• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2016
    Wait, more than 16 Move Tuotrs with Shard Move Tutors? I didn't know it was possible :O How did you did it?

Years
  • I die a little on the inside every time I see the thread is updated by Spherical, and then I scroll down and don't see Beta 1.2
    Sorry to disappoint, again! Haha, thanks for the enthusiasm.

I love how the Battle Marsh is looking and even though I'm not one to battle in areas like that (example would be Battle Tower), I'll definitely try it out.
    Thanks!

Just a suggestion though. Wouldn't it feel more earthy (is that a word?) or kinda ancient-like, celtic-ish, nordic, whatever if the author would add more nature like pokemon into the game? like skiddo, gogoat (kinda biased, but yeah), deerling, sawsbuck, other green and vegitative pokemon would be nice too. you know, kinda like a really back-to-nature feel. i dunno about you guys, but this game gives me the vibes of that kind of game. but then again,i dunno. it might just be me.
    I don't think the story should limit the variety of wild Pokémon available, and I just haven't really gotten around to adding most Gen. 6 Pokémon as of yet, hence my reluctance to add Gogoat. The lack of seasons also makes me reluctant to include Sawsbuck, too. Sorry, but I can assure you that there are plenty of cool Pokémon to keep you interested.

Wait, more than 16 Move Tuotrs with Shard Move Tutors? I didn't know it was possible :O How did you did it?
    Yup! I did it with a lot of inefficient ASM and scripting, haha.

Speaking of ASM, the amazing daniilS has helped me do the following:

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

That's right, the grass animations for different types of terrain, such as the snow of Frozen Climb and the murky grass of Telmurk Swamp, show up correctly now!

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
    Years
  • Thanks! The Regal Stone can be used on the following Pokémon:

Spoiler: Pokémon that evolve with the Regal Stone
    Slowpoke -> Regal Stone -> Slowking
    Poliwhirl -> Regal Stone -> Politoed
    Seadra -> Regal Stone -> Kingdra
    Clamperl -> Regal Stone -> Gorebyss
    Feebas -> Regal Stone -> Milotic

This isn't an exhaustive list however, and so some may be removed or added in the future. For example, I'm considering making Sylveon available through the use of a Regal Stone as well.

The entrances to Hidden Grottos look like this:

Spoiler: How to spot Hidden Grottos
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Take note of the different shading in the trees directly above the player!

That's because the new world map has been newly added to the in-progress Beta 2.

Thank you! I can't give a release date for Beta 2 as of now because I don't know myself, but hopefully not too far from now!

Rock Climb is in already, although it isn't available yet unless you get it through breeding or something. There will only be 50 TMs unless I manage to expand them, which is unlikely. Running indoors is already a feature in Beta 1.1. Regular double battles are already in the hack, whereas wild double battles likely won't be implemented. Sky encounters probably won't be included, either. I might include Swarms but they aren't in progress at the moment.

Thanks!

Karrablast is definitely going to be available in Beta 2, so theoretically you will be able to get an Escavalier. As for the others, I can't say for sure whether they will be available, sorry.

Thanks! As you can see from a previous update, there will be new Shard Tutors to accompany the standard FireRed Move Tutors, so yes, there will only be sixteen of the regular Move Tutors, but there will be quite a few Shard Tutors that teach far more than just one move!

The newest area I've made, which is still a somewhat work-in-progress, is the Battle Marsh! Here, you can battle against Trainers to win Battle Points, which can be exchanged for battle items and more! Check it out!

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

During Battle Marsh battles, your entire party will be scaled up to Level 50. This, of course, is temporary, and once you decide to leave (or lose!), your team will be reverted to their regular levels. You can also only battle with three Pokémon in the Single Battle Tournament, so choose wisely! (The FIRST, SECOND and THIRD text will be decapitalised eventually, too.)

Sorry to disappoint, again! Haha, thanks for the enthusiasm.

Thanks!

I don't think the story should limit the variety of wild Pokémon available, and I just haven't really gotten around to adding most Gen. 6 Pokémon as of yet, hence my reluctance to add Gogoat. The lack of seasons also makes me reluctant to include Sawsbuck, too. Sorry, but I can assure you that there are plenty of cool Pokémon to keep you interested.

Yup! I did it with a lot of inefficient ASM and scripting, haha.

Speaking of ASM, the amazing daniilS has helped me do the following:

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

That's right, the grass animations for different types of terrain, such as the snow of Frozen Climb and the murky grass of Telmurk Swamp, show up correctly now!
    Ice, Your Updates Are Awesome as Always {:3}

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I really love this hack but I have a question, does budew have the ability natural cure? I caught 25+ budew and all of them had poisen point. Does budew not have natural cure or am I just really unlucky?

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    hi nice updates will all pokemon follow moveset of gen 6 and during battle marsh if pokemon level are higher then 50 will they be made level 50 and if pokemon are level 30 then when the pokemon are made of lv 50 will their move change according their lv and are you planning to add post game or second region and are all new items pokemon and abilites implemented

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2023
    This is definitely one of the best hacks I've played in awhile. Keep up the good work! I am anxiously awaiting the next update c:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ice, Your Updates Are Awesome as Always {:3}
    Thanks"

I really love this hack but I have a question, does budew have the ability natural cure? I caught 25+ budew and all of them had poisen point. Does budew not have natural cure or am I just really unlucky?
    I'm not sure about in Beta 1.1, but it definitely has Natural Cure in the version I'm working with, and I don't recall editing it, so you may just have bad luck. D:

hi nice updates will all pokemon follow moveset of gen 6 and during battle marsh if pokemon level are higher then 50 will they be made level 50 and if pokemon are level 30 then when the pokemon are made of lv 50 will their move change according their lv and are you planning to add post game or second region and are all new items pokemon and abilites implemented
    Yes, all Pokémon have movesets equivalent to their X/Y counterparts, with some having their OR/AS movesets, with the exception of a handful of moves that I have not yet added. All Pokémon get scaled to Level 50 in the Battle Marsh, regardless of if they are higher or lower than that. Their move sets will stay as they are when entered, however. I do plan to have things to do after the Elite Four, but that's a long way to go. Only a handful of new items have been implemented as of now, and quite a lot of abilities have been added but, again, not all as of yet.

dis a pretty gud hack mane, needs a dark gym though with all the wonderful edge in it
    Thanks!

This is definitely one of the best hacks I've played in awhile. Keep up the good work! I am anxiously awaiting the next update c:
    Thank you!

This hack is amazing!! Cant wait to play the next game.
    Thanks!

I've not really made any visible progress recently, as I've been focusing solely on inserting the remainder of the Gen. 6 mons into Gaia, which I can now announce is completed all the way up to Volcanion! Of course, like I've said earlier in this post, some are missing certain moves and abilities, and the odd Gen. 6 Pokémon have no sprite as of yet, but they now all have substantial data in some capacity.

To tide you over until the next update, here's a video of the Battle Marsh's Single Battle Tournament:

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2021
    Will there be any rewards for defeating trainers at the Battle Marsh ?

PS: Great hack. Keep up the good work.

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
    Years
  • My time to play hacks is slowly slipping away and I pray that this beautiful thing gets to the public before then. I read all the comments, i love all the progress that has been made.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Good game and I mean... very excellent! That's one of the games I've played and seen so far with proper latest generation mechanics implemented (DarkViolet being one of my list too). Keep it up and I hope that you will complete the game until final. Hmm... I have suggestions for you:
    - Since you are inserting R/S/E songs that are not present in FR/LG engine, hmm... why don't you insert the R/S/E Rival Battle Theme (a.k.a. Brendan/May Battle Theme) as battle music for rival battles and any generic boss battles.
    -Will you ever insert the pre-battle mugshot hack? Since that latest games having boss battles with VS Sprite or the pre-battle mugshot.
    -Last... how about battle backgrounds? Well, just for a little bit fanciness.

Years
  • How did you fixed those grass animations? O: Love the updates <3
    Yeah, that was all thanks to the asmazing daniilS <3

Nice updates Spherical Ice. I like the addition of that other currency, perhaps you can shed some light for us :D
    Thanks!

Will there be any rewards for defeating trainers at the Battle Marsh ?

PS: Great hack. Keep up the good work.
    Yeah, you obtain small amounts of money and Battle Points, which can be redeemed for items.

Loving all those smexy features. One suggestion for now- make the Battle Marsh's battle style changed into SET. :--)
    Thanks! That's a good idea, I'll consider it!

My time to play hacks is slowly slipping away and I pray that this beautiful thing gets to the public before then. I read all the comments, i love all the progress that has been made.
    Thanks! I'm working as hard as I can, promise!

Good game and I mean... very excellent! That's one of the games I've played and seen so far with proper latest generation mechanics implemented (DarkViolet being one of my list too). Keep it up and I hope that you will complete the game until final. Hmm... I have suggestions for you:
    - Since you are inserting R/S/E songs that are not present in FR/LG engine, hmm... why don't you insert the R/S/E Rival Battle Theme (a.k.a. Brendan/May Battle Theme) as battle music for rival battles and any generic boss battles.
    -Will you ever insert the pre-battle mugshot hack? Since that latest games having boss battles with VS Sprite or the pre-battle mugshot.
    -Last... how about battle backgrounds? Well, just for a little bit fanciness.
    Thanks! I might include the Emerald Rival theme, but I also sort of want to have an original composition for that sort of stuff so it would ultimately be work that would eventually get removed. The pre-battle mugshot hack is a good idea but it wouldn't be a priority for this release. Battle backgrounds are also definitely going to be changed, but again not necessarily for now.

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    Amazing progress Spherical. By far the best hack I've seen. Although obviously not a priority, I hope you'll eventually release either a challenge mode of the hack (for us who find normal Pokemon games too easy) or allow other hackers to mod the difficulty of the hack after it's official release (as there is so much strategic potential to the stuff you add into the game combined with the fact that you've added every single Pokemon to the game's data).

Seeing how well-developed this game is, it would almost be like an entirely new official game.

Oh, and I absolutely love the ability pill idea.

Typhlosionn

Blazing Fury
    Years
  • Awesome hack. The only problem is that there are too many trainers, and you can get easily overleveled by the first gym. Rest of the hack is awesome, and I am looking forward to more.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2024
    The only problem is that there are too many trainers, and you can get easily overleveled by the first gym.

See
    A common issue brought up by people playing Gaia has been that the trek from Archan Town through to Aerous City is relentlessly battle-intensive, and this is a valid claim that I merely underestimated the significance of. To remedy this, however, I've made more of the Trainers optional and added a new, small town that Archan Tunnel exits onto, called Seros Village.

It has already been addressed and is fixed in the next beta

Back