• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Orange Islands

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
It's been brilliant watching over this hack's progress, I remember when you first started it and it's gone from strength to strength since. You're doing great <3

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Howdy, I just wanted to pop by and ask on how the the progression of this hack is flowing! Easily the best reincarnation of the Orange league saga!

Years
  • Seen today
Hi all,

The official release of Beta 5.0 of Pokemon Orange Islands is here! This Beta is a complete game and you should be able to catch all 151 Pokémon from Kanto! As far as I know it's the first Orange Islands hack that is complete!

What's new in this version:
- Improved Sprites and Tiles I was not happy about
- New islands, towns and routes
- More Pokemon will be catchable
- Plenty of Anime-Based Events
- The Movie 2000 Event
- Even more polish

I think most people will be able to continue with their save from Beta 4 (some small things might be available too early), although I'm not guaranteeing it. As always, I would encourage you to start from scratch. That way I will know I didn't accidently overwrote something important.

The IPS patch can be found in the main post of this thread. And I'll say it again, even if you find the tiniest bugs/glitches not mentioned in the BUGS section don't hesitate to reply here or give me a message.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
man this is very cool to see. glad you finished it. i'm certainly going to try it after i'm done pokemon resolute. good job Kalarie in finishing this hack.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Oh my gosh!; I've been waiting patiently for this. The last time I played this hack was when it was in beta 3.1 and i had an absolute blast. I've always wanted a completed Orange Islands hack that covered the anime arc. Downloading right away and going to spend a good couple of hours on it. Thank you so much for all your hard work Kalarie!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I have found a bug, when I walk away from the Pokémon center after talking to misty and tracey tells me this, I have spoken to them like 10 times and still do not let me move.
P.S:it does not matter, I found the solution

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 14, 2023
congrats on the release, kalarie. the game looks great.

does anyone happen to know if this game still has issues working on hardware? I remember experiencing an issue trying to play an earlier release on my 3ds via injection but maybe it's been fixed? if not, it might be worth mentioning in the faq.

Years
  • Seen today
@peridev Thanks;)

Concerning the hardware compatibility, you're the first one I ever heard mentioning this. I don't know what type of changes cause a ROM hack to be uncompatible with hardware. So I'll guess I ask some people.

Years
Might have encountered a bug.
I picked up the Lapras at the second island, but only after having to box one of my party members.
After that, I seem to be softlocked into a script saying I should let Misty and Tracey know I took the Lapras, despite having already talked to everyone around me and got Lapras in my party.
Playing the latest version, by the way.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Might have encountered a bug.
I picked up the Lapras at the second island, but only after having to box one of my party members.
After that, I seem to be softlocked into a script saying I should let Misty and Tracey know I took the Lapras, despite having already talked to everyone around me and got Lapras in my party.
Playing the latest version, by the way.

you have to use the PC to talk on the phone with Professor Oak

Years
  • Seen today
Probably should get a mod to move this from the progressing rom hacks section since this is now a finished game. Which by the way congrats on finishing this.

Yea, probably. Don't know the criteria to be moved to the ROM Hacks Studio, but I guess being complete should do it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
Finally finish the game (I guess, I watch the grand fantastic episode of Lugia).

And may I ask where can I find Kangaskhan and Dratini? also for ditto, the map shows its appearing in a far distant island east from Hamlin island, how can I get there?

Oh, and also Mr. mine and Aerodactyl.

How about mew and mew two? as author says the pokedex can be completed.

Thanks for bringing us this great and resembling game!

Back