• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon you love that everyone else hates

blue

gucci
Years
  • Klefki is an awesome Pokémon that I'd definitely say is overlooked for several reasons, it certainly delivers in battle and I found it great to use in Pokemon X. n_n

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Rhyperior - Many people see this thing as an ugly, unnecessary evolution. I actually find it a great Pokemon. I've used it in Pokemon Brown and I loved it.

Jynx - Many people who've played the first generation games were freaked out by this Pokemon. I actually like its design. It's also a great battler, with high Special Attack and good Speed.

Zubat - This thing gets a lot of hate because of Supersonic/Confuse Ray, and how common it is in caves. I've never had that much trouble with it.

Diggersby - This guy is a big step up from the other regional rodents, with Huge Power and Normal/Ground typing. However, a lot of people seem to neglect it because of its design.

Delphox - Hikamaru summed this up just fine.

Mr. Mime, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Seismitoad, Sigilyph, Vanillite line - Many people hate these Pokemon just because they dislike their designs. I actually like their designs, I find them cute and they can be great if used in battle.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years
  • I can't believe people are mentioning Klefki, Mega Charizard X and Washtom. You guy do get that those are pretty common in competitive, and Megazard X in particular is hella popular.

I can't think of any Pokémon I like that others would hate off the top of my head, but uh... I don't get the hate directed at the ice cream line, and I actually really like Dedenne. I know he isn't exactly hated, but I haven't seen that many positive mentions either. Eh.

Also, I prefer Ho-Oh over Lugia and feel like I'm one of the few who do.

Years
  • Zubat - Honestly, Zubats are cool. I've used them since HG/SS cause I realized how cool Crobat is.

Chikorita - Underrated starter and Pokemon in general. Does really bad on the start of the games (considering the first and second gyms are type disadvantages). But really its not that really bad. Meganium is a pretty good Pokemon.

Vanillite - May look stupid for you guys. But it actually looks appetizing for me. I've used Vanilluxe on my B/W games, and it isn't terrible at all.

Garbodor - To be honest, I kinda like Garbodor. Used it once on an Elite Four rematch battle in B2. During Iris' battle, all of my Pokemon except Garbodor fainted. Her last Pokemon was a Haxorus and it has like yellow HP left. I'm aware that Haxorus has Earthquake, and so he did attack with it, and Garbodor took it with yellow health. I used Toxic on it so that it will be hurt little by little. And in the next turn, a miracle happened, I went first and took it out with a Body Slam. And then I won. So basically Garbodor is my friggin savior!

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • Mr. Mime: people say that he looks too creepy, but he's a clown so he should look a little creepy. Also, did I mention he's a clown? Clowns rock!

Mawile: loved it years before it got a mega evolution.

Smeargle: I love that he can learn every move in the game. I must have about three different competitively-bred Smeargles by now and each of them has a completely different set of moves. I don't see why anyone would hate this thing.

Garbodor: For me, Garbodor is ugly, but in an amazing way. Like, it looks so hideous you can't help but find it cute.

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
    Years
  • The generic, early game normal types, specifically Senret and Zigzagoon. I recently did an emerald randomized nuzlocke and one of the first ones I caught was a Furret (Which I name Fluffeh) And she survived through the entire playthrough, all the way to the champion and Zigzagoon, daaaang I love that little raccoon. I love Linoones sleek, slender design and made a really great addition to my team on Ruby, plus, headbutt at level 9? Train up a Zigzagoon/Linoone in attack and you have one hard hitting pokemon.

Also, Latias. I don't see Latias get enough attention :/ From what I've seen, everyone wants Latios. I just love Latias. Latias was another early catch in my Emerald randomized Nuzlocke (I named her Scarlet) who was another strong member.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Strictly from a gaming standpoint, I love Emboar and Diggersby. Emboar just rocks in the 5th. generation story as a powerful fire/fighting type. I am currently using him in my "Gym Champions" challenge and he has done well against every other Pokemon. I like his design and love his moveset despite his redundancy in typing.

I also like diggersby in Pokemon X and Y as well! I don't like the way he looks, however I like his moveset. He is a very underrated pokemon in my opinion. his ability of Huge Power is what separates him from the pack, and he kicked tail in story mode as well as holds his own ground in competitive battling.

On a standpoint of the anime and the games, my favorite that people hate on would be muk. I love the big, poison lug! He's one of my favorites from Kanto which Ash caught and he impressed me during the Pokemon League battles. Further more, he's a beast in the game once you get grimer evolved.

Years
  • I honestly don't think anyone likes Unown, and I completely understand why. They've got stats that are worse than even baby Pokemon like Mantyke, they've got a smaller moveset than Magikarp, yet I love them just the same. The 3rd Pokemon movie partially cemented them as one of my favorites, but I've always just liked the fact that there are so many of them to collect, and getting all 28 actually feels like an accomplishment. That, and the original Ruins of Alph theme from G/S/C is still one of my background themes of all time (despite it being just 8 notes).

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    lol Jynx has been one of my favorites for a long time, but it's strongly hated by a lot of people because of how it looks. Sometimes I find it weird I even like it so much because of how much I base my favorites on design.

Also Hypno another big favorite of mine suffers the same fate as Jynx.

Flareon being my favorite eeveelution is another Pokemon that no one else seems to like much. I completely understand though because I've had my own frustrations with it. It has a sucky movepool and not a decent attack stab move until recently.

Zubat/Tentacool I get it, they're very annoying. As Pokemon though their final evos have been very useful to me and I don't get too annoyed anymore as I always have a ton of repels hehe.

Yumetaro

MAI RIBBONS
    Years
  • Pokemon you love that everyone else hates

Lopunny, *hears the gasps of many people*...is probably my favorite Normal-type behind the almighty Dunsparce. I really don't like how we have to lump female looking Pokemon into the "waifu" category and think anyone who likes any human-like Pokemon besides Gallade or Lucario, is sexually attracted to it. While I do know what its based off of, I don't think its sexually attractive. (Nor do I have a problem with people being sexually attracted to Pokemon.) I personally think it is a good Pokemon to use and super adorable. Plus, it's fluffy, I love fluffy Pokemon.

Last edited:

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Ah, heatmor, the ninth child of a family of eight, it seems. I've always loved the thing, despite its weakness, but no one else ever will.

Hitmonlee and marowak are two oft forgotten gen 1 pokemon, both of which are strong and useful, but only used by me, it seems.

Lastly is the lowly rhyperior, the poor thing, two 4X weaknesses and nowhere near the SpD or Spe it needs to take them out. You will remain forever in my PC, but know that I wish for the day when you become useful.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • My second-favourite Pokémon is Probopass and... literally everyone hates it. :( I know maybe 5 people total who don't despise it. (And we all adore it so there doesn't seem to be any in-between.)

I also really, really like Vanillite and a lot of people hate its line for being unoriginal. I don't understand that argument at all but okay, whatever. Less competition for its merch, should I decide to take up Pokémon collecting again. >_>

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Octillery and Cryogonal!

Octillery is generally a forgotten pokémon. Never see it, never hear of it. But it's amazing and its beam attacks are just cool.

Cryogonal seemed like slave drones for Kyurem in the movie, but I think it's a very cool (hehe) pokémon on its own and it's definitely one of my favorites. I haven't even used one in-game, I just find its design and moveset great. I used one in a RP once and it was a darn powerhouse with those ice chains.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    My second-favourite Pokémon is Probopass and... literally everyone hates it. :( I know maybe 5 people total who don't despise it. (And we all adore it so there doesn't seem to be any in-between.)
    Funny thing about that is I used to never care for Probopass at all until I used it in my Rock monotype run on Platinum. And it was great. I really doubt I could've beaten that challenge without Probes. It's still not something I love, but I do have some respect for it (and dat 'stache).

Katunei999

Katunei
    Years
  • When I talk to people about Pokémon, one of the first Pokémon they say they dislike is Spinda! And I just don't know why. It's so cute and confused, and it stumbles around in a somewhat drunken daze in the most adorable way. And it certainly helps that it was adorable in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
    Years
  • That was another normal type I really like, Lopunny.

Despite my hours of levelling a Buneary (she finally evolved at level 45), It was worth the wait. My Lopunny was pretty useful in platinum. Her Bounce demolished Aaron and she managed to take down some of Flints team.

Back