• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pet peeves/little annoyances

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This has surely been made at some point but here it is again. What are some pet peeves you have?

It's tiring with how everything is locked behind a subscription service. I'll be halfway through an article on a website, and suddenly it blurs out telling me to "Pay a fee to continue". I don't want to pay your free. I'll just find one of the other thousands of news websites and never click this one again. Or I'll be doing chess puzzles and it'll say "You've hit your limit. you can continue with a premium membership". It's also irritating when a youtube creator is locking videos behind a paywall. As a casual consumer who may just be checking out the channel for the first time, they effectively alienate that part of the audience.

The worst is when I signed up for a class, textbooks and the credit hour fee equaled above $1,000. We were linked to a website that we would be accessing the homework on. But that was also another $100 fee for a membership to the homework website. (And you had to pay separately for each class. So if another class had that website for homework, it's another $100).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • this is specifically tied to my job bc i was thinking about it recently but i hate when people complain about the supplies we have. ppe is still not easy to get a hold of and we have some off brand stuff that isn't as good and everyone gripes about it, or they complain that the wipes are in a canister and not individually wrapped bc that makes it easier and it's like...what do you want me to do...this is just what they send for ppe and then the wipes like ???? i can't use the company money for boxes of individual wipes for $15 a piece compared to the canisters for $8 each... and then everyone complains about the gloves and will be like "we don't have ANY other ones???" like!!! do you SEE the other gloves on the shelf??? obviously we do not have them!

don't get me wrong i appreciate our clinicians they are doing god's work etc but it gets really annoying when they complain about supplies that is given to them at no extra charge esp during a pandemic. i do what i can when stuff is available online but most of what we order is still on allocation and i can only get so much at a time.

Years
  • This has surely been made at some point but here it is again. What are some pet peeves you have?

It's tiring with how everything is locked behind a subscription service. I'll be halfway through an article on a website, and suddenly it blurs out telling me to "Pay a fee to continue". I don't want to pay your free. I'll just find one of the other thousands of news websites and never click this one again. Or I'll be doing chess puzzles and it'll say "You've hit your limit. you can continue with a premium membership". It's also irritating when a youtube creator is locking videos behind a paywall. As a casual consumer who may just be checking out the channel for the first time, they effectively alienate that part of the audience.

The worst is when I signed up for a class, textbooks and the credit hour fee equaled above $1,000. We were linked to a website that we would be accessing the homework on. But that was also another $100 fee for a membership to the homework website. (And you had to pay separately for each class. So if another class had that website for homework, it's another $100).

see this is why i p*rate a lot. i don't wanna give my hard earned money to needlessly greedy companies. doesn't mean i won't pay for anything tho, just things that i believe deserves my money better.

let's see.. pet peeves...

• people blasting their music instead of using earphones in public transport. no i don't wanna listen to your music in this 35 minute commute Sheryl.
    • people who don't at least arrange their table clutter when leaving restaurants
    • when someone's running late and i message them "where are you?" then they reply "omw" or "almost there". bruh just tell me your location so i can gauge how long i have to keep waiting
    • motorcycles/cars that are tuned to be as loud as possible when whizzing by. like, jeez man ease up on my eardrums it's not like that many people actually care about your ride.

Years
  • I really don't like when someone says they want to ask/tell me something and then wait for me to reply before asking. like, please just tell me what you need without waiting for a message from me first (which will probably just be '?' anyway)

Years
  • Don't interrupt me with something unrelated when I'm in the middle of talking to you about something. I appreciate that you probably don't care about what I'm saying as much as I do, but I don't care about what you're interrupting me with. So unless what you're interjecting with is about an imminent, life-threatening danger, shut the hell up and let's mutually agree to both listen to the entirety of each other's bullshit that we don't care about.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Spitting, I can't stand it. It's so gross and honestly makes me sick.
    And as of late, antimaskers, covid deniers and people who hold mass parties or go out despite having it. There should be jail time for some of these people.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    My job!

When you have to tell the same people the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and well....you get it. It would just be SOOOOO much easier if you just picked up after yourself. When I have to do MY job and half of the night before because people were lazy or don't know how to manage their time. When people (mostly a manager) tells you to help a customer at the counter when you just finished doing someone else's job and you need to take a quick moment to gather yourself...mind you they aren't doing SHIT and could just help the customer themselves.

Years
  • Pet Peeves of mine include any form of child abuse or neglect, sneezing or pooting of all things and... bad breath. I don't know, I guess we could sum it up to just unpleasant smells being a peeve.

Years
  • My pet peeves and things I don't like would be :
    Rudeness, Liars, Immature older people, Manipulators, Judgemental, Racist, Know it All's and Fake people.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • My job!

When you have to tell the same people the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and well....you get it. It would just be SOOOOO much easier if you just picked up after yourself. When I have to do MY job and half of the night before because people were lazy or don't know how to manage their time. When people (mostly a manager) tells you to help a customer at the counter when you just finished doing someone else's job and you need to take a quick moment to gather yourself...mind you they aren't doing SHIT and could just help the customer themselves.

Ahaha I understand this too :( I was endlessly patient and nice at work though because I have to be (and I'm not good at getting angry or anything), but gah the amount of times I'd have to repeat the same things to customers/students and pick up the slack for lazy co-workers was insane. I feel like others would see me as lazy if I said I just don't think I'm meant for anything except self-employment, but it honestly is the truth lol. I have not once enjoyed a job where I can't work on my own time.

Back