• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Vega Fairy Edition EX Minus V1.4 Balance updates and Skarmory evo....

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm happy to see an update for this and I appreciate the effort. I've tried playing this game twice and never finished it all. I think I finally revisit it.

Is there a place to see stats and movepools and whatnot? Were those changed from the original Vega?

Also, maybe I missed something here, but I don't think we got a straight answer on whether or not the better post-game Pokemon would now be available earlier. Any word on that?

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm happy to see an update for this and I appreciate the effort. I've tried playing this game twice and never finished it all. I think I finally revisit it.

Is there a place to see stats and movepools and whatnot? Were those changed from the original Vega?

Also, maybe I missed something here, but I don't think we got a straight answer on whether or not the better post-game Pokemon would now be available earlier. Any word on that?

He already answered that on the first page when I asked about it.

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • A lot of us were talking about Vega Fairy Edition as well as the other versions of Vega (in addition to other good hacks to recommend) in the Unbound board and decided to get some of the Vega talk here.

Anyway, I just downloaded the recent update and look forward to playing it. However, I'm waiting a bit for the documentation to come out so I can plan ahead of time.

Sometimes, I have just as much fun planning out a team then playing a hack itself.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Out of curiosity what were the other games you were talking about? Anything I might have not heard of? G

Years
  • Has anyone gotten this to work for their 3ds before?

No I just had to use the mGba emulator on my 3ds to play it instead of virtual console. It just seems to mess up on the title screen cause it loads fine until then. If you do find a way to make it work for vc, let me know!

NorseTLoki

Eilreicht Bass
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    No I just had to use the mGba emulator on my 3ds to play it instead of virtual console. It just seems to mess up on the title screen cause it loads fine until then. If you do find a way to make it work for vc, let me know!

Oh okay so got it work only through an emulator. Alright, thank you.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Just wanted to say that this doesn't work on hardware (3DS), it freezes on the splash screen.

NorseTLoki

Eilreicht Bass
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Just wanted to say that this doesn't work on hardware (3DS), it freezes on the splash screen.

Was the case for me as well but then I downloaded mGBA on the 3ds in Universal Updater and it went past the start screen. Got the starter too. I haven't checked past it though since I'm doing something else.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    I got the badge at the junopsis gym but I'm still not allowed on route 503

If ur playing the version with the ledgedary at the first gym entrance bug u cant proceed to route 503... you will have to redownload it and play it over and no if ur save was of a older version then it wont work so sorry...

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Noticed another oddity. I was battling the team BH and WH members form the past in the chateur of time. They have a dialga, but when dilga used giga impact on my starter (water/poison type), it was not very effective and suddenly raised my sepcial attack sharply. Not sure if that's intentional since Giga impact behaves differently in other games.

Years
    • Seen today
    Noticed another oddity. I was battling the team BH and WH members form the past in the chateur of time. They have a dialga, but when dilga used giga impact on my starter (water/poison type), it was not very effective and suddenly raised my sepcial attack sharply. Not sure if that's intentional since Giga impact behaves differently in other games.
    It was Geo Impact not Giga Impact
    Geo Impact does damage and has 60% chance to sharply raise the target's Special Attack.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • It was Geo Impact not Giga Impact
    Geo Impact does damage and has 60% chance to sharply raise the target's Special Attack.

Oh wow, my bad. Thank you for correcting me! Thought I'd mention a graphical glitch as well. I encountered a shiny Pokémon and caught it, but when i looked at the summary screen, the Pokemon's sprite and stats are present but it's just a black background in the back.

Years
  • I did the Ravenplume gym and events, but the scientists are blocking the exit north of the city still, what do I do next? I also did the event in the mountain west of Ravenplume, but I don't see any indication of what you do next.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • So i did all the Ravenplume events, and now I'm trying to get the meteorite from the director in the radio toward, but when i talk to them they donr give me the meteorite, this could possibly be a big that's hindering progression.

Back