• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Peripherals

Years
  • Do you use any external peripherals in your gaming devices? If so, which ones? Which have you used in the past?

Does plugging in controllers into a PC count?

Either way, I use an arcade stick a lot for my fighting games, that's really it in terms of external peripherals.

(Also IDK if it's intentional but your usertitle seems to be missing a space in it)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Not really at the moment, but my boyfriend and I have been entertaining the idea of getting an Oculus Quest because he works with those and he says they're pretty cool. I haven't done anything VR before so I am kind of excited to try it.

In the past, I think most recently would be the Xbox 360 Kinect, I actually had a lot of fun dancing on that, and there have been other motion sensor games I really enjoyed with friends and family. My current set up in my room does not really allow for a lot of room to flail and dance without moving furniture, which was ultimately always the issue with the Kinect - even in the living room we'd have to move at least the coffee table to have the space for it to work.

And even older than that are some ancient relics for the Game Boys/GBA - I think I had like a printer, and before the backlit SP I had a literal little flashlight you could plug in that's just like:

Peripherals

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Not really at the moment, but my boyfriend and I have been entertaining the idea of getting an Oculus Quest because he works with those and he says they're pretty cool. I haven't done anything VR before so I am kind of excited to try it.

In the past, I think most recently would be the Xbox 360 Kinect, I actually had a lot of fun dancing on that, and there have been other motion sensor games I really enjoyed with friends and family. My current set up in my room does not really allow for a lot of room to flail and dance without moving furniture, which was ultimately always the issue with the Kinect - even in the living room we'd have to move at least the coffee table to have the space for it to work.

And even older than that are some ancient relics for the Game Boys/GBA - I think I had like a printer, and before the backlit SP I had a literal little flashlight you could plug in that's just like:

Peripherals

Stretch for the Index if you can! It's more expensive but just about everything is much better, including build quality!

To answer the question, I have a few xbox one controllers and a PS4 dualshock.

I have a Ducky YOTD keyboard and a Razer Deathadder mouse.

I bought myself a nice little vintage looking speaker bar cause sometimes I don't want to wear headphones. The headphones are Razer Thresher Ultimate X1 edition (wireless).

I have a Samsung Odyssey VR set that I will be selling to buy my Valve Index, too!

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I played a lot of Flight Sim's back in the day so a Joystick was mandatory. I spent hours on X-Wing, FA-18 Hornet(like one of the first one's ever made...) and other Flight Sim's like Tie Fighter. Only other peripheral I've used is a headset because it helps me communicate and block out surroundings(which is both good and bad lmao).

Here's the Hornet game in question(see spoiler and ignore commentary):
    Spoiler:

You could play every single mission in that game along with w/e aircraft you wanted if it was available in that mission(like a B-52).

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I can't say I use these much anymore since the majority of my gaming now happens on the Switch. I can and will try to shoehorn a Game Cube controller into anything though!

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I got the Pro Controller for my Switch.

Also for gaming on PC, I have a Zowie mouse and mechanical keyboards.

Years
  • Aside from owning like three Pro Controllers for my Switch (I like the Pro Controller ok) I don't believe I have much in the way of other gaming peripherals.

Back