent amount of flights. the clapping at a movie theatre thing I have seen and I WILL join in. YOLO.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    i hate it when people clap when planes land. its unnecessary and i jsut woke up from a nap and it disturbs me. im fine with movie theaters though. ive only seen that happen after some sort of big movie IE: Star wars.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    what is wrong with u adri

why are u angry people clap

they are showing respect to the pilot and the film makers

shit aint easy ok

Years
  • Look at me. I'm congratulating them. But also look at me. Congratulate me for congratulating them. I'm congratulating the hardest. I must be a good person. See my greatness.

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
    Years
  • This always confused me. Why would you clap? I understand thanking the pilots and everything, but just say "thank you, have a good day!" instead of waking people up. ._.
    Movies I can kind of understand. Clapping to say "hey I enjoyed this movie!" makes more sense that "LOOK, WE'RE ON THE GROUND!"
    That's just me though.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • It's to applaud the crew for their service. Clapping after movies is what I don't understand: unless you're at a premiere with the actors and film crew then no one is there to hear it.

Back