• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pokemon Sun & Moon anime announced in CoroCoro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Yeah that trailer looks amazing. I really really really can't wait for the new saga to start.

I would say Litten is probably going to be an early catch for Ash and he will probably catch Rowlet at a later time, from what we have seen, I would say this is probably footage from the first 10 or so episodes, if that.

I wish they would show Mallow, Lillie, and Lana a bit more, as well as the Kiawe and Sophocles. (Especially Mallow and Lillie.)

And OMG WE FINALLY SEE A PRIMEAPE IN THE ANIME AGAIN!! I don't remember Primape or Manky even showing up any more since Ash caught his or one or two episode in Hoenn.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    Primape and Mankey show up in a few episodes during season 3 and 4 (Johto).

Also, I'm assuming the November start date refers to when it starts in Japan? Is there any idea of when the US version will begin (I know the US is still a ways away from being finished with XYZ)?

Years
  • Also, I'm assuming the November start date refers to when it starts in Japan? Is there any idea of when the US version will begin (I know the US is still a ways away from being finished with XYZ)?

November is said to be when Sun & Moon starts in Japan. The English dub will probably be coming in February 2017, since the dub seasons tended to start around that month.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Primape and Mankey show up in a few episodes during season 3 and 4 (Johto).

Also, I'm assuming the November start date refers to when it starts in Japan? Is there any idea of when the US version will begin (I know the US is still a ways away from being finished with XYZ)?

As stated, the Dub will probably start Mid to Early February. They usually take a fairly large break between seasons in English. However, we may get the first episode or two in November as a preview similar to how Kalos was handled. It will probably be around the same week as the games come out or when the next movie is aired on Cartoon Network.

We have about 14 episodes in the Dub left. I am not sure if the XYZ Legends Special will come to America or not, but for now I will guess it will. If that is the case. The Dub will actually last longer than it usually does and end in January of next year unless they have a 2 hour special or something.

There may be a Pokemon Marathon in November for the movie. They may show the entire Flare Arc then.

Years
  • Speaking of the dub, I know they'll likely call the first S/M dub season Pokemon The Series: Sun & Moon which is very predictable by now since they're now using "Pokemon The Series" on all the season titles on the official site, such as Hoenn now called "Pokemon The Series: Ruby & Sapphire", Unova becoming "Pokemon The Series: Black & White" and so on for the respective regions.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Just be the 17th November already!

Spoiler:

Years
  • At least this confirms Sophocles having a Togedemaru, Lana having Popplio and Kiawe having Turtonator. Safe to assume that Sophocles, Lana, Kiawe, Mallow and Lillie are the new traveling companions as well, which makes this the first time Ash has had more than three companions.

Also, I guess Ash does Kiawe's Island Trial by racing him on a Tauros?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • So, apparently, Togedemaru is going to Ash's Pikachu's rival. I checked Serebii and that's what it said there. Samson Oak is going to teach the school, and whatnot. That sounds quite interesting... Also why dose Lillie look so nervous in that Coro Coro page, lol.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • She's terrified, bless her :(

Found this preview though! Really loving it, animation, music, just about everything. Don't see the reset in skill either and Mimikyu is adorable. Gah, I'm so pumped!

Spoiler:

Edit: I would have made it's own thread, but I figured I would have had to make an article on it and I didn't know how to do that..

Years
  • Just noticed the Sun & Moon series premieres on November 17th. Kinda expected since most of the new generation anime sagas tend to start around the same time the corresponding games come out.

Looking at things, it appears that XY special airs on the 3rd, so the 10th looks like it'll be a break for that week. October 27th seems to be when the XY finale airs as far as I know.

Years
  • Note: English is not my native language. Try to understand and ignore the grammar mistakes. One of my problems is the grammar of "if".

Pokémon sun & moon. I will give it a try. The new trailers and CoroCoro look promising. May be these are the changes we are waiting for. Still I am a bit disappointed because Ash cannot achieve his original dream. I wanted Ash to take new steps to be a Pokémon master, not the best student in a school.
    Let us see what kind of new adventures Pokémon moon & sun will bring. I am waiting for some great adventures, not repetitive boring stories. Pokémon sun & moon should open new opportunities for our heroes to shine.
    Another reason to feel bad is thinking that the future generations may delete all these of Pokémon moon & sun. Once we get to know the new characters, the writers will start moving the series to the next generation. Then we have to adapt again.
    I thought of a total reboot of the series but this will only solve its problems temporarily. The problems will resurface again. Restarting Ash's journey may look great. But after some time the writers will have to change the series again.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Just noticed the Sun & Moon series premieres on November 17th. Kinda expected since most of the new generation anime sagas tend to start around the same time the corresponding games come out.

Looking at things, it appears that XY special airs on the 3rd, so the 10th looks like it'll be a break for that week. October 27th seems to be when the XY finale airs as far as I know.

There's another XY special on the 10th.

October 27th is the final departure of the group.
    November 3rd is Yveltal special.
    November 10th features Stunfisk.

Years
  • There's another XY special on the 10th.

October 27th is the final departure of the group.
    November 3rd is Yveltal special.
    November 10th features Stunfisk.

Okay, thanks for that. I guess I'm so used to a week break before a new generation's saga begins.

So basically next two weeks are the final XY episodes, then first two weeks in November are the specials, before the Alola saga starts on November 17th.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • At least this confirms Sophocles having a Togedemaru, Lana having Popplio and Kiawe having Turtonator. Safe to assume that Sophocles, Lana, Kiawe, Mallow and Lillie are the new traveling companions as well, which makes this the first time Ash has had more than three companions.

Also, I guess Ash does Kiawe's Island Trial by racing him on a Tauros?

I think Kiawe part may just be for fun. Since we now have a new First Island Trial Captain.

Also, this now officially confirms that that leak from a few months ago is fake since the name of the city was wrong in Japnese compared to what we know. I still hope the english names of the towns are fruits.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    The newest preview video definitely shows promise. It looks like this series will be more focused on being fun and having comedy but they did promote battles also. The beginning text made me think Satoshi/Ash isn't completely resetting, it's just he's going to a new region that has a different feel from the previous. The theme song sounded pretty good too. They still haven't really showed Team Rocket yet other than Meowth and I think Wobafett in the video, so it makes me wonder if Jessie and James are being phased out. But ugh I still hate how they designed Ash's face.

Was the thing they showed at the end supposed to be a Pokemon or Ash's newest Pokedex? It looks like a flying piece of toast.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Its the Rotom Dex that people have been crazy for since it was first announced. It is in the games as well.

Also, someone pointed out that we have to battle through a school before we could start the trials in the games. This may be why Ash is going to school like I have been suggesting since the mention of it. It may not be as short as in the games, but still.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    Oh, I didn't see anything about the Rotom Dex. I don't play the games and I've only seen the Alolan Pokemon designs in pictures. You're probably right about the school, although they could drag it out so he's in school a while.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back