• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Orange Islands

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Finally finish the game (I guess, I watch the grand fantastic episode of Lugia).

And may I ask where can I find Kangaskhan and Dratini? also for ditto, the map shows its appearing in a far distant island east from Hamlin island, how can I get there?

Oh, and also Mr. mine and Aerodactyl.

How about mew and mew two? as author says the pokedex can be completed.

Thanks for bringing us this great and resembling game!

I'll tell a few, but I don't want to give everything away so easily.
    -Kangaskhan and Dratini can be caught in Mandarin Desert
    - Mr. Mime on Cleopatra Island
    - Aerodactyl has something to do with the other fossils
    - For Mew and Mewtwo I advise you to speak with Tracey

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I found Prima, but can you find the other E4 members in the game?

There are no other Elite Four members. For some reason Prima (Lorelei from the Kanto Elite Four) was present in the Orange Archipelago in the Anime. You're able to battle her in this game and get a small reward if you beat her eventually, but there's not more to it.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Just beat Drake, does that mean the game's over? I enjoyed it by the way, my team was the same as Red's from HGSS. Lapras, Blastoise, Venusaur, Pikachu, Snorlax, and Charizard. I think it's the first time in a long time that I had a Grass/Fire/Water core, definitely the first time I had a starter trio in my team.

Edit: oh this hack adapts the second Pokemon movie, sweet. But after that, the game's over?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just beat Drake, does that mean the game's over? I enjoyed it by the way, my team was the same as Red's from HGSS. Lapras, Blastoise, Venusaur, Pikachu, Snorlax, and Charizard. I think it's the first time in a long time that I had a Grass/Fire/Water core, definitely the first time I had a starter trio in my team.

Edit: oh this hack adapts the second Pokemon movie, sweet. But after that, the game's over?

You can try filling your pokedex. If you have at least 100 Pokemon you can talk to Tracey to have a new location you can go to. But that's just a bonus to make your Pokedex fully completeable, it doesn't have anything to do with the Anime.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I found a palette issue in the pool at Tangelo Island. Not really sure how hard it is to fix or if it's even fixable, but I thought I should mention it anyway.
    https://streamable.com/0relc

So far, I'm liking it. I think the only single thing that I didn't like that much was being unable to take certain pokémon from Oak's Corral in my journey.

EDIT: Well, and the inconsistency with the colors is something else that kind of bothers me.
    The pokémon sprites and the summary screen feel lifeless (ironic, considering how Pikachu was described as energetic back in Oak's Lab, but whatever.), while the rest of the menus and overworld tiles, even the other battle elements are as colorful as they are in Vanilla Fire Red.
    The Sugimori Palettes look really weird, in my opinion.

EDIT2: Oh yeah, isn't there a few missing events too? In the first blimp travel that Ash makes from Kanto to the Orange Archipelago, there's supposed to be an incident with Team Rocket, right?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I found a palette issue in the pool at Tangelo Island. Not really sure how hard it is to fix or if it's even fixable, but I thought I should mention it anyway.
    https://streamable.com/0relc

So far, I'm liking it. I think the only single thing that I didn't like that much was being unable to take certain pokémon from Oak's Corral in my journey.

EDIT: Well, and the inconsistency with the colors is something else that kind of bothers me.
    The pokémon sprites and the summary screen feel lifeless (ironic, considering how Pikachu was described as energetic back in Oak's Lab, but whatever.), while the rest of the menus and overworld tiles, even the other battle elements are as colorful as they are in Vanilla Fire Red.
    The Sugimori Palettes look really weird, in my opinion.

EDIT2: Oh yeah, isn't there a few missing events too? In the first blimp travel that Ash makes from Kanto to the Orange Archipelago, there's supposed to be an incident with Team Rocket, right?

Thanks for the bug report! It probably happened when using surf, right after battling team rocket, right? I think it has something to do with the type of trainerbattle (0x1) Team Rocket has. If that's the case it would be pretty easy to fix;)

Some pokemon there were not Ash's pokemon, that's the reason you can't take them. I still wanted to give Oak's Corral some 'life' after you would have taken all your pokemon from the corral. That's why those pokemon are there.

Concerning the Sugimori palettes: I think we differ opinion there. I really love the Sugimori palettes! In earlier Beta's I used the palettes from Chaos Rush's resource, but I changed it to MrDollSteak's, because I like those better. Not going to change that, I'm sorry that it bothers you:P

Concerning Team Rocket encounters: True. This hack stays pretty close to the Anime, but is not completely truthful. I left out Team Rocket in some places for multiple reasons. One of those reasons is purely the sake of convenience. Making a complete blimp interior (for the event in the blimp) or a Rhydon robot sprite (Kumquat Island) would be a whole lot of work for just one (of the many) random encounters with Team Rocket. Which directly relates to the second reason for leaving out Team Rocket, which is the amount of times you would face the exact same team, everytime you would battle them. That would be very monotonous and not add a lot to the experience of the game in my view.

I tried to find a balance between truthfulness to the Anime, convenience and gameplay.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hey, so I'm loving this so far, but I've reached a point where I'm stuck. I've managed to get the climbing kit and I finished the Crystal Onix event. Where am I supposed to go from here now? Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, so I'm loving this so far, but I've reached a point where I'm stuck. I've managed to get the climbing kit and I finished the Crystal Onix event. Where am I supposed to go from here now? Thanks in advance!

Pinkan Island, past the whirlpools. A trainer (swimmer) on Route E (towards Pinkan) gives you a hint if you don't manage to get past the whirlpools.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • Hi I decided I would do a review on this game. First and foremost before I begin the review. Thanks to Kalarie for making the first complete orange isles hack. Your spirit for this hack is greatly appreciated now on to the review

1. (Like I said in my opening paragraph) it's the first ever complete orange isles hack
    2. Liked the fact it has Ash Ketchum in it
    3. Love it following every episode of the anime
    4. It also had the Pokemon movie 2000 event in it
    5. Every episode was well done
    6. Very little bugs, which is amazing
    7. Jessie and James were amazing (as always)
    8. The level gap was never high but it was way too easy in my opinion
    9. I only had to grind once which made the game easier than any hack I played (which to me is an issue)
    10. Wild Pokemon could have had 3 different levels for every route (ex: in Hamlin island fields the diglett could have been 25-27 instead of just 25
    11. Loved the fact you could catch all the Pokemon in the game
    12. Amazing that there was only Pokemon from the orange islands that were catchable.
    13. Championship battle was very challenging.
    14. Loved the side characters due to the fact they were based on there anime counterparts
    15. Wish Misty and Terry were more involved in the game.
    16. The side characters had all their official Pokemon.
    17. The item selection was superb
    18. The graphics were pretty well developed
    19. The grammar had very few issues, I only remember about 3-5 mistakes so that's good
    20. The Lapras overworld sprite when surfing was amazing.
    21. The Pokemon moving and overworld animations were supreme to any hack I've seen yet.
    22. The legendary bird trio battling was really good
    23. Loved the magikarp evolution ritual.
    24. Great battle sprites for Terry and Misty
    25. Supreme level graphics in battle made battles way more interesting

I thought this hack was supreme plus short and sweet and was a very good hack to play. My final rating is a whooping 9.5/10. I suggest everyone plays this game even if you don't like the anime. Thanks for the great experience Kalarie

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Aye! So I finally beat Drake and handed over the GS ball to Oak! Is there anything I'm supposed to do from here or is that the end of the hack? Thank you in advance!

bh02032002

Years
  • Aye! So I finally beat Drake and handed over the GS ball to Oak! Is there anything I'm supposed to do from here or is that the end of the hack? Thank you in advance!

There's one more event which is the Pokemon movie 2000 event on shamouti island

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi I decided I would do a review on this game. First and foremost before I begin the review. Thanks to Kalarie for making the first complete orange isles hack. Your spirit for this hack is greatly appreciated now on to the review

1. (Like I said in my opening paragraph) it's the first ever complete orange isles hack
    2. Liked the fact it has Ash Ketchum in it
    3. Love it following every episode of the anime
    4. It also had the Pokemon movie 2000 event in it
    5. Every episode was well done
    6. Very little bugs, which is amazing
    7. Jessie and James were amazing (as always)
    8. The level gap was never high but it was way too easy in my opinion
    9. I only had to grind once which made the game easier than any hack I played (which to me is an issue)
    10. Wild Pokemon could have had 3 different levels for every route (ex: in Hamlin island fields the diglett could have been 25-27 instead of just 25
    11. Loved the fact you could catch all the Pokemon in the game
    12. Amazing that there was only Pokemon from the orange islands that were catchable.
    13. Championship battle was very challenging.
    14. Loved the side characters due to the fact they were based on there anime counterparts
    15. Wish Misty and Terry were more involved in the game.
    16. The side characters had all their official Pokemon.
    17. The item selection was superb
    18. The graphics were pretty well developed
    19. The grammar had very few issues, I only remember about 3-5 mistakes so that's good
    20. The Lapras overworld sprite when surfing was amazing.
    21. The Pokemon moving and overworld animations were supreme to any hack I've seen yet.
    22. The legendary bird trio battling was really good
    23. Loved the magikarp evolution ritual.
    24. Great battle sprites for Terry and Misty
    25. Supreme level graphics in battle made battles way more interesting

I thought this hack was supreme plus short and sweet and was a very good hack to play. My final rating is a whooping 9.5/10. I suggest everyone plays this game even if you don't like the anime. Thanks for the great experience Kalarie

Thanks, glad you liked it so much;) Concerning point 8, did you it the game was too easy? If so, why? Since I'm hearing contrasting opinions on that.

Concerning point 17, what do you mean with item selection?

Concerning point 19, which grammar mistakes did you run into? I want to get rid of all of them so if you mention which ones you encountered specifically I can fix them:)

Concerning point 20, love that feature too, it's however not flawless at the moment so I hope Ghoulslash (or anyone else) could help me fix it in the future. It's one of the (very) few bugs that I know of at the moment.

Thanks in advance! It's always nice to read that someone likes what you made!

bh02032002

Years
  • Thanks, glad you liked it so much;) Concerning point 8, did you it the game was too easy? If so, why? Since I'm hearing contrasting opinions on that.

Concerning point 17, what do you mean with item selection?

Concerning point 19, which grammar mistakes did you run into? I want to get rid of all of them so if you mention which ones you encountered specifically I can fix them:)

Concerning point 20, love that feature too, it's however not flawless at the moment so I hope Ghoulslash (or anyone else) could help me fix it in the future. It's one of the (very) few bugs that I know of at the moment.

Thanks in advance! It's always nice to read that someone likes what you made!

Ok first off concerning point number 8: I think it was too easy because in the game I only had to grind twice and it didn't go all the way to Lvl 100. Concerning point 17 I meant that the items you could find were super good. Concerning point 19 well I think it was more just non proper speech (if you know what I mean). Concerning point 20 yeah your right about that one (due to the fishing overworld sprite glitch I reported while riding Lapras) that's all. Hope I cleared things up.

Back