• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

online shopping

Years
    I do most of my shopping online these days. It's convenient with health problems. Can't say I have a favourite site though.

pkmin3033

I buy everything except for food online now, and I have for a long time now. High street prices are...disgusting, frankly. I understand the store has to make a profit which necessitates a higher price, but why on earth would I pay £54.99 for a new game when I can pick up that same game for £39.85 on base.com, for example? My resources are not unlimited and I can't say that I think it's acceptable to be charging those kinds of prices either, especially not in this economy. As soon as people stop being greedy, I might consider giving them my business again.

I don't really have a favourite site either - whichever is cheapest.

Years
    Anything that isn't groceries or haircuts I buy online now. Dedicated online shopping websites are cool and all, but I recently found out that FB Marketplace in my area is rife with things I wanna buy. Coupled with one day deliveries, I almost exclusively shop there now. Just bought a 2nd hand monitor off some dude a few days ago lol.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I don't buy much online unless I have to. I'm one of those that wants their stuff yesterday. I think the last time I truly bought something online was when the virus had first hit and closed everything down.

Years
    I pretty much only shop online! The options are obviously so much better and you can always find stuff that you wouldn't get in stores, plus I'm a size 12/13 so getting shoes irl is almost impossible for me, especially a pair I actually want! Amazon is definitely the site I use the most too :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2020
    I mostly buy all of my things online now too, it is more convenient and hassle free.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I buy things online sometimes? Not a lot. Last thing I bought online was my new phone. I try not to buy online that often anymore because there was a time where I spent a lot of money online...yeah. <_<

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    I am a careful spender and I do not buy stuff I don't absolutely need that often. All the necessities I can probably walk to the store and pick it up. When I do occasionally order from, say, Amazon, it's either a book or a very specific gift for someone.

Years
    i buy most things except food online. i hesitate to go anywhere in store given... obvious world events so if possible if it's available online, i'd likely prefer shopping that way.

ps: yes, i'm aware one can grocery shop online, and i have done that once or twice to a positive experience, but going grocery shopping is one of the only things i'll go in-store for.

Years
    My mom won't let me get a credit card, so if I want to buy something, I have to ask for money and walk to the near-by Walmart 30 minutes away. I don't go to Gamestop for games anymore. Walmart sells cheaper now. Gamestop is so scummy IMO. Sometimes, I get food from the pizza place down the other road. My mom does all the grocery shopping.

Though for special occasions (ex: last Christmas), I got two games via Amazon ("Pokemon Sword" and "Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair.") Thanks mom. And I want to get a new bedding for this Christmas via Amazon (Either Pokemon themed, Sonic the Hedgehog themed, or Animal Crossing themed). IDK what I want yet.

I think since my bday is in 15 days LITERALLY, I am going to ask my mom for Animal Crossing New Horizons. Guess where's she'll probably buy it? Amazon! *rolls eyes*

And mom buys most of her vitamins from Amazon too so I guess that's a thing now?

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2020
    I buy almost everything online, clothes, toys for the kids, food... The only thing I buy from regular store is vegetables, fruits and meat. Otherwise I buy all my groceries from iHerb. I'm so busy with work and when I have free time I prefer to spend it with the family instead of going to a regular store. The shop I use the most are : Amazon eBay Iherb.

Last edited:
    Years
    I buy nearly everything, including groceries online now. I already bought a lot from Amazon etc. then 2020 forced the rest on me. It wasn't so much the virus, it was the fact that I couldn't drive for months and our nearest shops are about 45 mins away.

I have now bought a pass for the online groceries, so that will likely continue next year. I'm autistic and have severe trauma problems, so I prefer not to go to the shops if I can help it, but I also prefer buying stuff I can see rather than getting it blind online.

Back