• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Preferred hair length

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
  • I never really gave it much thought, to be honest. I normally keep my hair wrapped up regardless to protect it. In the process, it definitely grows out. I remember, last year, my hair was extremely thick and grew out to the point where it hurt my head, if you can believe that. However, if it gets way too bushy, I trim it. Normally, I prefer it braided or twisted, but at the moment, I prefer to keep it grown out and protected from the harmful sun rays and intense weather conditions. I plan on getting dreadlocks one day though.

Years
  • I haven't got a haircut since December 2021. However, my mom is planning on getting me a haircut next week for...a family event on October 15th. Anyway, my mom and I normally both agree on the bob cut since I have curly hair. But for the family event, she wants it styled a certain way so i'm just getting a "healthy trim" according to her. *sigh*

Years
  • I often change my hairstyle. Usually quite short. Now I've let it grow a little longer. I plan to continue this until 2023. Then I will probably take it off again.
    My problem is that if I have it long I want it short. and if I'm short I want it long.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • My hair's probably at the longest it's ever been currently. Back in March, I decided to change things up so I got my hair permed. Loved the curls and wanted to grow it out more, so I pretty much did that. Thanks to the curls, it doesn't look nearly as long as it really is... unless my hair is frizy that is. This morning I woke up and pulled by hair out of its bun and I looked just like that one kid from Hey Arnold with the long flat top.

papper

pikachu clone
    Years
  • I usually keep my hair long but I got it cut recently. I don't think I like it much though so I'm probably going to grow it back.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • I really enjoy my hair at waist length since I'm a pretty big fanatic of messy buns, messy ponytails, messy and simple hairstyles basically. Not sure why. But I admit I've found, over the years, that chin length is… well, it's just so much easier to maintain and handle. A simple hair clip or hat could easily keep short hair in place (at least my straight hair).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I actually preferred my hair to barely reach my shoulders. However, I became dead set on growing it longggg for my wedding, and afterwards I just kind of kept going. At this point it reaches my behinds and I'm curious to see if I can get it to be even longer and still look decent ahah. But ngl it is annoying. Always in the way when I lie down, heavy and straight so difficult to do anything interesting with, with my limited styling skills etc. But I can't just stop now c:

Years
  • I like my hair cut to just about chin length in an a-line bob with a shaved neck at the "top" of the "A". I think it looks cute and is so much easier to work with.

Years
  • My hair is below shoulder length, when it's straightened, so kinda medium average length I guess. Naturally I have thick hair with a dense pattern of tightly-packed curls, and that can hide the full length because my hair wants to spiral around itself and krinkle up into rings and waves, especially right after it's been washed and blow-dried, so it takes some heat-straightening to unravel some of it's mysteries.

Part of me kinda wishes that my hair was a little longer than it currently is, like down my back. I find a cascade of flowy hair so timeless and beautiful, and it gives you more options to play with for styling.

The problem for me is that I lose patience trying to keep growing it, especially in the summertime, when it's hot, and hair dangling in your face starts to feel uncomfortable, and I have to be careful about updos on those days because my scalp seems to be sensitive, and I get headaches when my hair is pinned back and pulled up too much. So for comfort the length I have now or shorter is what seems to work, and I can just admire people with really long hair from afar.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    I keep it extremely short with a a medium length bang on the front that I part to the side. If it grows out even a bit I get awful bedhead and my hair become stringy.

Years
  • high skin fade on the side and probably like an inch of hair up top. that's probably gonna be my forever cut because it's hot as hell in my country, so the breathability is great, and i suffer from dandruff a lot, and keeping it short mitigates that problem~

Back