• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • He or They
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    Does anybody know how to changes replace pre-made palettes in Overworld Sprite Editor RE? Whenever I try to replace both the image and palette of Emerald's hero sprite with ones that I've made, I get this:

Quick Questions & Answers

Even when I just try to insert the image without changing the palette, the sprite ends up in the wrong position like so:

I've looked up tutorials, but I can't manage to find anything. Is there any fix for this?

I've only ever gotten that behavior (Sprite messing up) when it isn't the right size or indexed improperly. On the other hand, I've been using NSE 1, perhaps that will work better for you.

Sensual

This should be good.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    I've only ever gotten that behavior (Sprite messing up) when it isn't the right size or indexed improperly. On the other hand, I've been using NSE 1, perhaps that will work better for you.

Thanks, I've thought about using NSE, but how would I go about finding the offsets for the sprite palettes? unLZ maybe?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    (Sorry to bring up this question again)
    Basically: Advance Map 1.92 wants me to repoint my tileset 2 every single time I import a .dib file that I edited in MS Paint.
    I found out that it's definitely related to me switching to a Windows 8 PC. Any suggestions what I should do? Don't have access to older Windows versions anymore and the XP version of paint doesn't help preventing the repoint messages. :/

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • (Sorry to bring up this question again)
    Basically: Advance Map 1.92 wants me to repoint my tileset 2 every single time I import a .dib file that I edited in MS Paint.
    I found out that it's definitely related to me switching to a Windows 8 PC. Any suggestions what I should do? Don't have access to older Windows versions anymore and the XP version of paint doesn't help preventing the repoint messages. :/

This is just a total shot in the dark here, but have you tried saving the image under a different extension? Like .bmp or .png?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    This is just a total shot in the dark here, but have you tried saving the image under a different extension? Like .bmp or .png?

Doesn't really work, unfortunately. I remember trying this a long time ago on my old PC and it told me it was a bmp with incorrect file extension or something like that. After testing it again now it just gives me the same repoint message as .dib. AM only seems to use the .dib file format.
    Thanks for your suggestion though :)

Years
  • Doesn't really work, unfortunately. I remember trying this a long time ago on my old PC and it told me it was a bmp with incorrect file extension or something like that. After testing it again now it just gives me the same repoint message as .dib. AM only seems to use the .dib file format.
    Thanks for your suggestion though :)

Hm. Did you checked the 'Look automatically for offsets' ? Its under the settings tab.

EDIT: Now, my question. I'm looking at the Quick Research & Development, and found this for Emerald: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8444386&postcount=599

Touched made that. Is there some ASM code that names the player from the Overworld in Emerald? Maybe I should post this in the 'Exploring Ruby and Emerald' thread.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Hm. Did you checked the 'Look automatically for offsets' ? Its under the settings tab.

Isn't that option unsafe? As far as I know, you're supposed to uncheck it. Either way, I don't think that's the issue here

Edit: it actually was the issue. Nevermind, I thought I always unchecked it but it turns out I didn't :p

Last edited:

Derlo

Tired....
    Years
  • Anyone know how to fix that little problem in amap?
    When I edit the map nº15.2 in FR. Automatically maps 15.0 and 15.3 are also changed. I have tried to change the map Footer, however, the change only occurs in AMAP. When I run the ROM, the maps are all changed.

PS: I'm using Amap 1.92

Years
  • Anyone know how to fix that little problem in amap?
    When I edit the map nº15.2 in FR. Automatically maps 15.0 and 15.3 are also changed. I have tried to change the map Footer, however, the change only occurs in AMAP. When I run the ROM, the maps are all changed.

PS: I'm using Amap 1.92

This thread explains why that happens. All of those maps share the same "map ID".

Years
  • thanks!
    I had noticed that number, but did not know what that meant.
    I could make it work by changing the footer, and changing the old id to a new one that is not used.
    but another question: the id's are limited until 01C2, or FFFE?

The honest answer is that I have no idea: a nice way to test I suppose would be setting it to 1C3 and seeing what happens (obviously back up your ROM first etc.).

Derlo

Tired....
    Years
  • The honest answer is that I have no idea: a nice way to test I suppose would be setting it to 1C3 and seeing what happens (obviously back up your ROM first etc.).

I put 01c3 and ffff.
    worked, but don't know if something happened to other maps.
    If I find any more information, I will put here!
    Thanks man!

Years
  • I put 01c3 and ffff.
    worked, but don't know if something happened to other maps.
    If I find any more information, I will put here!
    Thanks man!

Actually It'd be more fitting to put any more discoveries in the thread I linked, as it'd then become research instead of a quick question! Glad I could help

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    How would one go about changing the stat an entire type draws from for damage in a Gen 3 game without adding the damage split?

Specifically, I'm thinking of changing Ghost to special and Dark to physical.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Hi,

I'm having problems with LU-Ho's AnimEditor. After loading the ROM, making changes to the tiles, and saving the animations, I get the animations saved message. However, when I load up the ROM (firered) again in AnimEditor, I get a "AdvanceMapError(5): Value $000000 is not a Pointer! Please contakt [email protected]" message with the option to "press ok to ignore and risk data corruption" and "Press cancel to kill the program." If I choose to ignore the warning and potentially cause corruption, I am unable to view any animation tiles.

When I first used the program, I repointed the table to x7B0000
    I did not change the Anim options settings.

Edit: I just watched an instructional video on how to insert animation tiles using AnimEditor. There was an option to repoint to a specific location after clicking "save", which did not occur in my case.

Is there a fix to this problem? Am I doing something wrong? I'm changing multiple animation steps before clicking save -- does that have anything to do with the problem?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm looking for a good ROM base for Pokémon Emerald but I don't know where to download them. Can anyone provide me to a link for MrDollSteak's rombase?

Are there any other useful patches, etc. that I should know about/apply before starting a hack?

Thanks.

Years
  • I'm looking for a good ROM base for Pokémon Emerald but I don't know where to download them. Can anyone provide me to a link for MrDollSteak's rombase?

Are there any other useful patches, etc. that I should know about/apply before starting a hack?

Thanks.

MrDollsteak's ROM Base is not yet available for Emerald, yet. But soon enough ;)
    Emerald, right? I can't think of any patches to apply before starting progress on your ROM.

EDIT: Does anyone know how to change text here:

The 'Prof. Birch is in trouble' part.
    btw, I'm using Emerald.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    Two questions, which may or may not be as simple as I suspect.
    First off: how do I change the effect of the Pomeg berry so as to match the effect it had in later generations (preventing the HP bug present in Emerald)?
    Secondly: Does anybody have any idea how I'd go about changing the priority of Focus Punch's charging turn?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back