• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokémon Sunday's big reveal (10th May) - discussion

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    So it's a G/S remake with some aspects from Yellow which was missed out? This is awesome! :D I wonder if the starter still follows you when it evolves? :\ I ould assume yes, but I would love an answer. XD Seeing this has just filled me with anticipation! :D

Also, 900th Post! :D

Last edited:

Kinuchio

A Panda PoKeMoN Trainer
    Years
    I'm so excited to see what they're gonna do to make this better. I wonder if they'll make goldenrod more city-like.

Man..... I bet when they announced this, every person who ever hacked Fr/Lg for a G/S/C remake felt super silly.

Years
    I think I saw a weather vane..

You know one of those things people put on roofs to tell where the wind is coming from.. What purpose could this have?? Maybe something to do with hoppip? Or something else??

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    New Bark Town - "The town where the winds of a new beginning blow"

I don't think it has any relevance, but it's a really nice aesthetic touch (along with the blowing wind lines).

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    at last the awaited game i cant wait i hope they keep the pokegear
    They will keep the Pokegear. It's a remake, not a whole new game.

I still doubt that the starter follows the player throughout the entire game. Probably just up to a set point in the plot, like the return trip from Mr. Pokemon's house to Elm's lab, after the first rival battle.

Years
    Regardless of how long your starter follows you, I still think it's a nice feature. I'll be happy with whatever decision Nintendo has made on it whether it follows the entire time or just until the errand is complete. New Bark Town looks so pretty and I like the wind effect as well as Elm's new lab. The music is lovely and peaceful. It's perfect for this town. I kinda wish they showed more of the town in the clip, but at least it makes me want to see more of the game. Silver looks cute. I like the girl's hairstyle in the game, too. (The ponytail is nice.) Gold and Chikorita look adorable together. I'm looking forward to this game.

Last edited:

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    um.. sorry to tell you guys who say the starter will follow you up until a point
    the starter can elove!

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    hahaha, a retarded thunder mouse haha, nice one-
    but ya, this does seem like a GREAT TOTALLY SUPER AMAZINGNESS GAME SO FAR!
    does anyone know when we get updates?

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^ It is said that CoroCoro's latest issue coming up will having something to tell about the new games. Thanks to this show, the mystery of the blurred pictures from the preview have been revealed. While many said they saw Ho-oh and Lugia, and others saw green, it appears that it were the three starters. [lol] Pretty good info though.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I expect CoroCoro to have art for the trainers(I love golds new hat. Best dude of them all.) maybe the first route and such. I wonder if Nintendo Dream would have anything.

Years
    this entire gameplay video looks cool

I noticed that there are quite a few differences in these remakes (of course comparing them to D/P/Pt).

Looks like there is a new wind element, possibly having something to do with Ho-oh and/or Lugia.

I see the starter follows Gold around like in Yellow, possibly for the whole game (drawing this comparison from Amity Square in platinum).

There are also outdoor stairs and a brown bulge on the professor's lab, which could be a new game feature such as an observatory for whatever (purely hypothetical).

Lastly, as a simple plus, the shadows look larger and more defined, i mean there are shadows on the wind direction indicators and there were no (extending) shadows coming from the windmills in D/P/Pt.

I suppose that bases on the video that is all the information that i could extract. Sorry

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Man, if people are just getting worked up over an overworld sprite...and little wind markings XD...this truly could be one of the best Pokemon games (and remake of any game). Hey, I love the changes, too. :)
    It would be AWESOME if the starter's full-evo form followed you for all of the game! And since full-evo overworld sprites were seen in Platinum, I think that it'll be present in HG/SS. I really don't think Nintendo would be that cruel to only use such a nostalgic feature for a brief excursion in the game.

And I'm glad Nintendo has shown it can implement past, one-time features! These means that RSE-style Secret Bases can return for faster training! (I hope... :D) It is one of the features I'll sorely miss when I play Platinum... :() So far, 10/10 for HG/SS, and I hope the numerator increases on that fraction in the future! :P

Lastly, I REALLY hope Jimmy/Gold and Marina/Kris get awesome-looking redesigns. (I really don't want to have to name myself "Jimmy" in one of the potentially best Pokemon games of all time! (Yeah, I like to connect the game characters with the anime! Don't judge me! However, usually only the rival characters. If Jimmy/Gold looks exactly likes he does in the anime, it's gonna be the first time I'm forced to match the Player character to the anime :(. Which is why I'm (for the most part) happy that Brendan and Lucas are not named in the anime, and Ash does not look anything like Red's FireRed redesign!! :D)

P.S. We better be able to change Silver's name! (I don't know if this was in GSC as I have not played them)

Keep the awesome updates coming, Nintendo! Excellent work so far! :)

mhadz0021

Never knew Paul's so cute!!
    Years
    OMGGG IM SO EXCITEDDD!!
    is it possible that there's a rom???(cuz i have a NO$GBA emulator but i still have DS lite)
    but i don't have money to buy that game!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    OMGGG IM SO EXCITEDDD!!
    is it possible that there's a rom???(cuz i have a NO$GBA emulator but i still have DS lite)
    No cause it just got announced?

Man, if people are just getting worked up over an overworld sprite...and little wind markings XD...this truly could be one of the best Pokemon games (and remake of any game). Hey, I love the changes, too. :)
    It would be AWESOME if the starter's full-evo form followed you for all of the game! And since full-evo overworld sprites were seen in Platinum, I think that it'll be present in HG/SS. I really don't think Nintendo would be that cruel to only use such a nostalgic feature for a brief excursion in the game.

And I'm glad Nintendo has shown it can implement past, one-time features! These means that RSE-style Secret Bases can return for faster training! (I hope... :D) It is one of the features I'll sorely miss when I play Platinum... :() So far, 10/10 for HG/SS, and I hope the numerator increases on that fraction in the future! :P

Lastly, I REALLY hope Jimmy/Gold and Marina/Kris get awesome-looking redesigns. (I really don't want to have to name myself "Jimmy" in one of the potentially best Pokemon games of all time! (Yeah, I like to connect the game characters with the anime! Don't judge me! However, usually only the rival characters. If Jimmy/Gold looks exactly likes he does in the anime, it's gonna be the first time I'm forced to match the Player character to the anime :(. Which is why I'm (for the most part) happy that Brendan and Lucas are not named in the anime, and Ash does not look anything like Red's FireRed redesign!! :D)

P.S. We better be able to change Silver's name! (I don't know if this was in GSC as I have not played them)

Keep the awesome updates coming, Nintendo! Excellent work so far! :)
    We hype over all this cause its plain awesome. And we did get to name him. I found it cool that to name the rival you had to report to the police. Also the redesigns will look excellent imo. As we know gold has a new hat(this time instead of gold front black back its black with yellow in the middle) and I expect the hoodie to be with a zipper in front and possibly short sleeved.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    OMGGG IM SO EXCITEDDD!!
    =/ Then start saving up while you wait for it? =P

At any rate, there is no way to play this game in any form - it's only just been announced. It appears that the earliest it will come out is September, and that's for Japan.

Back