• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond hack: Pokémon DarkDiamond

Should I replace the Galactic Grunt and Admin battle themes with N's battle themes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Awesome!I first knew this hack is in another website...The screenshots really shocked me!I hope you are still working on it,it's really a great Diamond hack...

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    You'll be able to get all the starters from every region (up to Sinnoh, of course) in a way similar to that in Pokémon Yellow Version.

Today, I've found (with the help of Zark) where the battle music and animations are stored. I don't mean the graphics or sequences, but the data that tells which one to use with each Pokémon or trainer. Video coming soon!

Tan and Teal

DS ROM Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2019
    You'll be able to get all the starters from every region (up to Sinnoh, of course) in a way similar to that in Pokémon Yellow Version.

Today, I've found (with the help of Zark) where the battle music and animations are stored. I don't mean the graphics or sequences, but the data that tells which one to use with each Pokémon or trainer. Video coming soon!

Wow. I was actually trying to figure that out, but you did before me. Can't wait for the video!

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    Wow. I was actually trying to figure that out, but you did before me. Can't wait for the video!

Well, in fact it's not figured out completely yet. I've found a short list with 31 entries of 4 bytes each: 2 bytes for music and 2 bytes for animation.

However, I still don't know how the game assigns each pokémon or trainer to that list. If you have been doing research on it already, maybe you have found something interesting :)

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    What kind of video are you going to make?

I'm going to upload a video showing standard wild pokémon battles with their music/animation changed to the champion, trainer, gym leaders... ones. I'm already recording the footage, which will be up this week.

Also, I have been able to edit the textures assigned to a map and to each polygon. Here's the result:

eternaforest.png

However, I still have to discover how to add NEW tilesets without overwriting the existing ones (I replaced Tileset_06 to do the Eterna Forest update). That way we would be able to use a different tileset for each map.

EDIT: The video is up.

Last edited:

Tan and Teal

DS ROM Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2019
    I'm going to upload a video showing standard wild pokémon battles with their music/animation changed to the champion, trainer, gym leaders... ones. I'm already recording the footage, which will be up this week.

Also, I have been able to edit the textures assigned to a map and to each polygon. Here's the result:

eternaforest.png

However, I still have to discover how to add NEW tilesets without overwriting the existing ones (I replaced Tileset_06 to do the Eterna Forest update). That way we would be able to use a different tileset for each map.​

EDIT: The video is up.​

Wow. Cynthia turned into a Budew, and Giratina + Dialga turned into Starlys. BTW, I like the new E4 theme and the Brendan's vs sprite. The trees really fit the map.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2012
    nice, i love the hero sprite
    i def. gonna try this one
    hope you finish it soon

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2012
    when i wanna patch this come

Applying patch file 'E:\pokemon roms\Pokemon DD Beta 1.ups' ...
    Reading file 'E:\pokemon roms\Pokemon Diamond.nds' ...
    Target file is 'E:\pokemon roms\Pokemon Diamond.nds.utm' ...
    Patch application will take approximately 1 minute(s), 4 second(s).
    Please be patient ... UI will not be responsive during this time.
    Failed! Input checksum is invalid.

what is wrong ? :S

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    when i wanna patch this come

Applying patch file 'E:\pokemon roms\Pokemon DD Beta 1.ups' ...
    Reading file 'E:\pokemon roms\Pokemon Diamond.nds' ...
    Target file is 'E:\pokemon roms\Pokemon Diamond.nds.utm' ...
    Patch application will take approximately 1 minute(s), 4 second(s).
    Please be patient ... UI will not be responsive during this time.
    Failed! Input checksum is invalid.

what is wrong ? :S

Make sure you are trying to patch a CLEAN and USA version of Diamond. There are lots of bad dumps on the Internet :/

If you can't patch it, please send me a PM and I'll help you.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2013
    Maybe you should make a beta 1.5, the exact same rom as the one for beta 1 but then with the 3d effect of beta 2.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    Please be patient. I know the screenshots look awesome and you want to play it as soon as possible, but I'm working hard to make the hack EVEN BETTER.

The next beta is coming in less than two months. I'm sure you can wait a bit more ;)

Tan and Teal

DS ROM Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2019
    Please be patient. I know the screenshots look awesome and you want to play it as soon as possible, but I'm working hard to make the hack EVEN BETTER.

The next beta is coming in less than two months. I'm sure you can wait a bit more ;)

Less than 2 months? That would be a great present for the Holidays! :)
    That's great how you can assign the music for each trainer, because my hack will have all of the evil teams. That would be hard to do without it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2013
    If you manage to make the new beta in two months it would be amazing.
    And you've got some really nice screens :)

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    Experimenting with the map engine:

mapteste.png
    hearthome.png

Who said you couldn't edit 3D maps or add models to a map without replacing old ones? :D

Tan and Teal

DS ROM Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2019
    I-is that the Black/White tiles, trees, and grass? T-that's amazing! Are you going to use this in the hack?

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    @pokemonpk12 I use Tile Molester, Crystal Tile, PPRE and, most of the time, an hex editor. Hex is my main power when it comes to doing the most spectacular things.

@Tan and Teal I probably won't use them, because it would mean editing EVERY MAP. 'Cause what you see in the screenshot is a map from Black and White ported to Diamond (Route 2).

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
    Years
  • Hey dude. KingSora3 from PZ. Good job on this hack, I look forward to seeing more stuff!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back