• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR or AS?

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I went out to purchase Y then was aiming for AS but the lady in the shop brought out OR so I ended up with that.

Quite happy with OR actually as I like Groudon quite a bit.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I own both, I got back into pokemon because a friend wanted someone to play with. He owned Y and had preordered AS.
    So I bought X and preordered OR.
    Recently I decided I wanted to replay the games, but I have a live dex on X and I use OR for breeding, so decided to go buy Y and AS so I can replay the games

Years
  • I got both versions, but Alpha Sapphire had the exclusives I liked better (and also I always tend to lean towards the "blue" version) so that's the one I play more.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I have both, but I prefer to AS because I like Kyogre/Team Aqua more, and at this point I'm further in the game with it. Though to be honest the games are pretty similar so it doesn't really make a difference which I play, because it's the same experience.

Years
  • I got OR, because I'd gotten Ruby back in the day, and it's only logical to have them match up. Every time I'm on the eShop I debate whether or not to get AS. It'd be nice to play through the story again, but my OR is now my main game, so there's no chance of playing through the story without another game.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I chose Alpha Sapphire since I went with Sapphire originally. I ended up getting Omega Ruby too, but my main game right now is AS.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    I bought AS because all my friends got OR, simple as that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I have purchased both because I wanted both. Good thing since I have two 3DSs and sent a mawile in the other. I love mawiles. They make the best bodyguards ever.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I have one! I don't have a need for the other; my brother has Omega Ruby and I have the original Ruby if I ever wanted to play it. I got Alpha Sapphire and I'm happy with it :)

Champloo

RNG Expert
    Years
  • I always buy both but more often than not one of them ends up being restart play fodder. Which one I pick to be my main game is always random.

Pokemon fan struggles...

Years
  • I bought both because of course I always get both games at some point. Omega Ruby was my main one, but I got a second copy of that so I could play through against Team Magma and Primal Groudon again, and I like its exclusives more.

Froslass

Ice Champion
    Years
  • I got Alpha Sapphire first because I love Team Aqua and Kyogre, their more fun and I love Archie tbh

Years
  • i had played ruby when it first came out, this time i chose AS due to I'm more into water now so it was fun like both but just me lol
    also in X Y i chose Y and wish i had chose X lol

Years
  • I went with Alpha Sapphire since I first played Sapphire. Also having pirates as the enemy team is more interesting than nerdy Team Magma, I think.

Years
  • I bought 3 copies of the game on release day.

One copy of OR and AS for myself, and one copy of AS for my girlfriend (a beginner to pokemon, but she's really enjoying it). I bought both versions for myself because I like having a save file that I never erase. A file that I can return to to acquire post-game pokemon to trade to other games.

As for preferring one version of the game over the other, I have no such preference. I mean...maybe I'd lean towards OR since I went with Ruby way back in the day for GBA. But really, I don't have a preference.

Back