• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PLEASE READ: Changes to the Community Supporter System

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Look at how quick you guys are to jump the gun. :>

if you literally JUST asked if Platinums would get bigger avatars why does it matter that I asked that lol re: terabyte's quote
    Well, I asked if we may be getting longer avatars, meaning rectangular. That doesn't contradict what I said, really :<

Don't take my word for this, but probably not, because the current mod limit of avatars is 180x180.
    Who says supporters can't have bigger avatars than moderators? For years Tiers 3-5 had 150x150 and Tier 6 had 170x170 while mods got bumped up roughly a year ago IIRC. :P

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    Don't forget: If we decide to have longer avatars, then it screws over the standard postbit. Don't forget that.

Ah, that's right. Then again, anything over 130x130 looks too big in my opinion on Standard because valign="center", so… :S

Let's see what Audy thinks… I would like larger avatars as that was my biggest reason for getting Tier 6, and I'd hate it if it stretched the legacy postbit as well… ah, what a delimma. >_<

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I wasn't being passive aggressive so you needn't be either! :3c

Anywhoooo yeah it's all the same thing, longer/wider, something would "break" something unfortunately. 180x180 is just such a huge paaain, but I guess that's for a different thread. Like I said it was just a passing thought. :b

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    I wasn't being passive aggressive so you needn't be either! :3c

Anywhoooo yeah it's all the same thing, longer/wider, something would "break" something unfortunately. 180x180 is just such a huge paaain, but I guess that's for a different thread. Like I said it was just a passing thought. :b

I wasn't trying to be passive-aggressive, sorry if it came off like that. :< I guess I didn't know how else to put it… <_<

I guess you're right about that. Maybe my wish of PPN-size avatars is nice and all, but sort of unplausible. :P

Years
    Um... idk about avatar dimensions yet, haha. :(

More importantly how would you guys feel about badges instead of colored usernames as default? With the option to switch to colored for those who prefer it:

I don't really like that look, it reminds me too much of when you tested a similar username tag thing a few months back (like how my name was formatted "CS5 Hikari10" at the time) and the only thing it did was clutter up space on profile visitors and the online list.

Colored usernames on the other hand don't take up too much space so I guess colored names as default would be the way to go.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Which is nice because he mentioned there'd be a toggle for those that don't want badges but colored names c:

Well, if we can choose between coloured names and badges, I'm happy with that! :3
    Coloured names all the way! ^^

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    omfg why i have never heard of this <3 i love it

just think

Crystal Supporter Avant Garde looks smexy than green ol Avant Garde who has a 4 underneath js

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Um... idk about avatar dimensions yet, haha. :(

More importantly how would you guys feel about badges instead of colored usernames as default? With the option to switch to colored for those who prefer it:

I'm loving these badges. They look very official and with the gold badge next to my name I'd feel like I'm a police officer. XD I still really like colored names however, they can make us more distinct so there definitely should be an opinion to toggle back and forth for those who want the colored names. I'd used both honestly though cause I'm really liking the professional look of those badges.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    I like the badge concept, too. Looks quite professional :)

That said, how does this work for recurring supporters? Where do we get dumped? (And how do I find out how much I've donated in the last many months as a recurring supporter?)

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I'm personally more of a fan of the coloured usernames instead of the badges; I feel like it "pops" more when I look at a page, whereas my eyes don't automatically go to the badge when I see it like in that style you posted.

That said, how does this work for recurring supporters? Where do we get dumped? (And how do I find out how much I've donated in the last many months as a recurring supporter?)

I'm assuming it would be exactly the same as the current set up, where the amount you have payed in total will reflect what tier you'll be in (i.e. silver, gold, etc.)

You can also see the total amount you've donated here, as it should have been updated every time you were billed:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3253072#3253072

Although after looking at that list, it just has you listed under Recurring Supporters with no total next to it. You might want to message Rukario or Owl and ask them what the total might be.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Come to think of it now, I am going to miss the green names. xD I really loved this color green.

Oh well, I'm ready for the changes. I really am digging the fact that we can switch between badges and colored names. Come at me! \o/

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    I'm assuming it would be exactly the same as the current set up, where the amount you have payed in total will reflect what tier you'll be in (i.e. silver, gold, etc.)

Yeah, the current set-up automatically had recurring supporters in Tier 4. Even if as a recurring supporter you donated 2$, you'd still be in Tier 4; it doesn't matter, unless you pass the Tier 4 total amount - then you'd have to PM Rukario or someone to be swapped to Tier 5. Since it's now based 100% on money and not tiers, I'm just wondering whether or not they'll make a default tier i.e. Gold again for recurring supporters, or if we'll be dropped into a category that reflects the amount we've paid to-date.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    Yeah, the current set-up automatically had recurring supporters in Tier 4. Even if as a recurring supporter you donated 2$, you'd still be in Tier 4; it doesn't matter, unless you pass the Tier 4 total amount - then you'd have to PM Rukario or someone to be swapped to Tier 5. Since it's now based 100% on money and not tiers, I'm just wondering whether or not they'll make a default tier i.e. Gold again for recurring supporters, or if we'll be dropped into a category that reflects the amount we've paid to-date.

IMO Gold would make sense as the starting tier for recurring supporters, but I think Steve and the other admins will maybe have to come to a consensus on that since the new system is by no means 1:1 with the old. It might bring in new recurring supporters since Gold's the first tier with 180x180 avatars and avvies seem to be a big selling ticket in the supporter business, so who knows :3

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Can we use # instead of ^? ;3 I'm being totally serious, too.

Aside from that, and utilizing Magic's suggestion of how the ranks are split, I like this quite a bit. Very happy.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
    Years
    Dave, don't make me hit you or something, that looks really terrible and bland. >=|
    I support all else except Magic's math, for syd's sake, cause she really wants that crystal :p

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    My previous post might have been worded weird, but I support Magic's idea. There is a level of prestige with these ranks in terms of content, with the people who give more receiving more. Add the fact that I personally think HTML usertitles aren't things to be handed out so easily, and the thought that Crystal Rank should definitely be a Tier 5 thing, solely sorry syd ;_;

Back