• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Osama Bin Laden, Al-Qaeda mastermind, killed in Pakistan

Years
  • It is great news that he has been killed, however, until I see concreate evidence that he has been killed, I am going to be sceptical about it.
    Dont' ask why, that is just what I am like. I want to see proof before I believe something.​

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Well, geez, waking up to this kind of news is always nice.

I agree with Myzou though..hm..

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Just saw this on the news.

This is brilliant, finally after 10 years. However, I still have a hint of doubt, they did this once before claimed that he was dead and he wasn't. And if he is, what is Al Qaeda's next move?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well at least it isn't the royal wedding.

This won't change anything for the good unfortunately, although I'm sure it is a little boost to everyone in America.

Its quite possible it will ultimately lead to Al-Qaeda trying to exact revenge.

One thing is certain, the conspiracy theorists have another one to go over.

Years
  • I was talking to my boyfriend about this, and I'm not sure what to think or how to feel about this.

"Killing people is bad. To teach you that killing people is bad, we're going to kill you. Not saying the world was a better place with Osama in it -- but it feels a little ironic to celebrate death when this is probably exactly how the Taliban reacted when the World Trade Center went down."

"This is a solemn occasion, on which we can be comforted that we have prevented future tragedies Osama bin Laden might author - but the fact is a man has been killed, and no matter his crimes, that is not a cause for celebration."

I can always count on you for intelligent posts, can't I.
    I can completely understand that everyone is celebrating and happy, because he, apparently, was the mastermind of 'the enemy'. Having him dead does certainly make the road to fighting against terrorism easier, doesn't it? Sadly, I don't think so.​

An eye for an eye only when the eyes converge in anger.

That... that just isn't right. That sounds like the phrase has been bent to accommodate revenge.​

I'm happy that he can no longer hurt anymore people, but it's sad that we had to kill him to end that nightmare.

You see, I disagree. You say 'we had to kill him to end that nightmare' but do you really think it will end?
    Does anyone on here honestly thing that attacks will end? I honestly feel that this death of 'their leader' will just spark more anger, more hate and provoke more attacks.

This is just my opinion of course, but how can killing one person, leader or not, really stop EVERY attack?
    Maybe I am just too sceptical for my own good...​

Arlen

I heart ROBOT
    Years
  • Just saw this on the news.

This is brilliant, finally after 10 years. However, I still have a hint of doubt, they did this once before claimed that he was dead and he wasn't. And if he is, what is Al Qaeda's next move?

In 2002 Iraqi officials and un-named Al-Qaeda members stated that Osama died from a kidney illness.

But to be honest I don't think Osama Bin Laden existed in the first place.

And I'm also gonna post this for all the naughty people who ignored me :O
    After this article spreads on the internet:

snip

After Obama's approval rate in congress is down to nine percent.

After his overall ratings are dropping to near low.

After a scratchy birth certificate is released out of the blue.

And we're also nearing election aren't we?

He comes out and declares Osama is dead and that they've made a huge dint on the War on Terror with another propaganda speech that is identical to Bush's.

Am I the only one?

Last edited by a moderator:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • The way I see it though is that if they had caught him and taken him alive...he'd have probably had his trial and ended with the death penalty anyway (look at Hussain). Not that I agree with killing per say but I can see why people are celebrating this death, and I don't see how him being caught alive would have changed the ultimate outcome.

As for whether this would spark a revenge attack or not - well I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It'd have to go either way, but certainly the death of their leader will hurt them one way or another.

I am also not surprised that within 5 minutes of reading about it across various forums someone linked to the 'America - F yeah!' song. =p

Something about the way they announced his death and all (and mentions of DNA tests, although idk how accurate those claims are) make me think he probably was the real guy @ talks about waiting for proof. But again we'll see if they present any further evidence to the public I guess?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    So, terrorism is over? No.
    Will there be more like him? Sure.
    Will there be retaliation? Of course.

This news might be relieving and whatever for most people, but I wouldn't celebrate the death of a symbolic leader for terrorists. Al-Qaeda forces and Al-Qaeda-inspired organizations will surely want a hand in this matter; retaliation and such.

And 10 years took the US to eliminate their most wanted target, who turned up to be 100 km away from the Pakistani capital. Good job, indeed.

In other news, the Taliban in Pakistan are threatening to attack US bases in Pakistan after the incident.

And Iran took a more bold approach: "After Bin Laden's death, there's no need for foreign forces to remain in Pakistan and Afghanistan".

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Of the multitude of responses that this caused on my Facebook and Twitter pages, these two were my favourites:

Proverbs 24:17-18 Do not rejoice when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice, #osama

AND

One vital step for U.S. intelligence, political morale, and survivors of bin Laden's violence. But also one giant leap into who knows what.

It's with these that I agree 100% with. Although Obama did make a kick-ass speech.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Good riddance, one less sorry piece of trash walking gods green earth is all i can say.

Though im happy, i cant help but think there will be someone to take his place tbh and this will still continue. The heightened terrorism threat because of this (according to the news) is also gonna be constantly there now. :\

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Thank God!

And he died under Obama's rule =3 I hear that his people will want revenge. They won't prosper in Jesus' name. I'm traveling to America in June, they best not attempt anything then xD

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I know a lot of people said that killing him was wrong, but I have to agree with what a person mentioned on the BBC news, if they'd have put him on trial, his followers would have captured people have kept them hostage etc... :\

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
  • I actually didn't believe my friend at first when she told me he was dead but then I turned on the news and I was surprised that it wasn't some just silly rumor she heard off the internet.

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • A Prince got married and a bad guy died...I think Disney's gonna sue.
    Seriously though, he deserved this, it's one less piece of s*** walking on this planet. Good riddance.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I would say that's probably the reason. But what a boring life he must have led - no phone or internet. I'd like to see just one of us go without those luxuries...

It's lonely when you're an evil mastermind...

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2011
    If he had anything of those things he was caught in half of the time that he was.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • If he had anything of those things he was caught in half of the time that he was.

If he was careful enough though, he probably could use either.
    I can just imagine him sitting and staring at a wall all day.
    ._.

Back