• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Physical vs Digital

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • Depends on the platform, really. With PC digital is preferred because of Steam. With consoles, I'd rather have the physical copy.

Sometimes you've just got to make room and accept that sometimes the games will be in a stack rather than on the shelf.

See, I've just come to the point where I dont have room for them because I keep buying too many lol. I've inevitably switched over to digital just because it's become a pain to continually switch over games. Ease of accessibility is just easier digitally.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Physical all the way. The less space I have to take up on my systems the better. I got a game for $5 during the PSN golden week sale but I really prefer to have physical because fuck Vita memory cards.

Years
  • Digital for convenience,I mainly buy things through Steam. Part of it is also that I don't even have that many games, so I can't really just have my games stored somewhere so I can look at them and go "What a wonderful collection I have".

Years
  • Nothing beats having the game box in your hand. I'll take the slight inconvenience of having to physically swap game carts and not be able to quickly choose ames from the home screen, it's more safe and just much better to me.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • Digital. More convenient, cheaper, and you can't lose a digital copy of a game. I have no idea why physical copies of games even still exist. I understand why you might want physical games for collection reasons, but I think having a steam library of hundreds of games is just as impressive as having a shelf of hundreds of games, plus it doesn't fill your entire room.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Digital. More convenient, cheaper, and you can't lose a digital copy of a game. I have no idea why physical copies of games even still exist. I understand why you might want physical games for collection reasons, but I think having a steam library of hundreds of games is just as impressive as having a shelf of hundreds of games, plus it doesn't fill your entire room.

Convenience factor. Data can get corrupted even when you take care of them. SD cards and flash drives are notorious for that. Plus it's nice to have the option to return a game if you end up not liking it or to resell it to get some cash back. If you pay for a digital game that you end up not liking you're pretty much s.o.l.

Back