• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PLEASE READ: Changes to the Community Supporter System

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
  • These new changes sound really cool really liking that theme with tier names you used and I'm totally looking forward to them. Thanks for the heads up and all that, can't wait to see the end result. :p

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Can I play the bad guy?

I wonder if the current suggested bands are too low. There's not much of a gap in price between being a just-about-qualifying silver member, and being a crystal member. Perhaps they could be widened slightly - so Crystal reflect tier 5, rather than tier 4/5. I understand that the majority of our members are younger, but 10$ is probably a basic transaction fee, so for it to jump straight to the Gold tier seems odd.

Assuming it'll work like it does now, you've also got to think of other countries and conversions. I know, from a UK perspective, $5 is around £3 - which is about the price of a cup of coffee. Most kids get a lot more than that for weekly pocket money :<.

I reckon a bump of $5 would be a better alternative.

Silver Tier - $5.00 - $14.99 (Tier 1/2)

Gold Tier - $15.00 - $24.99 (Tier 3-4)

Crystal Tier - $25.00 + (Tier 5)

I like the idea of the perks though, definitely makes the levels more distinct with clear incentives to donate.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Wait that means I can get a bigger avatar? Because I'm sure I'd fit in the Gold tier since I believe Alex donated $10 dollars for me. I'm really liking this idea then cause I've always wanted a bigger avatar. :D

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • ...and to think I've just donated the last $30 to make T6. XD

Although I can't wait to see what the new userbars and colored names will look like. I also can't wait to experiment with BBcode in my usertitle. :D

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • Awesome! I'm really looking forward to BBCode user titles!

Also, on a side note, where do I claim my @pokecommunity.com email? :)

Years
  • Custom user title with italics, bold and such for $20+? I'm sold. Mac and EV, if you're seeing this, you don't need to ask me what I want for that user title anymore. B)

But i'm all for this idea. What was on the beta forums that you speak of?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • -takes Magic and puts him outside- Bad. Bad Magic. Don't you ruin my fun. :( With your math, I'd have to donate or win a thing to be Crystal Version. Grr. -goes away to cry-

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    This is a really nice idea, and I'm happy to get user titles with custom bbcode. :)

Years
  • I like these changes as well. However, would there be the option to be placed in a usergroup that doesn't have the formatted username like there is now? Not that it matters to me lol but just a question

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • -takes Magic and puts him outside- Bad. Bad Magic. Don't you ruin my fun. :( With your math, I'd have to donate or win a thing to be Crystal Version. Grr. -goes away to cry-

Don't let Jak (still Syd to me) ruin Magic's suggestion! I'll happily donate 5$ to get that long-eared son of a Morph Gun to Crystal. Besides, it will probably be a better way for me to spend my money anyway :P

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • Well this is interesting. Can't wait to see how the format looks after the change.

Years
  • These changes are really cool, I'm a huge fan of them! Can't wait for this to take place of the current tiers. :3

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Since Gold+ gets 180x180 avatars and it wouldn't make sense to have width limits greater than 180px (because of the legacy postbit), would that mean that Platties get somewhat longer avatars to use? If it's not in the works it's definitely a good suggestion. :)

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • 180x180 avatars huh

this better mean mod avatars go back to 200x200

This is super exciting can I quit so I can have Crystal tier color/privs thank u

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • 180x180 avatars huh

this better mean mod avatars go back to 200x200

This is super exciting can I quit so I can have Crystal tier color/privs thank u
    eww legacy postbit stretching :s

I think I shall patiently wait until it happens, then jump into the User CP to look at my dimension limits so I can crop the new avatar I've been mocking up since last night. :3

Years
  • Since Gold+ gets 180x180 avatars and it wouldn't make sense to have width limits greater than 180px (because of the legacy postbit), would that mean that Platties get somewhat longer avatars to use? If it's not in the works it's definitely a good suggestion. :)
    Don't take my word for this, but probably not, because the current mod limit of avatars is 180x180.

Back