• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

omg I can't sleep...

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Do you ever suffer from insomnia? Are you the type of person who stays up really late? Or do you go to bed early? :O

I've always had horrible insomnia. I think it's part anxiety/part medication induced. DX I tend to go to sleep early, but then I wake up and can't back to sleep. X_x Insomnia is what I'm dealing with right at this moment. ><

So, what about you?

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
    I have terrible Insomnia for as long as I remember. I took at least six to eight pills of heavy sleeping medicine, I didn't even yawn, I tried fixing it for the longest time but I don't really know how, well I tried a tonne of things just to be able to get the slightest bit of sleep, or even rest, and I get up really early even when I manage to succumb to sleep.

It's very unhealthy though, so yeah.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    I could fall asleep anytime and anywhere, not kidding.
    At night i usually stay up way too late though, which i regret in the morning, but i still keep doing it xD

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    If I get less than 7 hours sleep in a night I usually feel horrible the next day, so sleep isn't really much of an issue with me.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I could fall asleep anytime and anywhere, not kidding.
    At night i usually stay up way too late though, which i regret in the morning, but i still keep doing it xD

omg same here. My anxiety skyrockets if I stay up or pull an all nighter. DX I do it anyway though. XD

This couldn't be more relevant to me by the way: Shouldn't you be in bed, [supporter]RainbowShy[/supporter]? LOL

Beiji.Long

Official Boobie Inspector
    Years
    You go to sleep early and are evidently on brain-stimulating pieces of technology, such as your computer. Maybe it is that.

Sometimes I can't sleep, sometimes I can. I appreciate each moment for what it is I guess.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    hahahaha omg it's 6am and I haven't slept yet

I usually go to sleep pretty late, but that's because I take naps during the day and I don't get tired until pretty late, and even when I do try to fall asleep it's difficult.

Currently pulling an all-nighter "studying" as sleep isn't exactly a luxury I can afford at the moment.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    It really depends on what day it is,school day,10:30 pm is my bedtime but my body doesn't want to rest just yet so i end up sleeping at 11:30pm,on weekends i can go as long as 2:00am before my eyes decide to shut down and i fall asleep while my eyeglasses are still on :3

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I sleep fairly well most of the time; I go to bed at 10:30pm and get up at 6am, although I tend to fall asleep/wake up within an hour of those times. If I've got a lot on my mind I have difficulty falling asleep (I'm the kind of person who broods over things in bed when I've nothing better to be doing) but I wouldn't say I suffer from insomnia all that often.

I've never been one for going to bed earlier/later than I usually do either...I think that's part of the reason I sleep as well as I do. Not only that, but staying up until 2am or whatever would come back to bite me hard later - I live outside of a very noisy factory, and live with a very noisy younger brother. I either sleep at night or I don't sleep at all. xD

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Sleep and I are not friends.
    I'm always wide awake at night so I stay up really late. Even if I was tired that evening, I'll get a second wind of sorts around 10 PM. When I finally lie down, my mind is racing with a bazillion things. Because that is clearly the time for it to start shooting me ideas, when I don't have my sketch book. Thanks, Brain. Once we pass that hurdle, we're onto recurring nightmares and my weak bladder. I tend to wake up at least 3 times every night.

On a good day, I'll be so tired that I just black out for a solid 6 hours. Probably the best sleep I get. {XD}

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I have the worst case of insomnia you'll ever find, especially when I'm under a lot of stress. There were times in college when I would go 2 or three days without sleeping, and when I would try to, I'd just lay in my bed looking at the ceiling. It's not as bad nowadays, but it still usually takes me a while after laying down to go to sleep. I also can't sleep at all unless I'm in a bed with a pillow and covers. I usually take sleep aids to help me get to sleep. They're just little herbal chamomille pills, I don't like sedatives because they usually make me oversleep.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    I get insomnia when I'm under a lot of stress. There was a 3 week period not to long ago where I was only getting 3 hours max a night. It doesn't happen to me often, but when it does it sucks.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    It happens on my front depending on what ends up in my thoughts by the time I try to go to bed, if the thoughts are pleasant, it's no problem while if the thoughts are unpleasant then yeah insomnia ahoy.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'm no stranger to insomnia. I've had that happen to me most of 2012 and again in 2013 because of my anxiety and depression. Right now, with a good habit of sleeping certain hours, it has helped me a lot. I've done sleeping aids before but I always get groggy in the morning.

It's a rarity now, which is good.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
    I don't usually have any trouble in getting to sleep. Then again, I don't usually get much sleep, lately, so when I do, I sort of just clunk out.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I have no idea what it's like to be able to lay down and fall asleep easily.

Even when I go to bed at a decent time, I lay there for anywhere for two to four hours before I manage to sleep.

The only times that I've ever fallen asleep easily was when I was high on sleeping pills, or drunk. The latter has only happened twice, and the "sleeping pills" were anti-anxiety meds that weren't mine so that's not something I can use regularly. Though, guess I should take a hint to see a psychiatrist and get my own. =w=

Years
    This doesn't happen to me much, but when i'm wanting something, sometimes I find it hard to sleep. I remember way back in October 2012 when I was playing my main Pokémon White 2 and was about to enter the Seaside Cave to head towards the big main Team Plasma event, I could hardly contain my excitement and was eager to wake up. I got up at like 6:30 or 7 that morning.

When I end up NOT sleeping late, it's usually because i've been energized from having played something, talking to someone, or something like that.

Back