• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Past and future Donphan (?) forms revealed

Years
  • The latest trailer didn't show us much, but we did get to see a glimpse of what looks like past and future Donphan forms, though they could be new Pokémon as well.

Spoiler:

What do you think of these two?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I'm just surprised that a random mon ended up having two forms… and even more surprised we both made threads discussing the same thing and posted around the same time.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • If these are the rumoured "Paradox" forms or "Paradox Pokémon", I'm honestly more interested in their lore than in their designs this time. I don't exactly like time travel stuff so I do hope there's some sort of curveball as to how they came to be.

The past version does look like it could plausibly be a primitive form of Donphan, but the future one looks moreso like a robotic recreation of it. I have to say though, I've seen a fair amount of flak thrown at the future form and I don't think it deserves that. Sure, the past form is mighty, but the future recreation just looks so fun! Just like Miraidon, it has LED eyes as well and I'm living for that. Gosh, I wish they'd saved both Miraidon and MechaDonphan for a game set in the far future so they'd be common Pokémon instead of Legendaries... ;_;

Years
  • I have to say though, I've seen a fair amount of flak thrown at the future form and I don't think it deserves that. Sure, the past form is mighty, but the future recreation just looks so fun! Just like Miraidon, it has LED eyes as well and I'm living for that.

wait what?? the future form looks cool af how is it getting flak

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Out of the two, I like Past a lot more. Then again, I think I will probably like all of the Past Forms better, as I prefer Ancient/Past stuff to future stuff. Scarlet has been my main choice, but I started to go toward Violet, but now I am not sure. If this is was we can expect from these Paradox Pokemon, I hear Scarlet calling my name once again.

However, given the pool that was leaked, Violet still has better pokemon. So I hope they all aren't robotic looking. Because I'm just not a fan of the future one at all. I always choose a game based on pokemon. So I guess we will see.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • wait what?? the future form looks cool af how is it getting flak

Reddit, that's how. Most subreddits I have checked hate it and believe all the Future forms will suck based on this one alone.

Their loss. I've been begging for proper robot Mons for AGES now. If this one is the template all Future forms are gonna follow, I'm even more firm in my resolve to get Violet over Scarlet.

Years
  • There isn't enough there to form on opinion on them for me.
    Though the supposed 'future Donphan' has a face that makes it look like a completely separate mon to me.

Years
  • I like both forms. However, I do prefer the past form at the moment.
    I really liked the descriptions that came with them on the Scarlet & Violet website. Very tough sounding and scary!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Likes the Past Donphan form. Might catch one of these to use. Looks quite fierce. Wonders how it differs from normal Donphan. Ground/Fighting, maybe? Doubts a base stat total change (currently at 500). Perhaps less Defense and more Attack/Speed?

Years
  • Reddit, that's how. Most subreddits I have checked hate it and believe all the Future forms will suck based on this one alone.

Their loss. I've been begging for proper robot Mons for AGES now. If this one is the template all Future forms are gonna follow, I'm even more firm in my resolve to get Violet over Scarlet.

Of course. I am not even surprised... I like both forms and think they'll be awesome to see in the game.

Years
  • I think Past Donphan looks cooler. It looks more like Donphan. But I'm interested in Future Donphan's lore. Why is there mecha version of it? Did original Donphan go extict? I'm slowly warming to the idea of using mecha Pokémon on my team.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I don't think I've seen Donphan since generation 4 to be honest. I'm not saying that it wasn't in any other game, but I don't recall coming across one in any other game after that. In fact, the only time I ever used it was in the game Pokémon Stadium 2 where it was featured in a fun little racing mini-game. Yet, despite that, it somehow randomly returns and obtains a regional variant? Interesting. I am not excited about this, as I still believe that Pokémon having regional variants is one of the worst things to ever happen in the franchise. Sure, it sounds good from a theoretical standpoint because animals have regional variants as well in real life, but not from a practical standpoint because a lot of the designs are lazy and dumb. All the space wasted on regional variants could be used to bring back every Pokémon. I also can barely view the design because the pictures are way too close.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I think these "forms" are considered separate Pokemon/new Pokemon even though they're "forms" of Donphan. Honestly, it's a cool concept, but I really don't like Iron Treads, its looks kind of creepy, to be honest...

Back