• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon you would've liked to have seen get a Paradox Pokémon?

Years
Are there any Pokemon you would've liked to have seen get a Paradox Pokémon?

Personally, I think Combee and Salandit would've been good candidates. The males can't evolve at all, why not give them a bit of attention through a Paradox?
A Paradox Sableye could've been cool too =3

I've put some fanart for these in the spoiler below:
Spoiler:

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
Personally, I think Combee and Salandit would've been good candidates. The males can't evolve at all, why not give them a bit of attention through a Paradox?

This would be really cool! I always liked when Megas made underpowered Pokemon better so the idea of doing it with Paradoxes makes me really happy, it's why I think Iron Bundle and Iron Hands are really cool ideas.

I'm a Violet player so I immediately think of Future Paradoxes, and the idea of Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion having them made me think it would be cool to have Paradox Pokemon who evolved out of their relationship with humans, so maybe something like the Lake Trio would be interesting if their identities weren't based around gifting humanity, but instead maybe using their powers to wreak havoc.

In terms of Past Paradoxes, I think Pokemon that evolve through Ancient Power like Tangrowth, Mamoswine, or especially Yanmega would look awesome. I love Slither Wing and the idea of a Primeval Yanmega sounds awesome. That'd be an excuse to give it the Dragon type too. It'd fit the idea of their design really well and we could get something like a massive Mamoswine with big tusks like Great Tusk, or a whole entire jungle condensed into one body for something like Tangrowth.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Mostly weak Pokemon. Likes the above male Salandit and Combee ideas for that reason. Besides them, Hatedisc, anyone?

Imagines alternative "evolutions" for friendship evolutions too. Stored oil in Marill's tail. Sounds perfect for a Future paradox as some kind of oil spill eco-terrorist.

For something like Chingling, take a "For Whom the Bell Tolls" approach. Evolves by fainting enough Pokemon with a sound-based move. Googled sounds associated with death. Sees "Aztec Death Whistle" on there. Shaped it like a skull.

azurefel

l o a d i n g: 15%
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2024

Spoiler:
Those look really cool!

For me, I would have loved to see some of the starters getting this treatment! It would have been pretty interesting seeing what they can make and come up with!

Years
I guess certain monotype Pokemon would be cool candidates for the Paradox treatment; admittedly I much prefer past-paradox 'mon because their designs can be much more elaborate.

Pokemon like Kangaskhan would be cool; either just the mother, an adolescent Kangaskhan, or a "father" Kangaskhan, Normal/Ground.

Additionally, it'd be cool for some Pokemon who don't see competitive use due to bad movesets or stat distributions to get Paradox forms, the likes of Onix and Jynx come to mind.

And finally, if there were a few more Iron Valiant-esque fusion-Paradoxes where we could see branching evolutions combined into one, that'd be amazing. Like Iron Eclipse for Espeon/Umbreon, or indeed a Normal/Dragon past-paradox Eevee whose moveset alludes to all its possible evolutions would be really cool.

Days
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
I'm a bit disappointed they didn't give Genesect a past Paradox form honestly, I would have loved to have seen what it looked like before Team Plasma messed with it. A future Mewtwo would have been the Mewthree that my inner child always wanted, too.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Future Starmie could look cool. Looking at what Iron Moth does, I think something interesting could be done with the polygons. It would also be cool to terastylize.

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
Years
Honestly with all the possibilities, I wish we'd gotten some more new ones along the way besides the 6 legends. Roaring Moon and Juggulis are great , but Haxorus and Flygon would have been better just because they aren't Pseudos that could use the boost more- instead of doing Pseudos just for doing Pseudos lol.

Days
I'm not really into machines and cyborgs so I'm more of a past paradox Pokémon person. I thought it was a bit unfair that we got both a past and future version of Volcarona, when all the others were only one or the other.

There are so many I would have loved to see get a paradox version. Maybe a past Magikarp that was incredibly strong and powerful, completely unlike its present day forme? Or a past Scyther or Scizor. A past Yanmega would definitely be major- considering that ancient Insects on Earth were much bigger than they are nowadays, maybe it could be bigger and more ferocious-looking, and be Bug/Dragon type? Definitely a past Buizelor Floatzel because Weasels Rule! A past paradox version of one of the fossil Pokémon like Kabutops or Armaldo might be interesting too.

DJ Neon-C1990

a Queen of Purple Flames~
Days

Spoiler:
would loved seing a paradox chandelure, scolipede, maybe even Araquanid.

Back