• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    just beat the first gym and lemme just say, the number of QoL improvements in this hack/engine is phenomenal. There were improvements i didn't even know i needed til they implemented it (automatically being able to see TM compatibility with team members without needing to activate it all the time was big). can't wait to experience more!

Years
    This is huuuuuge. Thank you for CFRU and all your other contributions; I am soo very excited to play this! Big congratulations on the release :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2022
    Skeli all the reviews make this game sound fantastic! And reading your updates and game description have really made this game sound interesting!

I'm attempting to play this on my Android device.... And as a not so tech savvy person the idea of having to patch a .rar file into an existing game terrifies me. Is there any way we will see a .zip file for Pokemon Unbound coming so we can just plug and play?

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    @SetrakusRa10

ROM Hacks on Pokecommunity are distributed as patch files instead of ROM files for legal reasons. You'll need a clean Fire Red 1.0 (Squirrels) ROM which you need to patch with the patch file distributed as .rar file (unzip it first). Check this thread on how to patch.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2021
    Is the "dark" story the way the game is intended to be played? Most "dark" rom hacks are super cringe, just wondering if I should choose that or not.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    Thank you everyone for all the support!

the idea of having to patch a .rar file into an existing game terrifies me. Is there any way we will see a .zip file for Pokemon Unbound coming so we can just plug and play?
    I instinctively compress files with .rar, but the file format is just like .zip, that being a compressed file that needs to be extracted first.

Is the "dark" story the way the game is intended to be played? Most "dark" rom hacks are super cringe, just wondering if I should choose that or not.
    It's up to your personal preference. You'll see what you're in for fairly early on, and if you're not a fan, you can start a new game and change the story mode.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2020
    Does anyone know if the past codes work in the main game as of 1.0? also does anyone have the past codes 😁

Years
    Congrats on completing this.

Also what app on android should I use to extract the file? I forgot which one I used a while back, I already have unipatcher installed so patching isn't a problem.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2020
    Finally 👍 Congratulations Skeli 👍 Been Waiting for this for very long time
    God Blees You 😃

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
    I've been following this hack since I came back on pokecommunity (mid 2018) and I'm so happy that this got completed, I guess 2020 isn't all horrible now that we got this masterpiece, thanks skeli, have a nice day and congrats on your work!

Marx321

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    I can't wait to play this game for the first time.
    This looks promising! :)

Years
    I've been playing for maybe an hour or so and so far, your hack is WONDERFUL. The amount of options you have given us regarding playstyle is incredible - things I've never seen! So far, my favorite bit of humor you've snuck in is the name of the Zygarde quest. I look forwards to all the adventures I'll be having with your game!

Back