• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald Renev

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
  • Pokémon Theta Emerald Renev

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2020
    Hello just download and played this week..this version seems tough to beat..

anyways..Evergrande pkmn center turns black after healing..

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    "There are a ton of new abilities and a good portion of Pokémon had them changed for better ones."

This is a good idea but has a drawback. Some terrible pre-evolution abilities that changes to a good one upon evolution got removed. And I can't get a magnet pull alolan geodude because of it.

LeturLefr

coomer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    Yooo I just does my first Battle Tent on the port and like I lost all my items and my pokeballs amount are in x?3 wtf

LeturLefr

coomer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    and my pokedex became 0 too man wtf
    oh yea I use savestate though, so thats probably it smh my head

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2021
    Oh hey! I thought Theta Emerald was a dead 'series'. Well, I'm wondering how possible it would be to add a difficulty option for this next instance of Theta Emerald? Even if it was just 'lower the level curve to something similar to a vanilla pokemon game' without any actual party changes, it would be greatly appreciated. As it stands, the hack has problems with the levels ramping up much faster than opportunities to grind do, and theres no real place to grind levels that works for pokemon of any type. I was able to grind in the cove of Lilycove for my Tropius and my Alolan Golem because of their type advantage, but my Golurk, Emboar, and Pangoro really dont have places to grind. Another complaint I have is that the teams that exist have some occasionally nightmarish movesets, due to either an overabundance of 100+ power moves, or unexpected move types (Moonblast on a Ghost type in a Psychic Gym? Superpower on a Psychic/Dark type in a Psychic Gym? The existance of a trainer with a single Hitmontop in a psychic gym???? what is this) that give super unfair KO's that theres no way to prepare for. If you cant add a difficulty slider, at least add a hidden like, patch of grass sometime before the 7th gym with pokemon like Audino or Chansey in relatively high encounter rates to make a place where people can actually grind experience. Oh, and, if not already planned, the mints from gen 8 and the 'vitamins can take you above 100 EV points in a stat' change from gen 8 would be a very welcome addition to the hack. Sorry for such a long post but I've been looking for a place to make recommendations on fixes for major problems throughout my playthrough and I've finally found a place to do it.

Oh, and, make it so wild pokemon/trainer pokemon cannot permasteal your items when they have Pickpocket or Magician. I lost the lucky egg i spent hours grinding for due to a klefki who stole it and immediately fainted afterwards, and that made me pissed.

LeturLefr

coomer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    Oh yea nobody mentions about Zorua Illusion bug?
    If Zorua manage to knock out a pokemon while its Illusion still active, its PP move wont decrease (it does decrease on the current battle but on the next one you notice that it got refreshed back), making you having infinite PP as long as you one shot enemigoes before they hit you?
    I mean I'm fine if it stay that way :^)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2021
    oh and also please fix flame burst, im literally going to have to overlevel my dewgong just so i can have a chance of oneshotting the maxie double battle's chandelure before it softlocks the game

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Is there a working wild Pokemon Modifier code for Renev? EX had one but not this it seems.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hi, just popping in to give a reminder that the purpose of commenting on this thread is to discuss the actual ROM hack, not to discuss/insult the author or other hackers. If you have constructive criticism about a hack, that's fine, but there is really no need to insult the creator personally. While I'm here I'll also point out that picking up someone's ROM hack without permission while they are still actively working on it falls under ROM hack theft which we won't tolerate here, as per the forum rules. Let's get back on topic :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I'll just repeat my criticisms of the hack without acknowledging any recent posts.

I'm thankful that Theta Emerald EX was the first Gen 3 hack I played, but that and Renev are overrated in my opinion. For what it offers, it's good, for sure, but since then many Gen 3 hacks have done a much better job. Also, less is more. Cramming all the Pokemon is doable as long as many things are done. Balanced distribution, a meta that places value on most of the Pokemon, justifying their placement here. I feel like the Theta Emerald hacks only did a certain much, and more polish was needed.

On the subject of bugs, people have different experiences with them, but my experiences have included many bugs. They can be move-specific bugs, I always got a bug when flying to Fortree City, and it feels like Renev had more bugs than EX. So the prospect of Theta Emerald Forever does not make me excited, but I won't hate on it. I hope it does well. I could go on about LLCoolJ95, but I don't think that's allowed here. I have my gripes with the person, but I wish him luck in this.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2022
    Game just keep freezing on certain battles, like the ones with Mienfoo and Scrafty I think on route 115 (the one below meteor falls) and on the granite cave theres a second steelixtite instead of the hidden everstone next to the TM65

Back