• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC pet peeves

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • I have several of them on the list:
    - When I was about to start the conversation, to be ended up with no reply even though I waited for days and weeks, sometimes this makes me wonder if I was ignored :(
    - Being unable to see some of the images here (emblems, signatures, or even part of the section header). It's actually my net's problem because it's blocking it, but it's still disturbing because it affects in here too.
    - Unintentionally making double posts due to the lag in the forum's part. It happens quite often if the thread have numerous posts in it.
    - Excessive cussing. I do mind if I see these words too much, sorry about that.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • - Being unable to see some of the images here (emblems, signatures, or even part of the section header). It's actually my net's problem because it's blocking it, but it's still disturbing because it affects in here too.

Don't you just love our government's programs? This is why I use proxy. At least, whenever I'm at home.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • A lot of people are saying they dislike people kissing staff ass and I'mma just say one thing about that. If you're going to kiss my ass, do it cause you like my ass, not because I'm orange on a Pokemon forum. Yes, my actual ass.

Years
  • People that nitpick minuscule or irrelevant details about the forum/rules and go out of their way to look for reasons to complain, thus fulfilling thier self-fulfilling prophecy.

Years
  • A lot of people are saying they dislike people kissing staff ass and I'mma just say one thing about that. If you're going to kiss my ass, do it cause you like my ass, not because I'm orange on a Pokemon forum. Yes, my actual ass.

Cue "Sydian's Ass Fanclub" in the club section.

Anyway, off topic posts that aren't even in response to something another person's comment drive me mad. You're not responding to a topic, you're not responding to a person do what are you doing?

Adbots are evil.

It drives me mental when people don't reply to messages. If I'm asking you for a favour and you don't want to do it, reply and say no. If I'm doing something as a GM, I'd like to know if you got my message and that you're listening to what I say. If you don't want to talk to me, don't just ignore me TELL ME. Then ignore me.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I have this pet peeve whenever people take DCC's titles of any forum too literally as a topic title haha.

Then again, newbies won't know what a DCC is immediately, but still...

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    My pet peeve is when people automatically judge people based off of a.) the grammar/style of their posts b.) the "style" of their signature and c.) avatar choice. Like, seriously, who the **** cares?

The user that comes to mind in which for me personally proves all of this wrong is maccrash. Sure he doesn't capitalize words from time to time that should be capitalized and he doesn't flash around a fancy signature, but he is by far one of the most interesting people I've met on PC. I'm sure he's been judged by users because of those reasons though, which is a shame considering they are missing out on conversing with such a jerk awesome guy.
    One of my pet peeves is people using incorrect grammar and punctuation consistently throughout their post, especially if they've typed a long post. That said, I don't judge people by their writing skills, but I'm more likely to take you seriously if you have typed correctly, because incorrect grammar/punctuation not only is difficult to read, but it seems especially bad if someone is typing something that they should know or is obvious like writing "There favourite Pokémon", instead of "Their favourite Pokémon". This applies to everywhere though, not just PokéCommunity.

Also people using internet slang like "u", "ur" or "r" instead of "you", "your/you're" or "are" respectively in forum posts when there is no reason to - there is no rush in typing your post if it's not urgent. This also applies everywhere as well (outside of instant messaging of course).

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    This is the definition of judging someone on their writing skills.
    Actually, I guess it's true then xD. But what I meant to say was more that I don't judge whether a person is a good person by their writing skills.

But seriously, generally if English is your first language and you don't know basic grammar (I can obviously get by a few mistakes), then how can the point you're putting in your post be taken as seriously as it would when it's written correctly?

Though, elaborating on one's point and actually having a good point get's priority over having good grammar, so if someone has a good point but bad grammar I will still take the point seriously.

Nakala Pri

I guess when people take other people too seriously. >:c For example:

'LOL yo mama is lame.'

"OMG THAT IS SO INSENSITIVE HOW DO YOU EVEN KNOW HIS MAMA YOU #@$!^&!* !%$#^*!!!!!"

'Calm down. -__-'

"DON'T EVEN SPEAK TO ME!" *reports post and get's them banned*

Yeah, I used to see that on lots of forums and sometimes I see serious people taking lighthearted childish-ness way too seriously. xD

Nothing else really gets under my skin here, it's all pretty mellow, yeah. :D

UPDATE

If someone sucks up to a moderator, slam bam in a can, infraction free and you're allowed to do whatever the flippin' heck you want.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Let's see...
    When members post about certain topics in the wrong forum. You know, like talking about competitive battling in Pokémon Gaming Central.
    People that say it's rude or offensive that I think certain types of music don't have to be taken seriously. Really, can I just enjoy whatever music I want to whether or not it's intended to be meaningful?
    People that deliberately ignore my messages. Now, oftentimes I can understand why someone doesn't respond because they may be busy or not have anything else to say, but I can tell when someone's being a jerk.

Can't really think of any more right now...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    When someone resigns from staff and everybody and their grandmother have to make the comment "you're not <color> anymore."

HxgOwK6.png

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • My turn!

Most of my peeves have already been mentioned, but one of my big ones as of late are the blog entries. There's just so many to the point I feel certain blogs are pushed to the next page because of an tsunami of new ones. I'd really like to see some of them stew for a bit. That's just me. :)

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • - Gen wars going around at the Pokemon game subforums in terms of who had the best story, best overworld, and best difficulty
    - No acknowledgements of actual gaming news like #GamerGate and Sony's finiancial failures at the Video Game forum as if PC is completely isolated to the rest of the other websites
    - Nobody here on PC seem to acknowledge popular caustic critics and other web celebrities such Nostalgia Critic, RedLetterMedia, JonTron, etc. and take their opinions as gospel (since they're much more reliable than actual movie/game critics)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    - No acknowledgements of actual gaming news like #GamerGate and Sony's finiancial failures at the Video Game forum as if PC is completely isolated to the rest of the other websites
    You could always, ya know, start up those topics yourself if it seems no one else will.

Back