• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Where do you guys think Sableye's Mega Stone will be? I'm thinking possibly Mt. Pyre or around there, because it's a ghost-themed area, but that could be where you can get Banettite - that's a toss-up. As for Sceptile, Swampert, and Blaziken, I'm thinking Professor Birch gives them to you, but that might not be what happens. Could Sycamore make a cameo? o:

Since Sableye and Mawile are version exclusives, I bet you find their respective stones in the version in which it doesn't appear. So Mawile is a Ruby exclusive so you find it's stone in Sapphire, while you find Sableye's stone in Ruby. Sorta like how they did for Tyranitar and (I think?) Aggron.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Where do you guys think Sableye's Mega Stone will be? I'm thinking possibly Mt. Pyre or around there, because it's a ghost-themed area, but that could be where you can get Banettite - that's a toss-up. As for Sceptile, Swampert, and Blaziken, I'm thinking Professor Birch gives them to you, but that might not be what happens. Could Sycamore make a cameo? o:

Yeah, I'm thinking Sycamore will. He was the Professor in the region where Mega Evolution was "discovered" or first put in the game, and he gave you a Mega Stone + starter in XY. They seem to like cameos in every other game, so I think there's a chance he'll appear. :)

Years
  • Since Sableye and Mawile are version exclusives, I bet you find their respective stones in the version in which it doesn't appear. So Mawile is a Ruby exclusive so you find it's stone in Sapphire, while you find Sableye's stone in Ruby. Sorta like how they did for Tyranitar and (I think?) Aggron.

You are correct. They did that as well with Manectric and Houndoom, so it's definitely likely that something similar happens with Mawile and Sableye in ORAS. It could also simply be found in the area Sableye is caught, Granite Cave, but like X and Y, can only be found once defeating the Champion. Of course, the sundial won't be in Hoenn, but some mechanic that resembles it could make a debut in Hoenn.

Years
  • You are correct. They did that as well with Manectric and Houndoom, so it's definitely likely that something similar happens with Mawile and Sableye in ORAS. It could also simply be found in the area Sableye is caught, Granite Cave, but like X and Y, can only be found once defeating the Champion. Of course, the sundial won't be in Hoenn, but some mechanic that resembles it could make a debut in Hoenn.

Maybe this mechanic will tie in with diancie (if it actually plays a part of the game)

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • What if Sycamore appears in the game and the events that happen in ORAS is the reason why he is tackling Mega Evolution in XY. Maybe he comes to Hoenn to study about the Mega Stones Steven finds?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    More probably Steven just references Sycamore as who first studied mega evolutions or something. Doesn't seem right for a Kalos professor to appear in a remake.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    More probably Steven just references Sycamore as who first studied mega evolutions or something. Doesn't seem right for a Kalos professor to appear in a remake.

Agreed.

I think Mega Stones and Mega Evolution were said to have been discovered in Kalos anyway. I believe it's more probable that Steven caught on to the event in Kalos and decided to study on it over in Hoenn. He does like his stones afterall! .. I just can't but wonder where the heck he got a Charizard from. The guy's full of surprises isn't he?

Years
  • Maybe Sycamore and Steven go way back, childhood friends or something. Sycamore gave him a charmander awhile back and recently sent him the mega stone in order to help him find more. Just a theory

Years
  • I think it's totally possible that Sycamore comes to Hoenn. Oak went to Johto, albeit their regions were a bit more intertwined than Kalos and Hoenn. He's the primary researcher for Mega evolution, and he's probably gotten requests from all over the Pokemon world to travel to other regions and unlock their Pokemon's true potential as well. It's probably a pretty revolutionary thing for them, considering how much it increases the power of a Pokemon. Steven and him could have been in touch, and he invites Sycamore to come to Hoenn and study with him.

Years
  • Where do you guys think Sableye's Mega Stone will be? I'm thinking possibly Mt. Pyre or around there, because it's a ghost-themed area, but that could be where you can get Banettite - that's a toss-up. As for Sceptile, Swampert, and Blaziken, I'm thinking Professor Birch gives them to you, but that might not be what happens. Could Sycamore make a cameo? o:

I'm thinking the president of Devon corp, as I posted a screen shot before, that says he also likes to collect "Rare" stones. Perhaps after you give Steven the Devon good(which I think might also be Mega stones for Steven)when you return to Devon corp, you receive your starters Mega stone. And they just then make some other way for you to get the EXP share

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • I'm not really fond of how vivid those tiles look in terms of color, personally. :( It could just be some brightness issue, though; maybe they could be toned down a bit if you reduce it?

I think one will. I imagine they usually take the pictures at medium light without the power saving feature.

I totally understand, dude; I almost always play at minimum brightness with power saving on.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now that is a huge graphical improvement to what it was in the originals... Littleroot Town looks really cool in the new graphics. In the original games, Brendan's house was always assigned to the left while May's was always on the right regardless of who your chosen character was. So I wonder if they'll retain that unique gimmick?

The screenshots of the main protagonists' rooms seem to that they are differentiated like that inside your avatar's house, so I would be a little surprised if the left/right difference wasn't also maintained for the houses' positions as well.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm thinking the president of Devon corp, as I posted a screen shot before, that says he also likes to collect "Rare" stones. Perhaps after you give Steven the Devon good(which I think might also be Mega stones for Steven)when you return to Devon corp, you receive your starters Mega stone. And they just then make some other way for you to get the EXP share

Actually the Devon goods were parts for the Shipyard at Slateport. What we gave Steven was the letter. I don't recall if we were ever told what was in the letter (I think it was a summons, or alerting Steven about the evil team(s)). The letter could have a Mega stone for Steven included.

Years
  • Actually the Devon goods were parts for the Shipyard at Slateport. What we gave Steven was the letter. I don't recall if we were ever told what was in the letter (I think it was a summons, or alerting Steven about the evil team(s)). The letter could have a Mega stone for Steven included.

Still, after you return the letter The President of Devon corp gives you an EXP share, which could be swapped out for Starters Mega stone. And it would make alot of sense. He too is a stone collector.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • hoenn-town-art.png

I was just looking at the official site (the Mascot's page) and noticed something about the cave paintings. Both the Groudon and Kyogre cave painting have a shooting star flying past the Pokemon. Interestingly though, the "shooting star" is represented as a Triangle...now how does the Greek letter Delta look like? A triangle! I think that the shooting star is a reference to Rayquaza's role in stopping the legends in their fight.

I noticed shooting stars in the upper left-hand corner of the ORAS poster, too! Does that mean anything? Could it be related to Deoxys?
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tabitha's design caught me by surprise, because he wasn't as chubby in RSE:

Spr_RS_Tabitha.png

Out of all the Magma redesigns, his is the only one I'm not too fond of :< Fortunately, it wasn't enough to get me down hype-wise.

Wait…isn't 'Tabitha' a girl name?

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Wait, what ORAS poster are you referring to?
    It'll be Jiranchi if it's not Rayquaza seeing how shooting stars are wished upon (hence of course Jiranchi's shape and inspiration).

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • They look like rocket or plane trails, since it's daytime in the poster (if you're talking about the things in the upper left of massive poster you quoted), so maybe it could have something to do with the Space Center, since there aren't airports in Hoenn.

Years
  • Wait…isn't 'Tabitha' a girl name?

Although it is feminine (according to Behind the Name, anyway), Tabitha's been his name since RSE o/

Those lines are most likely plane trails as Altairis suggested. I feel like it'd be rare to have multiple shooting stars at once. A meteor shower is also a possibility (which could hint at Deoxys), but then there would probably be more than just those two falling from the sky.

Years
  • Or the plane trails might just be for effect. :x The clouds floating out of the volcano look gorgeous, wow. Seeing the cable car makes me excited about what it's going to look like going up to Mt. Chimney in 3D. I've said before, but if they made the player look out a window to view a panoramic of the entire region, that would be amazing. *__*

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Or the plane trails might just be for effect. :x The clouds floating out of the volcano look gorgeous, wow. Seeing the cable car makes me excited about what it's going to look like going up to Mt. Chimney in 3D. I've said before, but if they made the player look out a window to view a panoramic of the entire region, that would be amazing. *__*

This...it's good into reading stuff, but there's a such thing as overeading.

Also, I'd LOVE a sexy panoramic view, like the one in B2/W2, but extended!

On an off-topic note, someone is liking all of everyone's posts... O_o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back