• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I absolutely love the art direction here. Emilia looks especially stunning. Felt is pretty friggin cute, too.
Then there's the OP that loops in on itself - that, for a time-travelling anime with various loops - is a very neat touch. The song itself isn't half bad with Konomi Suzuki providing the vocals - she's an excellent singer having sung OPs for NGNL and Watamote and a few other anime - but it is the ED here that steals the cake.

I don't think I've ever come across any other ED song before that made me fall in love with it instantly. That usually happens with OPs. EDs usually aren't exactly all that memorable and I end up skipping them. Not this ED, though. Oh no. Friggin put it on loop the very first time I heard that "Oh please don't let me die~" and fell in love with the song. SO GOOD. I haven't skipped it once. Despite it not even possessing any visuals till episode 5 lol.

And the whole "he dies so he goes back in time to a checkpoint at some time in the past" is something that is working out better than I expected it to. And it looks like things will just get more brutal from now onwards - episode 5's ending was hardcore. Can't wait to see how he deals with the situation.

White Fox is handling the series REALLY well, too. Good stuff.

Years
I've caught up to the show and it's amazing, yeah, but I fear that Subaru will go crazy eventually since he's repeating time so often and especially since it takes him a few tries to get through without dying/without others dying.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Jun 2, 2018
What really sells this series is this writing. A time repeat show where basically very little repeats (at least on screen) between each iteration, combined with nonlinear character development.
Spoiler:

I also like how Subaru can't keep track of what he's supposed to know past 1-2 iterations unless he thinks about it; how sometimes he screws up and confuses people; and how sometimes he gets overwhelmed by all of it, and although the other characters don't know what's wrong still show concern or worry. It adds a real human quality to the story.

Years
#6 So, uh

Spoiler:

58776459.jpg

But have you guys noticed Subaru's dedication? He's still carrying around that little bag of ramen and Lays like it's gonna save his life. I mean, it did kind of help, but still.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
But have you guys noticed Subaru's dedication? He's still carrying around that little bag of ramen and Lays like it's gonna save his life. I mean, it did kind of help, but still.

I actually thought for a second that they might have something to do with his powers about being brought back to life again and again.

Then I felt stupid and let that train of thought disappear XD;

DID ANYONE ELSE SEE THE LATEST EPISODE BTW!?
There's so much to talk about.

Spoiler:

Some speculation from the info we have now:
Spoiler:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Spoiler:
...I'm proud of you.

Some speculation from the info we have now:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
8: When you come into an episode ready for some **** to go down, then you get slapped by The Feels...

Well, subaru gained something from it. Emilia-tan's actions in this ep might have just prevented the worst case scenario for him which caused his fears in the first place.

Years
I do have to agree with you on that. Since last episode he looked ready to shatter, and even I could tell that he was trying so hard to stay whole this time.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well this episode was fun as hell. I think that one scene in particular really affirmed my feelings for the show; it does emotion incredibly well. Really glad that Emilia's likable. Puck, too, for that matter. Those two could have been incredibly boring, but they're fun and regularly subversive.

I like this show.

Last edited:
Years
Just bingewatched all the available episodes and this series is insanely good. I love all the characters so much to the point where it's really hard to pick a favorite, but so far I think I'm most gravitating towards Betty, Puck, and the twins. Would be awesome to see more of Felt (and Mr. Eyecandy Swordsman!!) but the mansion group are also really cute and fun.

But guh, every time you're fed a tiny bit of happiness it all comes crashing down and hurts my soul and and ;_; Subaru

Giggleswee

[Screaming in emoji]
Years
Just bingewatched all the available episodes and this series is insanely good. I love all the characters so much to the point where it's really hard to pick a favorite, but so far I think I'm most gravitating towards Betty, Puck, and the twins. Would be awesome to see more of Felt (and Mr. Eyecandy Swordsman!!) but the mansion group are also really cute and fun.

But guh, every time you're fed a tiny bit of happiness it all comes crashing down and hurts my soul and and ;_; Subaru

your favorite is puck because puck is the best of all characters

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
Nope, Rem. Rem is the best. Together with Emilia, because she's beautiful.

Lerche

A rare person
Years
The Full Information

Type: TV
Episodes: 25
Aired: Apr 4, 2016 to ?
Premiered: Spring 2016
Broadcast: Mondays at 01:05 (JST)
Producers: TV Tokyo, Media Factory
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: White Fox