• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

omg pls answer

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
  • When you text someone and they haven't responded for a while, do you keep sending texts to them or do you just drop it?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I wait a little bit and send another message. The most I'll send without a reply (in a day) is 3 or 4 depending on the person and our conversation.

Sirfetch’d

Depends. If it's urgent I'll send something like "hey did you get my first message" so they are sorta reminded to reply.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I HATE double texting, because it makes me a) feel like I'm annoying them or b) come across as desperate for attention. But I also feel a little powerless in situations like that as well, and sometimes I just need an answer. I try to give them a reasonable amount of time to reply, and assume they're busy or sleeping. But if enough time passes where it's like "Okay...." then I start to think I did something wrong, because most people check their phone many times throughout a day - too much, really. And my friends all always keep their phone on them and constantly check them, so I assume they're ignoring me after a while. And then I'll often ignore them back to regain that sense of power that I lost from my last message. It's immature, but that's how it is for me when it comes to the texting game.

Years
  • It's really dependent on how comfortable I am with that person. If they're someone I'm close to that I talk to on a daily basis and see often, then I don't care how many times I text them in a row. However, if it's someone that I'm just starting to talk to, I don't want to give them the impression that I'm annoying or pestering them, so I try not to unless it's urgent. Unfortunately, this is really difficult for me because I'm naturally a chatty person, and love having conversations with people, so when they don't respond after I while, I want to keep it going D:

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    If you text and the person doesn't reply, it usually means that they don't want to talk to you. Especially if you leave it for a day. If it's just a few hours, then just wait. If they do this all the time, stop talking to them because they obviously don't want to talk to you.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I just wait a day or two and then message them again.

Then if no answer, I just leave it at that. Clearly they're busy or they just don't want to talk to me. xD

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I'll probably give them an hour or so before I text/message them again. If I don't get a response, I'll assume they aren't even there.

Years
  • Define 'a while'. I constantly seem to get texts when my phone's battery is dead, or when I had it on silent and so don't see them until potentially hours later. It ain't fair to get impatient with someone for not responding in a matter of minutes or even hours. There could be all manor of reasons why they aren't replying, just be patient. After a day or two, then maybe follow it up.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • You should ask yourself that, just saying.

Now, lemme add an answer to the topic:
    I won't do ♥♥♥♥. I won't leave a second message to someone who obviously doesn't care enough to reply to the first one.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2014
    Just drop it - if they haven't replied, there's probably a reason. They also might be busy. Sometimes I'm in the middle of something and don't feel like replying.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • It's simple, really. If someone I'm texting with doesn't reply back, I won't be bothered by it at all. I understand when someone's either busy to text back, or just doesn't have anything else to say.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Those kind of things rarely happen to me; whenever I send texts to people, they always respond within twenty-four hours, in most cases. Though, it does take longer every once in a while, and when it does, I'd send them another message to make sure that they've seen what I've sent and haven't forgotten to read. I do this myself from time to time--I forget to read some of my texts--so, for me, this is all perfectly understandable.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Leave it be, cuz they probably don't want to talk to me or don't have anything to say. I get kind of sad tho.

If I want to talk to them another topic or whatever, then I wait 3-7 days and then vm them again.

Years
  • I always, always avoid trying to send multiple texts at different intervals simply because they're not answering. Whenever people do that to me, depending on the content, if it's not an emergency or anything, it just screams clingy, and needy to me \: That's not how I'd want to be perceived so I refrain from bombarding my friends with texts.

Back