• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I have no credit right now, but I am glad. I see all my friends piling their expensive trips and items onto their credit cards and I just know that debt is adding up in an unbelievable way. I stick to a debit card and cash for everything. I don't mind that I don't have credit and maybe someday I will get a credit card simply to build my credit up, but for now I'm happy knowing I'm not putting myself into debt.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    While people don't need credit, it's a more convenient way for most people to achieve getting something. But I don't even know if I can really say that. Renters check credit scores of their tenants when they're applying for an apartment, and you need to meet that. Even if you have a really great job. Credit tells people that you handle your financial responsibilities. You can choose to avoid those places, but those places are generally the places that people want to go. I know I'd rather live in a proper apartment complex again than where I'm living now.

I have my some debt. Not a lot. I owe money to my old insurance company. It's not a high amount. I can easily pay it off, if I could afford to at the moment. Unfortunately I can't afford to. Plus, I put myself in the place where I maxed out my credit card, and I have to pay off my car, and that's a difficult thing to do when you don't have a steady source of income anymore. I have a Target credit card too that I used on occasion, and I need to pay the bill for that. That's not much either. I think my credit is pretty good though. It's not good in the grand scheme of credit scores, but for my age, my score definitely falls in the range of my peers.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Credit scores here are based on more than credit cards. You can just show evidence of paid phone bills and previous rental history to show you can handle money. I've got great credit yet I've never owned a credit card in my life.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Here it's based on debt in general. What they want to know is if you owe money to someone whether or not you can be trusted to pay it off, before they do something like give you keys to their property and trust you'll give them the money to live there.

The funny thing one of the reasons why I have good credit is my student loans that haven't even come due yet; every month they report to the agencies that I paid my 0 dollars due and it bumps my score a bit haha.

Sir Codin

Oh, god, I don't even want to think about my credit.

I pay a good amount on time every month, but I'm still about several thousand in debt.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My mom's credit was trashed after her divorce but she cleaned it up with some careful planning. There's hope!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    My mom's not allowed to have credit cards because she buys things with no control. So yea she has for the longest time had the worst credit of anyone I've ever known.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Oh, god, I don't even want to think about my credit.

I pay a good amount on time every month, but I'm still about several thousand in debt.

You should have thought of that before you just had to have that heart shaped water bed with the disco lights attached.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    You should have thought of that before you just had to have that heart shaped water bed with the disco lights attached.
    On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Come on Andy, how can any man have a decent bachelor pad without good décor? It's pretty much mandatory.

Years
    I don't end up using my credit card all that much; since I have lots of money to utilize I can usually pay on the dot, but if i'm presented with something especially expensive, then I may use the credit card on that. Debit cards are usually more suitable for me.

Sir Codin

I should've thought about that before I decided I wanted my car to break down. Cuz that's how it all got started and it went downhill from there.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    I should've thought about that before I decided I wanted my car to break down. Cuz that's how it all got started and it went downhill from there.
    Ladies and germs, I present to you a condensed version of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events: paraphrased by CarcharOdin.

I got a few chapters into the first book and soon realized it's never going to get better, since no matter how many shreds of hope the author puts in your face it just keeps getting worse. I promptly closed the book and burned it along with all my other good literature pieces like the devout religious man I am, and since I didn't finish it I can't be certain, but I have a feeling everyone dies. The end.

Sir Codin

Ladies and germs, I present to you a condensed version of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events: paraphrased by CarcharOdin.

I got a few chapters into the first book and soon realized it's never going to get better, since no matter how many shreds of hope the author puts in your face it just keeps getting worse. I promptly closed the book and burned it along with all my other good literature pieces like the devout religious man I am, and since I didn't finish it I can't be certain, but I have a feeling everyone dies. The end.
    If I end up getting a bad credit score and am unable to put a down payment for a house, then you bet your ass that's how things will end: Everyone dies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Those books are actually not that terrible from what I remember. They're not like ASOIAF where it's just realistic enough that you feel like you're in a real world, and I can't remember anyone dying (or at least none of the children? it's been a long time), so it can't be that bad.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    My mom's not allowed to have credit cards because she buys things with no control. So yea she has for the longest time had the worst credit of anyone I've ever known.

An old family friend of mine has the worst credit I've ever seen.. like, I dunno how bad some other people have gotten, but this woman was so in dept that she really need to just foreclose on her entire house, and most of the stuff in it, and she'd just keep getting more credit cards and making min. payments / no payments at all. >_>; And she'd still buy things for herself, and gifts for other people, and etc. It was insane. Because her situation I only allow myself one credit card, and I use for things that are we really need. .w.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    i don't have a credit card :o i probably should get one soon but im scared cause im worried i 'll forget to make payments lol.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    You can set it on autopay, that's what I do.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    I really don't see the point in having a credit card that I'm not reserving exclusively for emergencies. What's the point in a system of borrowing money and then paying it back with interest when you could spend money you'd already have in the same time frame just as well?

Years
    The only reason I'd see myself needing a credit card is to buy things off of the internet, but one reason isn't enough in my opinion, and I'd also probably want to avoid annual fees just for owning one as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back