• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PSN Down, How Do You Feel?

Years
  • Almost every PS3 gamer should know that the PSN has been down since late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning. The service was hacked an at least one administrative account was compromised. How has this affected you? Have you still been playing your games? What do you think about Sony's response?

It hasn't affected my gaming much at all. I'm still playing Portal 2, although it'd be really nice to be able to go online and unlock the rest of the multiplayer trophies. I'm a little bit upset about Sony's response to the whole situation, however. Why wasn't an ETA given? If they don't have one, a simple 'we don't know when the service will return' is fine for me. Have the user accounts been compromised? I have my credit card information tied to my account, is that safe? What action, if any, will be taken against the offending party? Sony has just been really vague about the extent of the attack, and I'm slightly upset about it.

I just hope the service is returned soon.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I don't really care really. I've been playing games offline all my life. Doesnt really affect me at all. I can wait. I have a new game anyways that doesnt need to be online to finish. Tales of Graces F <3

Speed

Skyward
    Years
  • I've been playing my 360 more because of it, it hasn't really affected me much, which is a good thing because I play my PS3 a lot usually.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • I don't have a PS3. I do hope nobody's Credit card info gets stolen. But I'm sure many people were mad because they can't do Portal Co-Op.

Years
  • I'm quite sad as my credit card details are on there as well. I also miss playing fifa 11 and medal of honor, as I'm trying to platinum them.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
  • It's a bit of a nuisance but I can still play the games I like as the offline modes are good. I don't play it as much though lately and other things have been taken up my time so it hasn't really affected me.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'm actually kinda upset because a lot of good PS1 games recently made it to the American PSN store.

Alas, Threads of Fate and Legend of Mana will have to wait for a little while longer.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • i actually didnt even notice until people told me about it. shows how little i use online. recently i've been playing my ps2 more so it doesn't matter when they get the servers running again.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Almost every PS3 gamer should know that the PSN has been down since late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning. The service was hacked an at least one administrative account was compromised. How has this affected you? Have you still been playing your games? What do you think about Sony's response?

It hasn't affected my gaming much at all. I'm still playing Portal 2, although it'd be really nice to be able to go online and unlock the rest of the multiplayer trophies. I'm a little bit upset about Sony's response to the whole situation, however. Why wasn't an ETA given? If they don't have one, a simple 'we don't know when the service will return' is fine for me. Have the user accounts been compromised? I have my credit card information tied to my account, is that safe? What action, if any, will be taken against the offending party? Sony has just been really vague about the extent of the attack, and I'm slightly upset about it.

I just hope the service is returned soon.

At first I was amused, because I'm unable to even play online right now, and even Nintendo's servers haven't crashed like that IIRC. XD But right now, I'm just learning about how an administrative account was hacked, and how people's financial data may have been compromised, which is terrible. :( I hope that the financial information of Sony's customers is not stolen, and I hope that the server does get back on its feet.

ѕℓσωвяσ

PK Rockin' ★☆
    Years
  • I bought Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection the other day, and it came with a DLC
    for a new costume for Cecil. BUT I CAN'T GET IT. It makes me sad. :K Atleast I can play Devil May
    Cry 4 without needing the PSN. But Little Big Planet and stuff like that is ruined til they get the
    PSN back online.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Pretty annoyed.I had the whole weekend off work. I booked it as I don't get it off for easter like everyone else and I haven't been able to play Bad company 2 at all and try and get my last 2 achievements.

I have played some Disgea 3 and nearly completed ff13 though so not all was last.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • I do not have a PS3. I feel sorry for the ones who do, and I hope your information stays safe, but I can't say I am not glad about Sony being damaged. I hate Sony.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Didn't mean anything to me - I have plenty of other things to do with my time. I find the situation itself mildly amusing, however.

Years
  • It certainly is a little annoying, but I don't understand why some PS3 users are so angry about it.
    Sure, it is annoying you can't go online, but it is a FREE service by Sony.
    I can understand if XBL went down, because users do pay for it and I would be more miffed off if that went down for this amount of time.

It will be back up at some point in the week, I guess. Just hang fire and wait guys.​

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • I haven't booted up my ps3 for at least a week now. It's a good thing I haven't got my credit card information tied to my account. I hope all of your details stay safe.

Omn

Moogle King
    Years
  • Man I am kinda glad that a storm fried my ps3's power supply cause i don't have my ps3 or psn at all. But even if i still had it I would mostly use my ps2 since i can still play kh

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • It doesn't affect me much and I still play on my PS3. I just hate how it went offline during the start of my spring break and it still remains the same with no current news of when it will be back up. I just hope it gets back up soon because at this rate i'll end up having a very boring spring break.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • My friends are ragging lol xD I don't own a PS3 but I can see how a service one uses being unavailable can be annoying. Like internet, cable, pokecommunity etc being down, that's suck

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • It certainly is a little annoying, but I don't understand why some PS3 users are so angry about it.
    Sure, it is annoying you can't go online, but it is a FREE service by Sony.
    I can understand if XBL went down, because users do pay for it and I would be more miffed off if that went down for this amount of time.

It will be back up at some point in the week, I guess. Just hang fire and wait guys.​

There is Playstation Network Plus, which people pay so yeah. PSN Store is still not open cause you need your account to buy stuff from it. :/

Back