• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
  • Hey, I really love your game and I'm currently having a blast playing bit. I have one something to ask you though. Seeing as you have made several different changes to existing pokemon, created completely new mega evolutions and new pokemon, I was wondering if there is a changelog or document where you have compiled all the information regarding the game. Important stuff like BST, abilities and even movepools. I love Pokemon like kangaskhoon but I have no idea about their base stats. Also, on a lighter note, does normal blaziken get speed boost? And is Ability Capsule available?
    1) Direct questions to Aethestode go in the Discord server. As it was stated a couple of times before, he doesn't come here too often.
    2) There isn't an official document written by Aethestode about his modifications. There's only the guides written by people who played the game.
    3) Torchic and its evolutions are not obtainable yet, so it's hard to answer that.
    4) No, the Ability Capsule is not a thing here in Red Chapter.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    Lol. I did finished 14.1 without facing big glitches ??????
    The only glitch i encounter in 14.1 is ;

- Entering the Relic Beast Chapter without finishing the league will cause freeze
    - And when you lose to brown inside the orange island cave? The event will trigger earlier after walking some seconds ??????

And offcourse the Pallete.
    Those are the only bugs i encounter and i'm finished with 14.1 ??????

But i'm not sure if Ancient Gengar is still available cause he didn't show up when i played the event.

Pink rhyhorn also not obtainable right? The pokeball had bounce away from him when i tried to catch him ??????

And lastly, will there be a way to catch the ekans 3-8? I remember one trainer having them all.

Same goes for the other two orange island starter i didn't pick? Are they catchable in the future?

My current team is:
    Pikachu
    Swampert X (Will breed a Swampert soon for the earthquake)
    Dragonite (Waiting for the Blue Dragonite)
    Magmartar (i'll train my Shiny Magmar Soon)
    Metagross (orange)
    Rhyperior (Planning to use the Pink one but the game didn't let me catch it)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Lol. I did finished 14.1 without facing big glitches ������
    The only glitch i encounter in 14.1 is ;

- Entering the Relic Beast Chapter without finishing the league will cause freeze
    - And when you lose to brown inside the orange island cave? The event will trigger earlier after walking some seconds ������

And offcourse the Pallete.
    Those are the only bugs i encounter and i'm finished with 14.1 ������

But i'm not sure if Ancient Gengar is still available cause he didn't show up when i played the event.

Pink rhyhorn also not obtainable right? The pokeball had bounce away from him when i tried to catch him ������

And lastly, will there be a way to catch the ekans 3-8? I remember one trainer having them all.

Same goes for the other two orange island starter i didn't pick? Are they catchable in the future?

My current team is:
    Pikachu
    Swampert X (Will breed a Swampert soon for the earthquake)
    Dragonite (Waiting for the Blue Dragonite)
    Magmartar (i'll train my Shiny Magmar Soon)
    Metagross (orange)
    Rhyperior (Planning to use the Pink one but the game didn't let me catch it)

Don't report bugs from an outdated beta (14.5 is the latest one) and yeah some encounters you're not meant to catch

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    I'm not reporting bugs 😶
    I just said that i finished the beta 14.1 with only those bugs.

I just notice that some of the users has a lot of complain about bugs and i'm wondering why i didn't encounter then in 14.1 😶

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Are the glitches from the prior Beta 13 still a thing with this version? I'd like to train that Kabiin Pokemon but don't want it to freeze when I level it up.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Are the glitches from the prior Beta 13 still a thing with this version? I'd like to train that Kabiin Pokemon but don't want it to freeze when I level it up.
    I raised Kabiin to Lv75 using Rare Candies and the game didn't freeze.
    I levelled it up 5 times normally and the game didn't freeze either.
    It looks to me like Kabiin is working correctly and doesn't cause a freeze anymore, but to stay safe, do save the game every now and then.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2019
    Finally, I got to replay one of my favorite romhacks and I loved the new improvements in Beta 14 over the outdated Beta 11. Thank you once again, Aethestode for your amazing work.

To me, it feels almost like entirely new game. Though as much as I liked the funny content and several new side quests added, I still don't understand why several lines of dialogues were cut down in this new version. Anyway, I just wanted to ask about something that bothers me since the older release (i.e beta 12 and 13). From what I read, Pokemon level cap was raised to 255, but whenever I try to use rare candy on some of my party members (with high stats and level over 100) and their stat reach about ~660 or more, they stats suddenly starts "glitching" and go to -2 or 2, 3 etc and up. I don't know if it's my emulator fault (I'm playing on VBA-M), but it happens in every version of the game. I would like to know if someone else got this bug and will it ever get fixed in Beta 15 or higher?

Also, just wanted to note that you can get some TM's not listed in Lunos's FAQ.
    TM005 Roar - is in Pewter City behind one of the houses,
    TM055 Scald (previosly HM05 Flash) - is on one of the floors between the buckets in Silph Co.
    and TM042 Facade is obtainable somewhere, but I forgot where exactly.

Thanks to everybody involved in creating this enjoyable hack and hopefully someday we will get to play the final version of this great game.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • From what I read, Pokemon level cap was raised to 255, but whenever I try to use rare candy on some of my party members (with high stats and level over 100) and their stat reach about ~660 or more, they stats suddenly starts "glitching" and go to -2 or 2, 3 etc and up. I don't know if it's my emulator fault (I'm playing on VBA-M), but it happens in every version of the game. I would like to know if someone else got this bug and will it ever get fixed in Beta 15 or higher?
    It's not your fault or your emulator's, no. It was an issue found sometime after the Beta 13 Part 2F came out.
    Back then, I immediately brought the issue up in the thread where Esipode wrote the original instructions on how to raise the level cap in Pokémon Fire Red, and the user BluRose was able to pinpoint and fix the issue in no time.
    I brought this up as a suggestion in the Discord server at that same time, but it looks like Aethestode forgot to implement the correction.

I'll make sure to bring up the matter again in the Discord server.
    Also, just wanted to note that you can get some TM's not listed in Lunos's FAQ.
    TM005 Roar - is in Pewter City behind one of the houses,
    TM055 Scald (previosly HM05 Flash) - is on one of the floors between the buckets in Silph Co.
    and TM042 Facade is obtainable somewhere, but I forgot where exactly.
    Thanks for the information, I'll add those locations to the guide.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • OK i'm stuck, i need to go find Mew, but where is it? Any ideas?
    During the events in Celadon City? It is close to the Gym.

EDIT: Locations of Shiny Magmar encounter and TM42 Facade added to the Obtainable Pokémon and TMs/HMs Locations List guides.
    Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • During the events in Celadon City? It is close to the Gym.

Oh, and i went to Cerureal (sp, Misty's place) city

Update

Ah so i must've just go the opoosite site of the game corner? Kaaaaaay

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    I did tried to use the walk through everything cheat but i didn't found the tm scald in the silph co :(

And just to make it clear.
    Pink rhyhorn is not obtainable so far right?

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • OK this is weird, in most Pokemon generation 1-3 romhacks, Glaceon can learn Blizzard naturally and via TM, but in beta14 of Adventures: Red chapter it can't?!

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years

• Nope, i don't know if he put an anti "piracy" method here, but when i try to put TM Blizzard on my Glaceon, it says it's not compatible

And i checked here https://www.serebii.net/attackdex-dp/blizzard.shtml to see if it can learn it, and it can

A present for those who use the Walk Through Walls cheat code.

Wait was that sarcasm? Becuase i've seen items that i cannot reach

Also how do we get Dawn stone in this game? Or you can't get it and it's replaced by an ice stone?

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Nope, i don't know if he put an anti "piracy" method here, but when i try to put TM Blizzard on my Glaceon, it says it's not compatible
    Should have started from there. Yes, Glaceon can't learn the TM14 Blizzard. That's likely an overlook, as Glaceon should be able to learn it. I'll bring it up in the Discord server.
    A present for those who use the Walk Through Walls cheat code.
    Wait was that sarcasm? Becuase i've seen items that i cannot reach
    It was not.
    Also how do we get Dawn stone in this game?
    The Dawn Stone is not obtainable. It's not even in the ROM. The only 2 pokémon that could use it are not obtainable at the moment anyway.

Last edited:
    Back