• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Can someone here help me with a lanturn?

I need help cause Im looking for an EV'd lanturn but I dont know what ability would be best, tell me what you think.

Special Sponge Leftovers Volt Absorb Calm
    Moveset and EVs
    ~ Surf
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Thunder Wave / Toxic
    40 HP / 136 SpA / 252 SpD / 80 Spe

While most of his base stats aren't that impressive, Lanturn will be walling special attacks left and right, thanks in no small part to handy resists to Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Surf and immunity to Thunderbolt, some of the most common special attacks. Ice Beam punishes Grass-types and Dragons, like Altaria. Finally, you can have Lanturn provide status support. Thunder Wave cripples fast sweepers, but you may find Toxic more effective as it hinders Hypno, Grumpig, Gastrodon, and Quagsire, who all switch into Lanturn often.

"ParaFusion" Leftovers Volt Absorb Calm
    Moveset and EVs
    ~ Discharge / Thunder
    ~ Surf
    ~ Confuse Ray
    ~ Thunder Wave / Ice Beam

The same idea as above, except Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave been merged into either Discharge or Thunder. Whether you want to take the gamble with Thunder's shaky accuracy or are satisfied with the lower power is up to you. An enemy that's confused and paralyzed will not attack five out of eight times on average, so if you're feeling lucky feel free to try and force your opponent to tear his or her hair out. Thunder Wave gives you a more reliable way to paralyze enemies, while Ice Beam helps to wear down Grass-types.

Sleep Talker Leftovers Volt Absorb Calm
    Moveset and EVs
    ~ Discharge / Thunderbolt
    ~ Surf
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk

The most tankish form of Lanturn. Attack until your health gets low, start snoozing, rinse and repeat. Rest helps to get rid of problematic status conditions, like Toxic when switching into Blastoise, or Will-O-Wisp from a Torkoal. Grass-types with Sleep Powder make sleep absorbing somewhat risky, but Lanturn is a safe bet for absorbing Hypnosis from Noctowl. However, the likes of a Substitute/Calm Mind Jynx or can turn his peaceful slumber into a true nightmare.

Choice Specs Choice Specs Volt Absorb Modest
    Moveset EVs
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Surf
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Hidden Power Grass / Brine
    40 HP / 252 SpA / 136 SpD / 80 Spe

Lanturn's attempt at bringing some offense to the table. Unlike many other Choice item users, Lanturn has a way to restore lost health: Volt Absorb. His offensive movepool is limited, barely enough to finish the set, but the variety is high enough. Probably serves you better in UU matches where you won't be met by fat pink blobs and such all the time. Brine gets 130 base power if your opponent's health is less than half. If you're not able to get Hidden Power Grass and aren't willing to use Hydro Pump, Thunder, Blizzard or Hyper Beam, it is kind of your only "decent" option.

Thanks.

EDIT: I just realised that I put this in the wrong forum, It was meant to be in Strageties and Movesets, sorry.

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
  • I was thinking of a physicall shiftry for UU....
    What do you think of this?

Shiftry@ Life orb
    252 atk/ 252 Speed
    Rock slide
    Sword Dance
    Sucker punch
    Seed bomb

Detox

252 atk 252 speed 6 hp
    adamant/jolly

U-turn
    facade
    roost
    brave bird

does this sound like a good set for a uu sweeper swellow? i went toxic over flame because the flame orb would halve swellows attack even with guts,right?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    NO, it wouldn't halve Swellow's attack stat. Use Flame Orb, and put either Protect/Pursuit on that Swellow instead of Roost.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    How about this?

Wormadam Leaf Cloak@Choice Specs
    Modest
    252 HP, 252 SATK, 6 SPD
    Leaf Storm
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Signal Beam

Basically the standard set, but with Signal beam over the hard-to-obtain HP Ice and Shadow Ball over Energy Ball

Wormadam Sand Cloak@Choice Band
    Adamant
    252 HP, 252 ATK, 6 SPD
    Earthquake
    Rock Tomb
    Sucker Punch
    Bug Bite

Thanks to Platinum, is has some more Physical Moves so it can go Choice Band.

Wormadam Trash Cloak@Lefovers
    Modest
    252 HP, 6 DEF, 252 SATK
    Metal Sound
    Flash Cannon
    Shadow Ball
    Signal Beam

Once again, basically the Standard with Signal Beam over HP.

Necromancy

you wanna hear me roar?
    Years
  • OH MAH GAWD a Choice Bandphysical Houndoom?

Houndoom @ Leichi Berry/Life Orb
    Adamant/Lonely
    Flash Fire
    252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SpDef
    - Reversal
    - Crunch
    - Fire Blast
    - Endure

The idea here is to receive boosted Speed via Baton Pass. With Lonely and no SpAtk EVs, Houndoom OHKO's a 252HP/0SpDef Skarmory with Fire Blast. Admittedly, it isn't likely to come in on a Houndoom, but it might when it notices you're running a physical set. Flash Fire can work great if you're receiving speed from a Ninjask. Dark and Fighting have perfect coverage and hit everything neutral. When you come in, you basically Endure down to 1HP after being when being Baton Passed to, so you'll activate Liechi Berry and have a full power Reversal. Obviously, don't use Life Orb with Endure. If you want Life Orb's extra kick, you could try Pursuit, Thunderfang, or even Return instead. Overheat can also go over Fire Blast, especially since the SpAtk drop doesn't matter too much on this set. More SpAtk EVs can be taken from Speed. I didn't put the remaining 4 in HP because no EVs makes Houndoom's HP odd so he can survive switching into SR four times.

I just made this up off the top of my head, so there's probably something wrong with it. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
  • Thats original, but you could try this one too:

Houndoom@ Focus sash
    Lonely/naughty
    180atk/76sp.atk/252 speed
    Fire Blast
    Counter
    Reversal
    Crunch/Pursuit

I also made that up.
    Obiously the opponent wont see that coming, but you will need some good prediction to get this moveset to work.

Last edited:

K'

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2008
    Hey just wondering since I'm thinking about having another team in mind that has Gallade included in since a friend of mine have gave me a lv 1 Ralts . But I have no idea what to build around him or any kind of "whole" team strategy . A Gengar would be interesting in the batch but still maybe the standard overall sweeping team or maybe status inflicting strategy ? Your suggestions and thoughts please ?

Gallade with the standard phy. sweeper set or his hypnosis / will-o-wisp .

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • HIYA PEEPS.
    i was just thinking of a set for raticate and i came up with this

raticate@toxicorb
    guts
    jolly nature
    spe252/atk252/any stat,not spatk
    flamewheel
    crunch/suckerpunch
    zenheadbutt
    endeavor/Facade/reversal

dont give any HP evs if using endeavor
    toxic orb is for guts,flamewheel is for steel types and the burn chance to help raticates lowish stas,reversal can be used for rock types,the normal type moves for stab,zenheadbutt to help out against fighting types and theres suckerpunch/crunch for ghost types.
    Facade will get a power boost from toxic orbs effect
    I just thought of this so it may need to be changed.
    I think it could get used in UU succesfully and BL

Please rate this set.Thanx;)

Last edited:

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • 1. Flame Orb over Toxic Orb, Guts negates the attack loss so there is no need to increase the damage the Rat is taking each turn

2. A Guts abusing normal type needs Facade, not just as option but as a Standard, Base 140 without including STAB is absurdly powerful.

3. Sucker Punch isn't needed since all the ghosts he will be facing are slower than him, so Crunch will surfice.

Raticate@Flame Orb
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk, 244 Spd, 14 HP
    -Facade
    -Crunch
    -Reversal
    -U Turn

This is the set I've used, and it can cause some damage quite well. 244 EVs in speed gives it the ability to outspeed the base 95s with speed boosting natures. The extra 12 don't really do much so boosting HP is welcome (even though it is a small boost).

Swords Dance is an option if you are good on the predicition, switch in SD up and let the Flame Orb activate, that gives you essentially a 790 attack stat.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    Dragonite...I need a moveset for it....cant think of one myself....

Dragonite@Life Orb / Lum berry / Yache Berry
    Jolly Nature
    252 att / 252 speed / 6 hp
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Punch

For platinum the best set for it is : - Super Power/Fire Blast/Draco meteor/Thunderbolt @life Orb but i forgot the nature and ev spread.

Detox

Dragonite@Life Orb / Lum berry / Yache Berry
    Jolly Nature
    252 att / 252 speed / 6 hp
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Punch

For platinum the best set for it is : - Super Power/Fire Blast/Draco meteor/Thunderbolt @life Orb but i forgot the nature and ev spread.

Thanks,ill test it out Immediatley.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Request an Individual Move Set Thread @ Scope Lens

Brave Nature
    Sweeper Position​

252 Special Attack, 252 Defense 250 Speed
    • Ice Punch / Fire Punch​
    • Facade​
    • Substitute​
    • Brick Break​
    I need someone to test this out for me. It seems pretty good and it can take a hit from alot of the 1HKO Pokemon with Substitute, while it can abuse it's STAB Brick Break. It can get rid of Tyranitar with Ice Punch along with nasty Dragon or Flying Pokemon. Fire Punch is for those pesky Grass Pokemon that always put you to sleep. You can also use Facade for a good hit when you have a condition, along with a chance to critical hit it because of Scope Lens.​

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back