• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Orange Islands

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    On the difficulty, I found it to be a bit easy, but that's not a bad thing. The biggest challenge, as it should be, was Drake, but it did come down to hoping the AI didn't choose Dragon Dance for Dragonite. If it did, I'd be boned. I did have to grind once for Drake because I was too underleveled, but that didn't bug me. I wouldn't suggest increasing the difficulty, for what the hack offers, it's just right

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Dropping a small review since I'm done with the hack:

1) I absolutely loved the mapping style. The colourful tiles you used truly gave the game a tropical feel. As I explored, I found myself having the urge to explore every single nook and corner merely because of how attractive the map layout was.

2) The cut scenes were amazing and so well done. It gave me a mild cinematic vibe while playing through and give my overall playthough a polished feeling. I also enjoyed the gen 4 sprites you gave the Pokemon as it gave way for a more modern feel.

3) The difficulty is where I'm a bit iffy about. Initially, the first gym leader was a pain for me to beat because well, she had a Blastoise and was overlevelled as well, but as I progressed through the game the difficulty seemed to slowly reduce and I found myself steam rolling through trainer and leader. However, Drake was where the challenge was at and I feel that he pretty much tied the game up together for a great boss battle.

Thank you so much for making this hack, I'm sure Sergio would be proud. I can't wait to see what you've got in store for us next! Cheers!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    Are you supposed to be able to get into the church on Yambera (assuming thats where the nidorans are that went missing) I set my time to sunday but it didnt work(also had real time clock working so thats not the problem)
    EDIT: Sorry legit 5 minutes after i posted this found the nidorans still curious on the church though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    https://imgur.com/a/zokLgNK
    Are shiny odds messed with cause i caught a shiny jigglypuff on Route T and then i looked around more and didnt find other shinies so im assuming that its not like the forest at the begining.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Are you supposed to be able to get into the church on Yambera (assuming thats where the nidorans are that went missing) I set my time to sunday but it didnt work(also had real time clock working so thats not the problem)
    EDIT: Sorry legit 5 minutes after i posted this found the nidorans still curious on the church though.

No, you can't get in.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Except for the shiny-only areas, the shiny rate is the same as in default Fire Red.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi all,

Just uploaded a new version (Beta 5.1) with some small graphical fixes, some text fixes and a fix for the titlescreen transition!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

rainbow545

Banned
    Years
  • what are some good Pokemon to take with you to Orange Islands along with Pikachu? i just started this hack.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    what are some good Pokemon to take with you to Orange Islands along with Pikachu? i just started this hack.

You could fill the team up immediately with Ash's pokemon. I took Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charizard. Later in the game I had Lapras and Snorlax, making the team resemble Red's team in HGSS. It worked out well overall.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi all,

Just uploaded another updated version (Beta 5.2) in which Crystal Onix' type is fixed, besides some text fixes.

Enjoy!

Back