• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • I never did my homework in high school anyways, i didnt feel like doing it and i had better things to do

That's exactly the same way with me. I felt like once I got home, there were better things to do. I just hardly ever did it. My teachers wouldn't get off my back though, and I ended up being forced to take study hall at the end of the day. It sucked because I was so distracted by everything that I couldn't work. The stupid teacher didn't allow us to have music to do our work in study hall. :|

Years
  • Oh my gosh, now you peeps are scaring me about the amount of homework I'll receive once I get into college Dx

Unless you're at somewhere like John's Hopkins, you should be able to deal with the workload. Different story if you're working, either part-time or full-time, though.

Years
  • Unless you're at somewhere like John's Hopkins, you should be able to deal with the workload. Different story if you're working, either part-time or full-time, though.
    Yeah, chances are I will have a part-time job while in school, since I'm not going into college with any funding at all. :/

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Oh, jeez, best of luck to you then, man.
    When things get hectic try to take a moment to decompress.
    Stress can do a lot of damage, you know. . .

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Oh my gosh, now you peeps are scaring me about the amount of homework I'll receive once I get into college Dx
    Assuming you're taking at least CP level courses or above, the workload in most college classes isn't any different. There are a few that are much harder, but from my experience, I've found myself to be pretty prepared for the workload. In fact, the honor classes I took in high school (granted, I only had two - History and English) put my college courses to shame in terms of difficulty.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In high school, I used to do some of my homework during classes and lunchtime, but I never did them at home. If I couldn't get a homework done, then I would just copy it off of my friends the next morning when I got to see them at the cafeteria. xD" I used to share my work with them, too, so it was all fair. We used to get into trouble for copying each other, but only on rare occasion.

Years
  • Copying friend's homework is never a good idea, especially in college. If you get caught, it'll go on your permanent record as cheating and you fail the course, basically.

Sirfetch’d

I used to copy homework back in high school because well....I was lazy sometimes. Now though, I would never do such a thing. The risk of getting caught and kicked out of college just isn't worth it. I'd rather take a 0 on an assignment that I couldn't complete.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • I used to copy homework back in high school because well....I was lazy sometimes. Now though, I would never do such a thing. The risk of getting caught and kicked out of college just isn't worth it. I'd rather take a 0 on an assignment that I couldn't complete.

I never copied my homework. It was never in me to be that kind of person. To be honest, I never really had friends who actually allowed me to copy, and even if they did let me, I'm sure I'd still refuse to do it.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think the last time I copied someone's homework was when I was like 9 years old, since getting caught out I got it drummed into me that I had to do it myself rather than use somebody else's work.. ;;

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • The only year I copied homework from other people was back in junior year when I attended school in Mexico. People would sell me their homework for 10 pesos (= $1 dollar) which contained all the answers neat and accurate, and the teachers wouldn't notice a thing! xD

Sirfetch’d

Luckily I had a nice friend that let me copy hers for free, but I kinda regret taking advantage of that. If I could change things, I never would have copied her homework because it made me really lazy when I knew that I would never have to do it on my own.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • I really have no idea how that feels. I'm kind of glad I didn't do it though because I could never live with myself if I did. It would probably end up being one of those things that actually scar me.

Years
  • If I hadn't discovered the internet like how I use it today, I probably could have very well been a successful student in school.. I was at least fortunate enough to get to graduate as a National Honor Society student, though, and that made me feel better for myself, despite not having fully above-average grades in high school for most of my career.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Most of my teachers didn't really care if we copied or not. xD" They did give us punishment for it, but it wasn't that big of a deal.

Internet was one of the things that kept me away from studying when I was in high school, so I used to get low grades in most of my tests. Nowadays, it's not really the same, since I learned to control myself and keep me away from the internet when necessary.

Years
  • Homework isn't that bad. It's doable, if you put your time down to do it. You could manage 22 hours a week with a part-time job at the same time. I stopped doing that since I was getting lazy though XD.

When you're in university, there's nothing better to do than homework. Fall behind and crawling back will become very very difficult. Knowledge tends to build on prior knowledge, and you need to build a sufficient "learning concentration" as I call it - it's kind of like exercise, you have your pre-workout nutrition, warm up, go through with your workout, cool down, have some post-workout nutrition, and rest - coordinating your different phases of learning will help you absorb the information and concepts in greater detail and more efficiently. Like the Pokemon professors say, "there's a time and place for everything." I find when I "relearn" material I never really paid attention to when it was taught - ie, learning something for the first time a week before an exam - I'll probably have to listen to that lecture recording 2 to 3 times to gain that 70% of the information that any average joe blow can do - and that is a real waste of time.

The library's a good resource as you can review information presented in lecture as it's still fresh in your mind - it'll be probably where hopefully most of the connections you make settle down. Be careful not to dick around though - like going on PC for example - or watch your hours drain away.

I debate taking notes with myself. I think you have to be prepared to take notes, like reviewing the material before hand figuring out what sounds important, for taking the notes to work - otherwise I end up jotting down random disconnected pieces of information that in addition to being low quality also distracts me from listening to what the lecturer is saying.

Hopefully this'll convince anyone that homework is worth the time in university. This also convinces me to sit myself down read and finish reading a paper about Brazil's experience with regionalism, and think about how to apply the same approach to writing a section on Mexico's relationship to East Asia, and how regionalism affects that behaviour as well. Good day to you sirs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back