• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
  • Spoiler:
    Nice job winning Spherical Ice! Gaia is by far my favorite hack of 2015 and is probably going to be one of my favorite hacks I've played in the near future. I've already played Beta 2.5, you already know I loved it, I'm probably going to end up playing it again soon when I get bored, and I can't wait for the next beta and what you have in store.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2018
    Weird glitch: When a Pokemon tries to sleep/make something else sleep while Uproar or Cry Out are active, there's a string of random characters followed by Oak telling me tall grass is dangerous. It might be due to the repointed or expanded move table, as I've had a somewhat similar issue with Disable in a FireRed ROM I've poked with.

There's also some random issues with tiles, especially in the swamp, not rendering properly. The grass "particle" effect occasionally turns to the default green, for example.

But honestly, even if this were a final release, I'd be willing to look past all of it. This is incredibly high quality, on-par with a stock game. Pacing is good, difficulty curve is good (five 'mons and I'm the same level as the NPCs now with practically no wild battles), writing is good, and it's one of those hacks that has won awards and actually deserves them. Some of the others I've seen highly recommended just come across as the work of an amateur. Light Platinum comes to mind - fifth gen 'mons and moves, but poor writing, poor mapping, and a convoluted story mean it's not really worth playing except for the battles, but even that's not fun because the difficulty curve just doesn't make sense.

This? This deserves every bit of praise it gets. I'll be happy with myself if I can someday make something half as good.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2016
    Congrats on Hack of the year, well deserved.
    Can someone tell me location of squirtle and charmendar (and their mega stones). I cannot seem to find them and I have cleared many grotto and temples.

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
    Years
    • Age 27
    • ???
    • Seen Jul 1, 2020
    Congrats on Hack of the year, well deserved.
    Can someone tell me location of squirtle and charmendar (and their mega stones). I cannot seem to find them and I have cleared many grotto and temples.

you will get kanto starters from the person who will give you mega ring and stone.And you will get only one based on which starter you choose first from professor redwood.
    piplup --charmander
    chimchar--bulbasur
    turtwig--squirtle

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2018
    you will get kanto starters from the person who will give you mega ring and stone.And you will get only one based on which starter you choose first from professor redwood.
    piplup --charmander
    chimchar--bulbasur
    turtwig--squirtle

GAH! I knew I should have gotten Piplup. Mega Blastoise was severely disappointing in my X playthrough and Mega Venasaur in this wasn't much better. I can't really stand Turtwig as a starter - too slow, takes too many hits - so that left Chimchar or Piplup.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2016
    Im currently stuck in Telmurk City. I have completed the sewer gym, but Im completely stumped on how to proceed. My assumption is that I will need Rock Climb to proceed; if that's correct, where can I find it? Or if Im wrong completely, what am I supposed to be doing now?

I couldn't find a walkthrough video that was of any help, your replies will be appreciated. ^^

Also, awesome Hack! I've never been this invested in a hacked rom before!

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2016
    Im currently stuck in Telmurk City. I have completed the sewer gym, but Im completely stumped on how to proceed. My assumption is that I will need Rock Climb to proceed; if that's correct, where can I find it? Or if Im wrong completely, what am I supposed to be doing now?

I couldn't find a walkthrough video that was of any help, your replies will be appreciated. ^^

Also, awesome Hack! I've never been this invested in a hacked rom before!

After beating the Gym, go to the game corner and then cross the underground. You should receive Rock Climb.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    So where is the dawn stone at Windmist City??? I need it now my kilirlia is 26 male!!! Hope some one can tell me thanks if u do.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2019
    Hi!! Gotta say, I really love this hack. Finally got to the 6th gym, and was just wondering how to get a regal stone? I'd love to evolve my Seadra.

And also, will progress in 2.5 carry over in 3.0? Or will we have to start over? Thanks !!

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    hello there, very nice hack btw and congrats! i just wanna ask if this is a bug: after telmurk city when i beat trainers they dont give me money so is this normal??

Years
  • Hey I wanna start by saying I love this hack. There is such a wide variety of mons to encounter. However, I've found two bugs in the game,one minor and one major. The minor one is that my Scizor's false swipe kills wold pokemon. The major one is pretty gamebreaking though. I was in Telmur warehouse trying to fill my pokedex when i surfed across the water and used rock smash. My trainer sprite shifted into a little child before I was again caught in a battle. After this battle my trainer sprite became the surf sprite and I'm now trapped because I can't surf on the water to exit the warehouse. I hope that you'll be able to fix this soon for me.
    Thanks, both should be fixed if you redownload and exit and re-enter the map you're in. If the 'major' bug reoccurs, can you send me your .SAV file, please?

I've just finished the V2.5, and in my opinion this hack is great. I really like the way u can explore the world, a lot of hidden caves, goin through certain trees, this is awesome. Keep it up man, I'm looking forward for V3.
    Thank you!

I can't find the 1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) rom. I keep getting 1636. Is that okay or will it have issues?

Where can you find the fire red rom?
    I think 1636 will work but I'm not sure. Linking to ROM-distributing websites violates the PokéCommunity rules, however, so all I can recommend to you is to use Google.

Where do I get exp.share ?
    Your rival will give you the Exp. Share once you defeat him in Nestpine Town.

Maybe this mentioned before
    The player can trapped in Telmurk City Gym,

After first switch activated i surf to east, defeat some trainers and saving there..
    Few hours later i continue the game, and defeat some trainers, then realized i trapped, all door closed and no available switch..

Is it a bug?
    Hm, I'll look into this, thank you.

Congratulations on winning the Hack of the Year contest for 2015!

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Thank you to everyone who has supported Gaia! It means the world to see such support from the community and it's definitely a great motivator to make me want to work on it more. Here's to another year!

I found a bug with a trainer called kindler milan on the way up to apex temple, when he spots me, a really long string of blank text appears that takes 5 seconds to spam through sped up.

Then when I defeat him, the text bug happens again, I get the money and the screen goes black, music still plays but other than that I can't do anything.
    The emulator doesn't crash though because it lets me load the previous save. Any way to fix this?
    I've fixed this, please save in the Windmist City Mart (not the PC) and then redownload.

I (probably) found a glitch: on beta 2.5, at the first visit in frostbite cave, after you go thorugh the 2nd ice maze you reach a room with a few ladders. When I scale the top ladder I find the starting of the cutscene that is probably supposed to happen, with the New Elders admin and a grunt, but the "Frostbite Cave" bar disappears too quickly and I'm stuck at place, forced to restart. None of the buttons is responding except the FF. Is it a known problem? And if so, how can I fix it?
    Please redownload, thanks.

Nice job winning Spherical Ice! Gaia is by far my favorite hack of 2015 and is probably going to be one of my favorite hacks I've played in the near future. I've already played Beta 2.5, you already know I loved it, I'm probably going to end up playing it again soon when I get bored, and I can't wait for the next beta and what you have in store.
    Thank you!

THAT IS AWESOME DUDE!!! Congratulations. You've won the Hack of the year 2015. People do really love your hack including me. You should be proud of yourself. Well done. Keep up you best work. :t025:
    Thanks!

Weird glitch: When a Pokemon tries to sleep/make something else sleep while Uproar or Cry Out are active, there's a string of random characters followed by Oak telling me tall grass is dangerous. It might be due to the repointed or expanded move table, as I've had a somewhat similar issue with Disable in a FireRed ROM I've poked with.

There's also some random issues with tiles, especially in the swamp, not rendering properly. The grass "particle" effect occasionally turns to the default green, for example.

But honestly, even if this were a final release, I'd be willing to look past all of it. This is incredibly high quality, on-par with a stock game. Pacing is good, difficulty curve is good (five 'mons and I'm the same level as the NPCs now with practically no wild battles), writing is good, and it's one of those hacks that has won awards and actually deserves them. Some of the others I've seen highly recommended just come across as the work of an amateur. Light Platinum comes to mind - fifth gen 'mons and moves, but poor writing, poor mapping, and a convoluted story mean it's not really worth playing except for the battles, but even that's not fun because the difficulty curve just doesn't make sense.

This? This deserves every bit of praise it gets. I'll be happy with myself if I can someday make something half as good.
    I've fixed the first one, thanks. I'm aware of the second one and I have an idea of how to fix it, but in the mean time I've added it to the README.txt file. Thanks for the support!

Congratulations Spherical Ice for your hard work
    Thank you!

We've made a quick video to announce Gaia's win, come check it out!

We'll also be playing Gaia on the Hacks Spotlight soon. Keep an eye out!
    Thank you! I look forward to the LP!

question: how do i make eevee evolve into sylveon?
    The new alternate evolution methods for Eevee are listed, along with the rest of the new evolution methods, in the included README.txt file. In this case, Eevee can evolve into Sylveon through the use of a Shiny Stone or by levelling up when it knows a Fairy-type move.

Yep, the Rock Smash and TM03 error are fixed. Thank You!
    You're welcome!

Congrats for the awards. :)
    Thank you!

Congratulations for the award! Well deserved :)
    Thanks!

Hi!! Gotta say, I really love this hack. Finally got to the 6th gym, and was just wondering how to get a regal stone? I'd love to evolve my Seadra.

And also, will progress in 2.5 carry over in 3.0? Or will we have to start over? Thanks !!
    A Regal Stone can be one of the prizes for coming First Place in the Bug-Catching Contest, and there are a few that can be found throughout the beta as well. For example, a lady in the Precimos Hotel will give you one. I plan to maintain compatibility with saves from v2.5 and v3.0, yes.

Where can i find the .gba file? I want to play this game on my phone.
    You need to patch the .UPS file to a vanilla .GBA FireRed ROM yourself, and then transfer that to your phone. Distributing ROM files on PokéCommunity violates the forum rules, however, so you'll have to do this yourself (hence the hack being distributed in patch form to begin with).

hello there, very nice hack btw and congrats! i just wanna ask if this is a bug: after telmurk city when i beat trainers they dont give me money so is this normal??
    I was under the impression this has been fixed; are you sure you're playing the most recent version? I would redownload if I were you to make sure.

You can redownload here.

Some of you may have noticed a few overworld sprites changing in the most recent downloads, too. I plan to eventually have unique, sprite-accurate overworlds for all characters. This can be seen already with some trainer classes, such as the Kindlers, Roughneck Mighty Mightyena Thugs and Pokémon Rangers, among others. Thanks to MrDollSteak for helping out with some of those!

Last edited:
    Back