• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OMG I JUST GOT A TEXT HURGABUGRHGLASDFGA

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    How often do you actually talk to people on here or in your life outside of here? How excited are you when someone messages you? Or on the other hand do you hate it when people talk to you? Are you a conversation starter or do you wait for someone to message you first?

Poki

Banned
    Years
    In real life: I am often interrupted by my friends/family, so I don't even bother.

On PC: I'd talk to more people on here if, y'know, they actually responded to my messages. >_>

But, yeah, it's cool when someone who gives a ♥♥♥♥ decides to message you & all.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
    I am really talkative and I sure would like to talk to my friends on here but they never answer back. I don't know why.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    In real life, I talk quite a bit. I'm pretty social, if I do say so myself. I'm also usually a conversation starter, cause, well, I just have stuff to say lol. That being said, I don't exactly get "excited" when someone messages me. It's something normal. It does annoy me when someone doesn't respond though. Which is one reason why I prefer face to face conversations.

On here, lately I've been mute. Rarely have time to really go on anymore. I do try to reply asap, though I end up pushing it, and then I sometimes forget -_-

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    For the majority of my friends, we have an ongoing conversation. I'll send a text, then they'll send a text, and it just goes on from there throughout the days. That's not a rule we have or anything. If I wake up and want to talk to them, then I'll send them a text. Usually, I tend to send texts to my offline friends when I think of them throughout the day. So if you're an offline friend of mine and you get a text message from me in the morning, and I was the last to reply the day before, that means I thought of you and want to talk to you.

I've noticed some of my friends are very strict no double texters, so if I don't respond to them, they usually won't text me until they start to miss me or have something important to say, or a question to ask. I kind of think its stupid that they have that etiquette, but it's whatever. I'm usually the person to initiate a conversation with someone, so some days I just decide that I'm going to wait on the other people to talk to me. Sometimes that ends up with me getting, like, one person talking to me throughout the day, and while that's disheartening to me, I also take texting a little more seriously than some of my friends.

Texting is just important to me. I mainly blame the fact that throughout high school, I was predominantly talking to people online. So I developed a need to have written communication with someone when I'm not around them. And if I don't see you that day, or for a few days, then I'll want to text you. Just a casual conversation that goes on whenever we have the chance to respond to each other. Nothing major or overbearing, though when I first start talking to someone, I usually dedicate most of my time to building a relationship with them so I text them much more frequently than I do my friends that have been friends with me for a while.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    I don't really talk to people, as a general rule.

BUT when I do, I wait for them to message me first. I do it on PC, because I really don't care whether or not I talk to people, if people talk to me, cool. I made a friend (Hopefully..... I won't name names). I do it in IRL because I'm to anxietyty to message or talk to someone first.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    in real life, i just text my boyfriend or people from work/college.

on pc, i tend to be friendly and message them randomly if i feel in a chit chat mood or i see something in a post that i am intrigued about.

i like getting texts though(:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I get really excited when I get a text, especially if it's from my friends or bf.

I tend to be an introvert when it comes to talking to peeps irl, but when people get close to strike a conversation with me I tend to warm up. Online it's a whole different ball game, I'm always talking to peeps, and usually the one striking up a convo with a few peeps. xD

srinator

real life is a pain in the ass, when you are free and want to talk someone, the other guy doesn't respond until and unless you are sleeping or something. A guy literally called me at 2 am to ask me how i was, i prolly went HSAHDAHND and slept again (idek). And when you have a lot of stuff to do, or your in someplace crowded, *beep bloop beep* you get like a ♥♥♥♥ton of messages :/

i like to talk to people in person, and not on phone or via text, cause im too lazy to text and well i have phonophobia (i invented it yes \o/)

i like talking here tho, getting to know new people and how it is in other countries :3

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Oh my god I dunno why I laughed so hard at the title.

I need to go to bed..

Anyhoo, I tend to get excited when I get a text depending on who it's from. If it's someone I don't get to talk to much, or a crush or something, I'm like "ALKSDjlksd", but if it's from someone who blows up my phone on a normal basis, I just kind of go "I'll get it after this next game level...".

In general I tend to text / talk to people quite often, especially when I'm not too stressed and in a good mood where I'm all "(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ FRIENDSHIP *:・゚✧ !

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I get really excited when people message me! I don't really get much attention irl since I'm pretty quiet and introverted, so the fact that someone would message me either here or on my phone means that someone probably wants something from me (not in a bad way!! like a response or something!) and that's quite cool. :)

I don't tend to initiate conversations since I am actually quite introverted and self-conscious so I often wait/let other people start them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't actually use pc to talk to anyone. The few people I talk to here have my number so they can text me. In my real life I talk to my friends everyday. Maybe not every single one each day, but at least one of them at the minimum. People text me everyday so I'm not someone who rushes to my phone when I hear it go off. A lot of times I read my texts and then mentally answer and completely forget to actually text them back tehe. Usually I get texted first before I text someone else. With some people though I'd say it's 50/50.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    When I get a text I get annoyed if I am busy but not then I am happy I got one.
    On PC if I get an Message I will be happy that someone wants to talk to me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I talk to people here every day, whether it be by VM, via Skype, or even in our battle server. We're a community, and as a member, I feel that I should be getting to know as much people as I possibly can and eventually become friends. Probably might not be meeting them in real life, but... that doesn't really matter to me, haha. Same applies in real life; I always find myself hanging around with somebody, except for when I'm home and need to get work done.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I get messages etc quite a bit, at least 5-10 a day, usually from either work colleagues trying to contact me about something work-related, or from friends trying to make social plans.

I only have a few PC peeps as contacts outside of here (on Skype), who I speak to semi-regularly. I'd like to think i'm a fairly social person, I kind of have to be in my line of work.

Years
    For the last couple weeks, I've been practically isolating myself from everyone, and spending my time gaming in solitude c: Those small bouts of loneliness aren't unusual for me though, but I've barely talked and/or texted anyone during this time; only a few that I actually want to talk to. In terms of starting conversations, amongst my friends I think I'm the person who does it the most often because we're all relatively quiet, and introverted so that forces me to become the conversation starter. The only person who I get excited over when they text me is my crush XD But that's been dwindling because my schoolwork has been brutally raping frustrating me.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    I can't get messages. I'm one of those people who don't have a phone (highly unusual in this day and age), so I can't really talk to people. It's all done on either social media (which I never use), or word of mouth.

On PC however, I usually VM people first. I'm all like "HEY THERE WANNA BE MY FREN" because I like meeting new people! But, I wouldn't mind getting a VM first, it's a surprise really.
    Sadly my Skype is messed up, so I can't talk to people outside of here. :(
    There was a period of time when my crush messaged me when I actually had a phone...I smiled a lot. Let's leave it at that.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
    I'm always texting someone. Always. It's either my best friend or my other friends from this other forum I'm on. That or if I have a significant other I'm texting them.

My phone gets crap reception and I barely have minutes anyways so I prefer text over calling.

Here on PC I'll only go out of my way to talk someone if they did something to get my attention or they contacted me first... which is basically the same thing.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    PC: I pretty much only reply =D

IRL: I'm really happy when someone texts me on phone because I get to hear Hanazawa Kana saying "Otegami wo uketorimashiita, hayaku henshin wo shimashou!" =DDDDDD

Back