• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

pkmin3033

In your opinion, what's the rarest/most difficult to obtain Pokemon?

Freakin' Meloetta; I've only ever had one I haven't had to cheat for, which I lost along with everything else when my X died. It's stupidly hard to get a hold of one ._.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years

Ignoring legendaries/mythicals (because honestly depending on your region, your attentiveness, etc. any could potentially be the "rarest"), I'd have agree with DraconianWing. The original Feebas was a nightmare to obtain. Not even talking about a Feebas with all the properties you want either.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In your opinion, what's the rarest/most difficult to obtain Pokémon?
    I'd say Skarmory would be one. It might not be that difficult to encounter, but if you're out of luck, capturing could be quite a challenge. At one point, it took me around 30 Ultra Balls to catch a Skarmory, which is definitely a lot.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    If we don't count even Pokes, I definitely agree on Feebas in RSE. I don't think I ever would have found it when I was a kid had it not been for a strategy guide. I wonder if there's a fish in real life that changes location depending on what phrase is currently trendy? Probably not.

I'd say Skarmory would be one. It might not be that difficult to encounter, but if you're out of luck, capturing could be quite a challenge. At one point, it took me around 30 Ultra Balls to catch a Skarmory, which is definitely a lot.

It always catches me off guard how difficult Skarmory is to catch. You never really expect an ordinary wild Pokemon to take more than a few Pokeballs, so Skarmory is such an interesting exception haha

Years

Feebas from Generations 3 and 4. Nightmarish indeed. Oh yeah, make that one a shiny.

Years

Like what the others mainly said, R/S/E Feebas. It was so difficult to find where the water tiles containing it was, and the fact the trendy phase changed it made it just so confusing. Thankfully, OR/AS made getting Feebas so much easier now.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

Well I would say Hoopa but I sort of already have one, soooooo Volcanion because it's literally impossible to get without cheating.

CatAlert

[Insert User Title]
    Years
    I have no clue how will I ever find all the event pokemons, considering I only played the games for a few months and thus missed a majority of them.

As for just the average in the wild, Skarmony seems to be very annoying to catch. Also, for some unknown reasons, I could never find a Staryu in AS...

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I have no clue how will I ever find all the event pokemons, considering I only played the games for a few months and thus missed a majority of them.

As for just the average in the wild, Skarmony seems to be very annoying to catch. Also, for some unknown reasons, I could never find a Staryu in AS...

It apparently only has a 5% encounter rate with the Super Rod :(

Also, just as a reminder guys, PGM is ending tomorrow! Today and tomorrow are your last chances to earn some PGM points for posting here, so make sure you come weigh in or our questions when you get the chance ^^

Question of the Day

If you had to go through an entire game with only a team of Ghost-type Pokemon, which ones would you choose?

Last edited:

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    If you had to go through an entire game with only a team of Ghost-type Pokemon, which ones would you choose?

Mismagius, Gengar, Sableye, Rotom, Chandelure, Hoopa

I've used Gengar, Sableye, Rotom, and Chandelure in the past, so they are winners to me. I've always wanted to use Mismagius and Hoopa seems like he's going to be awesome. I think this will be a spoooooooky team! :D

pkmin3033

Gastly, Misdreavus, Duskull, Rotom, Spiritomb, and Giratina. I've often wanted to do this, actually. xD

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

Mismagius, Gengar, Sableye, Rotom, Chandelure, Hoopa

I've used Gengar, Sableye, Rotom, and Chandelure in the past, so they are winners to me. I've always wanted to use Mismagius and Hoopa seems like he's going to be awesome. I think this will be a spoooooooky team! :D

Mismagius is pretty cool! I've used one in a Y playthrough and an HG playthrough a while back. Gets a pretty nice type coverage as far as attacks go (Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, etc.), and it's all pretty effective along with Nasty Plot.

My team would be: Froslass, Misdreavus, Trevanant, Aegislash, Golurk, and Shedinja, because wynaut :P

I'd leave Misdreavus unevolved, because it's such an adorable Pokemon :3

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years

I love Ghost-types, though the winning 6 was pretty clear for me, haha. Chandelure, Gengar, Mismagius, Cofagrigus, Rotom, and Aegislash.
    I feel like that team would be balanced enough to get me through the game.

CatAlert

[Insert User Title]
    Years
    I never even used a ghost type, though I am considering if I should let a Gastly join the team of the game I am currently playing. Well, better now than never.

The six I would use are Aegislash, Chandelure, Froslass, Gengar, some form of Rotom, and Sableye, just because they are the ones I would like to try out. Also, half of these I have almost considered using in one game or another... Almost.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

Well I'm not too big a fan of ghosts but I'll definitely go with Gengar, Chandelure and Aegislash at least. The other three slots are for whatever else I find.

Years

Sableye, Aegislash, Banette, Gengar, Golurk and Giratina-Origin. They all have a diverse variety of typing and different specialties to go with it! I've used them all in the past, so how they deal with certain opponents and take certain attacks are fairly familiar with me.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years

I love this!
    Froslass would be my main of course, Misdreavus (unevolved), Gourgeist, Shedinja, Rotom and Doublade! They are the best and cutest ghosts.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

I love this!
    Froslass would be my main of course, Misdreavus (unevolved), Gourgeist, Shedinja, Rotom and Doublade! They are the best and cutest ghosts.

Our choices are so much alike! Doublade is a really good choice that I would actually like to have on rotation for my ghost team (maybe swap it in if Shedinja doesn't work out haha). Also glad to know I'm not the only one who finds Misdreavus adorable :)

Also, since that PGM is ending, I'll make sure to update all your points in the OP tomorrow! Be sure to check out the main thread to see your total points for the event! Thanks for taking part and always showing up to weigh in on our questions ^_^

Question of the Day

What Pokemon game were you most excited for when it was first announced?

Reactions: noa
    Years
    What Pokemon game were you most excited for when it was first announced?

The first set of Gen 5 games, the original Black and White. They were revealed during the time when Game Freak was stepping it up with 3D graphics, so even very early gameplay footage looked amazing compared to Gen 4. Sprites were fully animated and looked much, much more like their anime counterparts, so it was a very big leap in that aspect too.

Back