• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years

Now we are taaaaaaaaaalking

Spoiler:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
That was the most uncomfortable episode of the series to sit through. Subaru fucked things up. Big. Time.

Brief points of note:

Felt was epic. Glad to see her return in the series hasn't seen her changing her character completely. She's still the same lovable brat as before.

The duel was brutal.

The animation/art were on point. Especially the expressions.

Voice Acting was top tier.

Rom-ji's entrance and the result of it were unexpected. Reinhard planned it like a baws though wew.

Priscilla's jab at Emilia was a harsh one. That actually hurt. Ouch.

And Priscilla is apparently strong, too. It became apparent when she was totally ready to whoop Felt's ass and Reinhard had to intervene. :O

Subaru & Emilia
It wouldn't be an understatement to say that, albeit in a fit of rage and messed up state of mind, Subaru managed to completely decimate his relationship with Emilia that he's built up over the course of the series. Where he's coming from is something I can understand - totally - but that didn't make their argument any easier to listen to. Props to the Voice Actors for strong performances - their emotions really were bleeding through their voices. Each word carried a lot of weight. Great stuff.

Some people may feel that Subaru's totally in the wrong to feel "entitled" to Emilia's gratitude. Well, he's definitely in the wrong for putting things the way he did. Undeniably so. He broke a promise like it was the easiest thing to do, he went inside the palace and caused trouble for her, he insulted knights and declared himself as one and then got completely humiliated in the arena. Despite trying to go for "underhanded" tricks (at least that's what most people would see it as). As if that wasn't enough, he goes on a rant about how Emilia should totally feel indebted to her and how he is the one responsible for making everything right for her.

I mean, yeah, sure, we as viewers know that he's been through a lot. Deaths like the ones he's faced so far definitely don't seem like they wouldn't have a toll on his mental health. Signs of his mental instability were clearly visible in the Roswaal mansion when he was trying to act all "genki" while being sick to the stomach trying to put up that facade. But his mental issues didn't stop with Emilia's lap pillow and that lovely scene where he breaks down - no way are his issues going that easily. And that was plainly visible in his outburst this episode.

He's spent what may be months or longer with Emilia. And did so much while being put through so much pain and suffering. But after all that, the prospect of him losing the one and only anchor he has in this world - his only support in this unknown world - that's definitely scary. Sure, one can argue that he's got Ram, Rem, Felt (to a lesser degree) and even Reinhard (to an even lesser degree) as acquaintances and whatnot. But Emilia's the one that has had the strongest impact on him due to her being "his savior" in the initial loops. He sees her as a divine being who saved him when no one would in an entirely unknown world. And a person who needs him watching over her and protecting her at all times since he's indebted to her.

But to Emilia, it is all an unknown commodity - the experiences she's had with subaru in those other time loops and the time she's spent with her - that's all non-existent. Of course she wouldn't understand why he feels SO attached to her and is so overly reliant on putting himself in impossible situations just to be of use to Emilia. Of course she'd pin it down to him being selfish and doing it for himself - especially after she sees him break that promise so easily. Subaru definitely didn't give her any reason to trust him after that and there's too much that's unspoken for her to even grasp the kind of situation Subaru is in.

Overall, the witch's curse is a bitch. It is a total bitch. Him not being able to talk to her about the loops really, really screws up his chances of getting through to her. And the prospect of him losing her makes him try to guilt trip her while spouting crap that he probably never really meant in a fit of panic and desperation.

It'll be REALLY interesting to see how he mends his ties with her from now. As much as I wish he'd just kill himself to magically fix this issue, that'd be a cop out from a writing perspective. So I'd wanna see how they overcome this obstacle. But man, this is a big one. He really fucked up big time. Subaru you doofus. >_>

Last edited:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years

Everything top tier: animation, story, seiyuus. I just can't with this show. I will f*cking die once it finishes airing.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Jun 2, 2018
Finally, an imperfect main character. Anime has been saved.

Spoiler:

Years
Finally, an imperfect main character. Anime has been saved.

Spoiler:

Ill just say he wont but im not gonna say whats next

(FeelsBadAndGoodMan Reading the Manga)

Years
OK so i just watched the newest episode and i have to say that i kinda wanna spank Subaru the way e is acting is infuriating me for some reason but then i realise that the way he is acting is completely OK but not OK at the same time like its OK because yeah AN ANIME WITH AN MC WHO MAKES TERRIBLE DECISIONS THAT EFFECT HIM A LOT!? SIGN ME UP! But its also that reason why it makes me so infuriated with him this is a sign of a really good anime.

Oh and by the way R.I.P Rem FeelsBadMan

Btw idk if this was already confirmed cause sometimes i don't play attention but apparently every time Subaru goes into Despair or dies his heart gets darker so i guess tats wy e makes bad decisions if tats were its going with all that and that's the reason the witch is so interested but eh idk.

But overall this episode was 10/10 right in the Feels m8.

derozio

Years
Episode 14

You watch Subaru in these episodes and feel like smacking him since he's acting like a **** to the people around him. But then, at the same time, since we've seen him go through what he did, I can relate to him feeling the way he is feeling at the moment. And then his retorts and statements become very much understandable. Poor guy though, just cannot catch a break.

He's not gonna "die and solve issues" between Emilia and him by the look of things in the OP so that's a good thing. That argument in the last episode seems very significant for this arc. May form the basis of everything that comes from now.

This episode made me warm up to Crusch a great deal, too. I really like her character a lot now. Her showing off a different side (in that casual dress!! HOT!!) to us while talking to Subaru at night helped a lot.

New OP is stellar. Didn't like it much when I watched it the first time but multiple watches has made it one of my favorite OPs in recent times. Stellar art & animation, great music. Good stuff.

That scene at the end though. *_* I almost got a little emotional. Plus, another insert song by MYTH&ROID! Was good stuff. <3

Can't wait for next episode. :D

derozio

Years
They seem like the witch's followers.
We saw similar people in Rem & Ram's flashback where they destroyed the village.
And remember how Rem & Ram blame the witch for their destruction?
Yeah, hence them being witch's followers.

And since Subaru carries the witch's scent on him (as we've been told), they probably thought of him as a high ranking officer under the witch. Which is probably why they bowed to him and then went away without doing anything to him.

Years
So i just watched the newest episode of Re:Zero.... MY BRAIN HURTS HELP ME... Btw Subaru..... Is about to kill someone i can feel it.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
Years
(Episode 15)
So I picked up the series about three days ago and I'm all caught up now and...

What just happened. I literally just have no words out of shock.
Spoiler:

Years
Spoiler:

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Ep15
Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years

Spoiler:

Years
For an average nerdy-looking human, Subaru is pretty strong in the face of all the torturous deaths he's been through.

Talon Flare

Learning to break kayfabe
Years
I respect Subaru with all of my heart. He can cry and scream all he wants because he has the rights to do so.
Hopefully someone helps him out soon because all of those other queen candidates are hypocrites and b**ches. With the exception of Felt and Emilia.

derozio

Years

Subaru, my man, just cannot catch a break, can he?

He went through some harsh mental torture in episode 15. And here we are in episode 16 with him being totally decimated by all three throne candidates. Frankly, I enjoyed the scenes with all three of them a lot. Definitely spoke a lot about their personalities and made them look like they're actually people with their own set of principles and ideologies than the one-dimensional cardboard cutouts that they looked like during their speeches (the ones they gave in episode 12 I think?). Good stuff. I really like all three of them now. Loved Crusch before but now I've warmed up to all three of them. Both Anastasia and Priscilla are amazing. <3

But man, Subaru. Poor, poor Subaru. Hope he catches a break soon. This series is increasingly getting more and more difficult to watch. :'(

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
Spoiler:

Back