• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the video game music above you!

pkmin3033

4/10. Blargh. Why is all fighting game OST that isn't from Blazblue is always so bland?

Something random from Bastion, which I still haven't played:

pkmin3033

5/10. It's not really that good of a piece without the accompanying cutscene...like much of Mass Effect's soundtrack, in my opinion. I've heard a dozen other pieces just like this one in awful Hollywood action movies; it doesn't really have an identity of its own.

I hate that place.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    4/10. Blargh. Why is all fighting game OST that isn't from Blazblue is always so bland?

Honestly I'm genuinely surprised since Capcom is known for delivering some great OSTs that are beautifully composed, this one being no exception. I mean I know it's your taste and all that and that's fine. Just news to me.

Anyways as for your pick: 5/10. It seems like a track meant for buildup. Not bad just prefer more action-y music.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    A 6hit combo out of a 10 minute melee

Time to torture everyone's Anti-COD goggles with some....

In Soviet Russia...

pkmin3033

Hmm...I prefer C&C's Soviet themes, to be honest. For a CoD track it's not overly offensive though. Nice vocals. 6/10.

I'm too lazy to find something exotic this morning, so have some Sonic:

Honestly I'm genuinely surprised since Capcom is known for delivering some great OSTs that are beautifully composed, this one being no exception. I mean I know it's your taste and all that and that's fine. Just news to me.
    Meh...asides from a couple of Monster Hunter tracks, I've never much cared for any of Capcom's OSTs that I've heard. Probably partly because the games they're from don't appeal to me. Although I don't like stuff like that anyway, I like stuff either ridiculously old-school or overly dramatic.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Uerrrr undertale stuff. While I'm indifferent towards the game, I can't deny it does have some killer tunes so... 9 Jontrons out of 10 AVGNs.

Time to assault your ears with some intentionally bad music courtesy of my favorite intentionally bad game ever:

Stalin vs Martians. You can thank me later by sending me Joseph Stalin's Vodka storage.

pkmin3033

2/10. Oh, Xin. What did I do to deserve that? ._.

I've got you beat, though:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    As much as i would like to say that Gen 1 is timeless.. i honestly never enjoyed the R/B/Y Gym themes. Even if you changed the sound format and add in some heavy metal instruments, it won't be as good to me so.... 5 Carts of Red, Blue, and Yellow out of 10 Gameboy Colors.

Speaking of soundtracks.. i may be oversaturing this thread with bad BGMs that are so bad, i'm even asking it to be rated poorly. So... meh who am i kidding. MORE OF THE GREAT COMMUNICATORS!

PEPSIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!! actually, depending on how you see Pepsiman, this may be "good" that you'll want to drink more pepsi, or you're free to tell your humblest opinion and drink something else.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Congratulations, you just shattered my unbreakable audio critic. 10/10. They don't make them like that anymore. It's like I stepped into a Saturday morning cartoon...a really bad one that they'd put on Channel 4 at around half-five in the morning. xD

I spent more hours on that minigame than I did the actual game...

pkmin3033

3/10. Nooooooooo. I HATE that theme! Sure, the game gave you plenty of time to escape when that plays, but it did not help me stay calm at all...plus a remixed version of that plays when you fight Meta Ridley at the end of Metroid Prime and that boss was a pain the first time around.

Years
    My favorite Street Fighter Character Theme Enjoy about BlazBlue 6/10 Sounds good but not really my taste.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    My favorite Street Fighter Character Theme Enjoy about BlazBlue 6/10 Sounds good but not really my taste.

Fix'd.

believe it or not, this is my favorite version of Ken's theme so I'll give you... A Flowchart Ken out of the bodies of all those scrubs I bodied

Once again, its my job to assault/soothe your ears with D GREAT COMMUNICATORS. You bet JURASS i would >:))))

Back