• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC pet peeves

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I used to have a lot. But nowadays, my peeves are limited to these few:

A lot of people here get very offended very quickly when someone says something critically bad about PC. If you don't have a positive thing to say about something, there are a few people who will be up and arms. So you better be prepared to deal with them coming after you for dare saying something like that. I recommend rolling your eyes and showing what they have to say to a PC friend, laughing in the meantime because they're so stupid.

People here are way too happy go lucky best pals let's walk into the sunset and be perfect human beings not admitting to any of our negative thoughts or emotions ever and pretend they don't exist as far as our time is concerned on this forum. Nobody judges. Nobody poops. Nobody cares what anybody looks like on the outside; it's all on the inside that counts. Nobody has anything bad to say about anyone else. Of course this is an exaggeration, but this is the general feel of the community when we're in threads and questions that address these things are asked when we all know that it's mostly lies from these people because psychology says otherwise.

Staff are seen as some form of celebrity more-so than staff. Its interesting, even in that one blog thing that Dipu started asking a few questions. He tagged some people, and from that point, nearly everyone tagged staff members. There were a few (I think I remember there being four or five) regular members who were tagged, but for the most part it was kept entirely between the staff. I think that's just an example of how staff-centric this place can be.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Oh some more pet peeves of mine in PC:

1. When people write with annoying fonts and colors. Keep the reply in the default text or I won't read it.

2. When people give you a 0/10 rating on a video or song because the video is not available in their country. Just wait for someone else to rate it and then come back. It's not so hard to be patient and give that user a proper rating from someone else rather than just a "hur dur 0/10 can't watch." >.>

3. When people complain about receiving notifications from edited replies with quotes. Just "x" out the notification at the top and call it a day. It only takes like 2-3 seconds of your time to do it. :P

Years
    Staff are seen as some form of celebrity more-so than staff. Its interesting, even in that one blog thing that Dipu started asking a few questions. He tagged some people, and from that point, nearly everyone tagged staff members. There were a few (I think I remember there being four or five) regular members who were tagged, but for the most part it was kept entirely between the staff. I think that's just an example of how staff-centric this place can be.

You definitely have a good point there, dude. I remember being one of the very few non-staffers (there were a few regular members tagged, but most non-staffers involved were usually supporters) tagged in that blog of Dipu's and I was actually quite surprised at the sheer number of staffers who were tagged, which I didn't even notice until your post here.

Most people seem to look up to staff members a lot and I can see how annoying it can be towards some people, like what Zekrom said in his post about "kissing me because I have a bold blue name". I know how often a staff member gets looked up to, however on occasions some have been looking up to me even though I'm just italic.

I don't know how I exactly became PC Famous, but I think it got more evident after my supportership was acquired two years ago. I also became a more detailed poster and changed a lot of users' opinions towards me. I know that when I was still a noob I was usually looked up for the wrong reasons, but these days that has definitely all but faded.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Oops, I forgot about that. But oh yes, I neglected this one. The staff-centric nature of this forum is bonkers at times.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    My biggest PC pet peeve is that for half of my time online, everybody in America is sleeping and thus the forum is quite a ghost town. That's the only thing that I can think of at this present moment in time.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I almost forgot. Usernames changing. It's great username changes are back and have been back for like...a year now, but UGH we're back to that old struggle of not knowing who is who when someone changes for the umpteenth time. lol This is pretty minor peeve since obviously I can't make people keep their names the same forever, but still, it throws you for a loop. :(

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    - When people rate your sig low because they don't know what your pics and stuff are from...that's a dumb reason lol
    - When people have avatars that they got off Google and didn't resize so they stretch out and look bad like I want to help you people that do this lol
    - When people use this font for all their posts
    - When Klippy isn't online for me to pester :((((((((((((

I agree with all of these but.

- When people use this font for all their posts

PC pet peeves

C'mon now, you know that Comic Sans is the best font ever. Finally had a chance to use that gif.

But I don't really have much, one of mine is the annoying double post glitch we have. Maybe it's for certain styles cause I'm using Color Flattered ORAS and every now and then I'll make a post and it takes ages to load the post and then ends up posting twice. It happens alot in Forum Games it seems and it's annoying to have to always delete a post.I'm hoping you high staff people are working on a fix for that.

I hate when there's an open-ended discussion and someone makes a short simple answer that's like 6 words long. You could at least expand on that answer by maybe explaining it a bit or add more details. Don't be like "My favorite flowers are carnations" and leave. Explain why you love carnations so much. Talk about how they smell or maybe an experience when you were younger and saw how pretty carnations were or how someone gave you a carnation and made you really happy. give us some details we can possibly talk more.

When people use a bright text color like yellow or white or wheat or lemon or silver or light grey or light blue . Or a neon color like cyan , magenta or lime. It's either hard to read, especially on a light colored style, or very painful on the eyes and I don't like having to highlight your text whenever I want to read what you said.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    I wish people woulds stop playing the unnecessary card. Like, sometimes I see people suggest something, and hordes of people think its 'unnecessary', and.. that's it. It's the lamest argument ever - it may be unnecessary, but come on, from that logic, a lot of things here are unnecessary, you know?

Also, a pet peeve on TWL, people would mini-mod, but would tell them the wrong info. Ugh. XD

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Oh! Another pet peeve of mine is when people tell other people how to post.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    My pet peeve is when people automatically judge people based off of a.) the grammar/style of their posts b.) the "style" of their signature and c.) avatar choice. Like, seriously, who the **** cares?

The user that comes to mind in which for me personally proves all of this wrong is maccrash. Sure he doesn't capitalize words from time to time that should be capitalized and he doesn't flash around a fancy signature, but he is by far one of the most interesting people I've met on PC. I'm sure he's been judged by users because of those reasons though, which is a shame considering they are missing out on conversing with such a jerk awesome guy.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    My pet peeve is when people automatically judge people based off of a.) the grammar/style of their posts b.) the "style" of their signature and c.) avatar choice. Like, seriously, who the **** cares?

The only time I judge people is when they use text talk on forum posts, but you don't see that much around here.

But hey, even if I don't judge people by their grammar, it still annoys me. Well capitalization is important, but I pay more attention to the structure anyway. :v

Hmmm... I think I have another one: When Claim threads are never updated.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    When I watch some members takes this forum super srsly. I see it usually in the people who suck up to higher staff and then a few people in staff seem to have pc wedged deep up their ass.

Also have to agree with Patchisou about a lot of members being sensitive, but not just about pc. Pretty much anything that might offend someone usually does and they are oh so upset.

Another thing that annoys me are members who have an elitist attitude. They type out their responses as if they're writing a ****ing legal document. Not sure if that's just their style or they want to be as pretentious as possible. These are usually the same members who give me the "their **** don't stank" vibe. It's a nice eye roll and laugh fest for a little, but after a while, my god like are you comprehending the site at which you're typing this crap up onto.

Not really a pet peeve, but the blogs are so bad as of late. You'd think since they lowered the amount of posts you need to make a blog they would be better but no why would that ever happen here???

idk maybe I just don't take pc seriously enough? but why would I take anything here seriously? It's a Pokemon forum where we mostly talk about Pokemon with a couple off topic fun sections and then one serious topic section. So I guess I'm just baffled by most people here.

Years
    Mini-modding.

Sure, it's nice to lend a hand to the moderators and h-staff every now and then; however, what mini-modding actually does is make a member feel more down about their actions and possibly scare them away from the forum, which I have seen happen on other forums.

Also, with someone mini-modding, it wouldn't capture the staff members' attentions as fast using the report feature, since we do get a notification for whenever there's a report in our section(s). I will confess as a moderator that sometimes I overlook threads in my section, and if something goes unreported, I won't notice it at all; this applies with mini-modding: if a member doesn't report it, but instead chooses to mini-mod, the actual moderator may not see the rule being broken.

Finally, I think that it's not a regular member's duty to outright point out if another member is breaking a rule. Examples like "this in the wrong section," "lol this threads gon be l0ck3d," or even "I'll get a moderator to move this to the proper section. It doesn't belong here." (which does sound polite) all seem pointless and redundant if you ask me. It's essentially a +1 to a user's post count, and also disruptive of the flow of the topic. The Report button does exist for a reason after all, and it lets us as staff members know if something needs to be looked at by us.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    • Licking mods' asses for obvious reasons. - **** anyone who does this.
    • People who are too friendly. - This is never good. Personal experience 'n all.
    • People who ask/send me stuff and never reply back when they are expected to. - You're just making yourselves look bad in my eyes, that's all.
    • People who try too hard to sound intelligent. - Seriously, no one thinks you're edgy 'n ****.
    • Writing a ****ing essay every time they respond to a thread, no matter what the topic is. - You're trying too hard, and you get nothing in return. Congratu-****ing-lations!
    • Posting the same threads over and over. - Good job at being original.
    • People who get butthurt easily. - Ah, how I love those.
    • People who feel like they need to customize their posts with difficult fonts and bright ass colours.
    • People who cannot type properly. - I never take them seriously. Same goes for the group of people I mentioned above.

& so on.

Years

The user that comes to mind in which for me personally proves all of this wrong is maccrash. Sure he doesn't capitalize words from time to time that should be capitalized and he doesn't flash around a fancy signature, but he is by far one of the most interesting people I've met on PC. I'm sure he's been judged by users because of those reasons though, which is a shame considering they are missing out on conversing with such a jerk awesome guy.

maccrash if you are reading this you're awesome okay :3

But yes, I know how you feel about judgement based off avatars/sigs/posting style, because there have usually been times in the past where some people mistook me for a male because of my avatar/sig choices but they need to see we all have opinions.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    • People who ask/send me stuff and never reply back when they are expected to. - You're just making yourselves look bad in my eyes, that's all.

& so on.

I definitely apologize for not replying to messages often enough, but you also got to remember not everyone is on PC 24/7 and some people only visit every few days or weeks. Or some people may just not be in a mood to look at PC , let alone reply to people.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    I definitely apologize for not replying to messages often enough, but you also got to remember not everyone is on PC 24/7 and some people only visit every few days or weeks. Or some people may just not be in a mood to look at PC , let alone reply to people.
    I am aware of that, as PC is also not my top priority, but I find it rude when people would reply to others, but not to me.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I am aware of that, as PC is also not my top priority, but I find it rude when people would reply to others, but not to me.

i try very hard not to do this but sometimes ill miss a vm (rarely now that i get less than ten a day lol) or like. my habit is to open vms in new tabs as soon as i get them and sometimes i get distracted or confused bc i have a bunch of pc tabs open. or i just dont know what to say and intentionally set the tab aside for later and then forget or take a while to reply so like. sorry guys lol vm me again if its been a few days i just suck

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    People who curse too much. I curse a lot but what the ****ing ****** **** ***** calm the **** down. (yes, that was on purpose and an exaggeration)

Anime signatures and avatars. Not really sure why it bothers me, it just does.

Extremely edgy user titles. Example:
    It's dark, but look at the stars

The Dark Rising loving part of the ROM hacking section.

People in the ROM hacking section that make a thread for every single damn question they have when there is a quick questions thread and the answer is easily found in Google.

Some people's writing style.. Not grammar, or anything like that, but I don't wanna go into it since I don't wanna offend anyone.

Pokecommunity's "slogan."

Aside from the obvious mini modding and stuff, I guess that's it.

Back