• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I think the most plausible way of getting new ORAS info now is Get TV. Hopefully they'll have one episode where they show live gameplay footage, together with a long summary trailer showing things like the updated Professor design, new Gen VI features implemented plus a new "toy" if there is one.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think the most plausible way of getting new ORAS info now is Get TV. Hopefully they'll have one episode where they show live gameplay footage, together with a long summary trailer showing things like the updated Professor design, new Gen VI features implemented plus a new "toy" if there is one.

It'll be awhile before we get a long summary trailer considering thus far they haven't shown much of the games beyond new Megas, the map, the character redesigns, and Primal Reversion. I think August or September will be a good month to get one.

I don't have much faith in Get Tv (especially after that horribly short teaser...). I think there's a better chance of GF and Nintendo surprising us with a Pokemon Direct or some info on the games in a general Direct.

Years
    Remember how low the levels were for the wild Pokemon ? Hope THAT mess gets changed.
    Not too much change though.

Also want to be able to CUT grass again.

I didn't mind the levels of the Pokemon. Sure it was hard to level up Pokemon but it allowed for one to not be as overleveled as in XY when they reach the League HQ.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    If we could 'register' the cut move like any Key Item and cut up the grass, it would save a lot of time. I think the cut grass functionality was mostly unnoticed and too tedious to be of any use, so I guess they just removed it in Gen IV.

As for wild Pokémon, the only thing I hope is that they make them stronger, especially in the eastern waters of Hoenn. You could (iirc) find a wide range of levels of Tentacool, even Lv 5, so it was really hard to train over there. Wailmer gave a lot of exp but fishing him up was too tedious to even consider. I had to resort to a day of grinding in Mt. Pyre to level my Pokémon for Mossdeep gym.

Years
    If we could 'register' the cut move like any Key Item and cut up the grass, it would save a lot of time. I think the cut grass functionality was mostly unnoticed and too tedious to be of any use, so I guess they just removed it in Gen IV.

As for wild Pokémon, the only thing I hope is that they make them stronger, especially in the eastern waters of Hoenn. You could (iirc) find a wide range of levels of Tentacool, even Lv 5, so it was really hard to train over there. Wailmer gave a lot of exp but fishing him up was too tedious to even consider. I had to resort to a day of grinding in Mt. Pyre to level my Pokémon for Mossdeep gym.
    I recall discovering it by accident when I accidentally pressed it and found that it cut the grass down xD.

I sort of miss grinding... Though a level boost for some of the wild Pokemon wouldn't hurt (I checked Bulbapedia and found that you're right they did go as low as lv 5. I didn't encounter much of those myself in SE though...)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I sort of miss grinding...

80% of type effectiveness, move power stats, defence-to-attack stat ratio and predicting possible damage with an attack to another Pokémon a gamer learns by grinding. Fact.

Of course, in the newer games the 'wild Pokémon appeared!' animation just gets longer, so I believe that's another small reason contributing to grinding. Although I can't wait to see how the dynamic BGs would look around Fallarbor or in the very tall grass near Fortree, just hoping they don't just add to the length of it. Would save a lot of grief.

Years
    80% of type effectiveness, move power stats, defence-to-attack stat ratio and predicting possible damage with an attack to another Pokémon a gamer learns by grinding. Fact.

Of course, in the newer games the 'wild Pokémon appeared!' animation just gets longer, so I believe that's another small reason contributing to grinding. Although I can't wait to see how the dynamic BGs would look around Fallarbor or in the very tall grass near Fortree, just hoping they don't just add to the length of it. Would save a lot of grief.

For me it felt a little shorter in XY compared to Gen V's wild appearance. But they are quite long...maybe shorten them to make it easier on a person without repels xD.

I imagine they'll make the grass look taller, but not sure if they'll increase the area (proportionally) the grass covers. Maybe they will...
    Speaking of grass, I wonder if they'll add in the grasses introduced in Gen V and XY.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Tbh, I don't know any other place that the grass introduced in Gen V and XY fit into any other route except Route 119 and 120. Imo, I hope they don't return them in ORAS. Maybe if they can just add the shaking grass I guess.

Years

Oh god I hate those routes with the very tall grass, it always feels proportionally "taller than a human" and that always bothers me, and I think I hated the appearance of the grass with every new generation. I'm kinda worried they'll make it look pretty freaky and that'll definitely lower my enjoyment of the game when I get to that part of the game that's around the 6th badge.

I really do hope, that in 7th Gen they ditch these sorts of routes. I always thought the purpose of the "very tall grass" was to block bicycles yet in XY bicycles can now ride through it. Very stupid idea there Game Freak.

Years
    I like the Route with the trainers hidden in the grass, idk it just feels very nature-y.

Basically this, haha. I liked them too, fit right in to Hoenn's tropical climate and made it seem like the player was adventuring through a vast jungle, slicing through grass and fighting away wild Pokemon to get to the next town. I personally hope they continue having routes like that in Pokemon d: As for ORAS, I can't wait to see what it'll look like with the new graphics.

Years
    Oh god I hate those routes with the very tall grass, it always feels proportionally "taller than a human" and that always bothers me, and I think I hated the appearance of the grass with every new generation. I'm kinda worried they'll make it look pretty freaky and that'll definitely lower my enjoyment of the game when I get to that part of the game that's around the 6th badge.

I really do hope, that in 7th Gen they ditch these sorts of routes. I always thought the purpose of the "very tall grass" was to block bicycles yet in XY bicycles can now ride through it. Very stupid idea there Game Freak.

Well that grass seems to be based off of tall grasses in real life, such as those found in some reserves in midwestern America and in other places. According to one of my teachers that grass really is taller than a human...considering the player is a child it'll be even worse.

I hope they bring back that Prairie like biome back in future games too. It's kind of sad that most don't seem to know that such tall grasses do exist in real life, so maybe by having them in the games people will start to wonder if they exist.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Oh gosh, wonder what it's going to be like navigating through the fields of super tall grass, since we don't have a super top-down view anymore but one that is closer to the trainer. Or maybe they could move the camera upwards.

Years
    Oh gosh, wonder what it's going to be like navigating through the fields of super tall grass, since we don't have a super top-down view anymore but one that is closer to the trainer. Or maybe they could move the camera upwards.

Maybe the camera will switch to a super top-down view when passing by the grass? In XY it was easier to see as there were spots without tall grass, but in Hoenn all the tall grass was heavily concentrated into one area. That or we'll get a first person perspective of going across the grass...sounds like it'll be scary but fun.

Years
    I would actually like them to play with the camera angles a bit more, it adds a lot to the feel of the game play. It was one of the main reasons I thought X and Y were so superior to Unova and Sinnoh's games, and it would improve Hoenn a lot aesthetically. Can't wait to see what Game Freak does with it n__n

Years
    I would actually like them to play with the camera angles a bit more, it adds a lot to the feel of the game play. It was one of the main reasons I thought X and Y were so superior to Unova and Sinnoh's games, and it would improve Hoenn a lot aesthetically. Can't wait to see what Game Freak does with it n__n

I hope the camera is more smooth than it was in the Kalos games, as there were times it would change sharply. Also maybe an option for us to change the camera angle rather than have it be automatic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back