• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Piercings?

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
    Years
    Do you have any piercings? Do you desire any?
    Personally, i have both ears pierced with a half inch gauge, and plugs. I also have an eyebrow peircing, all that were granted from my parents when i turned 16.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Naah! its kind of girl's thing!

Not necessarily. There's a lot of guys who have piercings and earrings. I've always considered nose rings and lip piercings something both guys and girls wear. And I'm always seeing guys wear earrings. not the big clunky, feminine type, but smaller less visible one such as gauges and plugs and diamond studded ones. More people in the skater, emo, punk, and hipster crowd wear gauges and plugs and more people in hip-hop culture seem to wear golden and diamond studded ones. Though that's a general observation more or less. The idea that only girls wear piercings is a stupid stereotype.

But anyway, I personally don't have any piercings or plan on getting any soon. I don't think they fit my style or would look good on me. Plus I couldn't take the pain of getting them pierced well. At one point I was considering gauges , but decided to not too cause of the above reasons.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I've had a total of 5 piercings, but left two of them grow shut a long while back because they weren't healing well by any means.
    I currently have both earlobes pierced, along with the cartilage on one. I'm tempted to get either the lobes pierced a second time, or possibly a second cartilage piercing on the same ear. The latter is unlikely, though, considering I'm having a decent amount of trouble getting the current one to heal properly.

Aaron, you should look into getting it done with hollow needles. I've had piercings done with both and it's a lot less unpleasant that way.

Years
    I don't have any piercings, but I have considered maybe getting one in my ear. I don't get why some people feel the need to excessively stick metal in their faces (amongst other things) really. I mean sure a little bit why not, but there's nothing overly expressive or artistic about mutilating yourself by going overboard - and don't even get me started on stretchers.

That being said, if you want to get piercings don't let me try and stop you. If you want to go and cover yourself with metal that's your business, I'm just saying I don't get it xD. Personally I think if you're looking for expressing yourself or even just looking pretty tattoos make more sense.

Sirfetch’d

I don't and I never will haha. I am terrified of anything that involves piercing a hole in my skin D: I can't even handle getting a shot let alone a permanent hole in me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I have zero piercings. It does suck to see earrings I like that I can't wear because of that, though. My sister found a really nice pair that I really like, and she wants to find a way to convert them to clip-on so that I can wear them. Yay. I have two pairs of earrings that I really like though, both clip-on. One pair is really old that I bought from a vintage jewelry merchant. She cleans up old pieces and sells them for cheap. They're from the 1930's and they have beautiful hand-crafted artwork in them. I should post a picture some time. The other pair is just some hoops with pretty colored beads on the bottom that matches a lot of stuff I have, haha. Nothing too special.

So yeah, that's that. No holes in me.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I have zero piercings, not even on my ears. But soon that's going to change though. I think it's finally time to start considering getting my ears pierced. xD

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
    Piercings look like they hurt wimp, plus I'd probably look bad with them anyways. I'll just stick to, y'know, solid skin.

On that note, I know a lot of people with piercings, and I could safely say that a majority of guys at school have at least one piercing in their ear, so it doesn't really bother me [you were saying, MegaIndianCharizardX?].

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Piercings aren't for me, period. I like piercings on girls as long as they don't overdo it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I have the perfect earlobes for gauges but I won't get them. I may get my ears pierced but right now I don't have any piercings. If I ever got any it would be just one on each ear. Or maybe a foot piercing!

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
    I like piercings on girls as long as they don't overdo it.

n/o to you in particular but I find this sort of attitude when people have piercing discussion really annoying because I honestly doubt that people who are getting tons of piercings care about other's opinion if they "overdo" it or not.

I've debated getting a singular labret as a lip piercing but I'm metal free right now.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I just have pierced ears. I got them pierced pretty late, like around 15. I do remember that the girl before me was like 5 years old. Hmm. Brave little girl. I never cared for the art of earrings. I haven't worn earrings since I was 18.

Years
    I personally dislike piercings completely, both in appearance on others and also to the idea of getting any myself. If that's what you like and/or want to do, though, more power to you. I just feel that any metal in, on, or near one's body should be functional rather than decorative. Like glasses, fillings, or a watch.

Years
    I only have my ears pierced ever since I was young. Several years ago those holes almost closed up so my mom practically forced me to wear earrings again -.- It sucks to be "allergic" to fake earrings it limits the type that I'm able to without bleeding...That aside, I was contemplating getting my belly button and cartilage pierced before; still kind of wavering on both. Don't think my parents would be too happy with either D:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    I only have ear piercings, 3 on my right ear and 1 on the left. They are all on the lobes because I'm too much of a baby to even get my cartilage pierced. Suffice to say I won't be getting any piercings on any other parts of my body.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Aaron, you should look into getting it done with hollow needles. I've had piercings done with both and it's a lot less unpleasant that way.

Actually I don't think it's really the fact I think it feels unpleasant now that I think about it. I mean I give blood all the time and I'm sure that's about as painful as getting a piercing. It's not really my style or fits me at all. lol. When I was considering I think I was trying to fit in with the whole scene kid stereotype, though ironically my music taste was the exact opposite of most scene kids hahaha.

Though if people like doing that, I'm not gonna stop them. People should make their own choices.

Back