• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ouch... that hurts. ><

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • Ignore the title. Please. I haven't taken my meds yet because I'm lazy, and I just woke up. >___>

Anyway, this just popped into my head. I really wanted to ask because I'm curious. When you take of a band-aid, do you usually just rip the thing off quickly? Or do you find it's easier to do it carefully and what not? Are there other ways you do it to prevent from pulling on your hairs? (lol hairs stfu)

For me, I have to do it underwater. I hate taking band-aids off like... I can't put it in me to just rip the thing right off. DX So, I do it in the water instead. I guess it must soak the bandage and make it less sticky or something lol I don't know. But yeah..

What about you guys? :O

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • I just rip it straight off, no questions asked. It's not that painful to me I guess... and every time I try to do it slowly it ends up just prolonging the irritation. Getting water for it would be too inefficient for me to consider... and well, just too much effort in general because I'm lazy.

So yes, just ripping the sucker off is the way to go for me, a quick burst of pain goes away just as quickly after all.

Unless you've been shot... or stabbed... or stung by a bee... or... actually maybe that analogy makes far less sense than I thought.

Years
  • I am not brave enough to just rip it off NOPE.

I'd rather just pull it off slowly and not risk pulling at anything I don't have to.

Or I just wait until I take a shower or something and pull it off after, that works as well.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Pulling off bandaids can be one of the most painful things depending on how sticky they are. I don't shave my legs so if I decided to just rip it off I'd end up taking a good patch of fur along with it. I prefer to just wash it off in the shower. Unless they're the waterproof ones, in which case I'll be shaving once I get it off.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I rip Band-aids straight off because the pain goes away faster than it does when I slowly prise them off. The pain isn't ever that bad since you're not supposed to put them on more severe wounds anyway.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I start to slowly peel them off, get frustrated, and then just rip it off. I always regret it immediately after, but at least it's off, right?

It's extremely painful for me if the band-aid is on one of my legs or something because my legs are hairy. If you're wondering how hairy, one of my friends likes making Cousin It references.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • I don't get it? Like, when I rip it off, it doesn't hurt. At all. And yes, I'm hairy, because waxing my arms/legs during the winter doesn't make sense.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    i used to remove them with baby oil but now i just rip them off. it hurts, but i can endure.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • There's just no way I'm ripping that thing off quickly, lol. I usually do it nice and slowly, and I've never had any problems doing it that way. ^^

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • This totally reminded me of that scene from Blades of Glory where Jimmy Macelroy got disowned on the side of the road.

Getting disowned is like a band-aid. Just rip it off.

As for the topic I honestly prefer moving at a medium pace, considering my hairs. I deal with the pain 8)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Heh, well, these things never stay on long enough anyway. I leave them on until they come loose enough.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Slow peel most of the time, but it depends on the wound. That or it because lose in the shower or something.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Slow peel most of the time, but it depends on the wound. That or it because lose in the shower or something.

Morning Sun Espeon

Time to shine ★
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    I peel it off extra slow. I can't stand the glue residue on my skin either...the sting is so annoying

Years
  • I peel them off slowly. But there's this time that I tried peeling it fast, oh gosh, it hurts!

Years
  • I usually go slowly because I have sensitive skin and I can feel pain easily, or for a safer route I'd just weaken it in the shower or something first. For me, better to be safe than sorry.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • My skins is really sensitive so i remove them when i take a bath. The water makes the glue wet then i remove it slowly without feeling the pain. :3

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I prefer to pull it off slowly. I prefer dealing with minor irritation than having to deal with a big amount of pain in a single moment. If possible, I prefer to remove it during my shower where it'll be painless.

Back