• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

S1 - Coffee, Tea, or me? [A Vanilla Mafia]

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
Years
  • Any proof?

As you can see, clearly Doof is tossing coffee grounds into the water

EVIDENCE #47

Doof dumps coffee down the drain, which as we all know, leads to the ocean

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • GP's wording makes me feel somewhat suspicious. Unfortunately I don't really have the time to pressure him right now as I'm helping my gf move places the next couple of days so I'll just drop my vote and see if someone can extract anything else.

[vote]gimmepie

Years
  • Okay, first up. It is way better that we lost a vanilla townie n0 compared to if we had been unfortunate enough to start the game sans a cop or doctor. And speaking of doctors, we have one. So if the cop found mafia n0 it wouldn't be totally unreasonable for them to out so we could kill one off early and hope it was the hooker.

I'd like to pass this one off a Julio just being new to the game but he clearly has some experience and Alvey definitely does. So instead I'll leave it at... um what?!

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • Okay, first up. It is way better that we lost a vanilla townie n0 compared to if we had been unfortunate enough to start the game sans a cop or doctor. And speaking of doctors, we have one. So if the cop found mafia n0 it wouldn't be totally unreasonable for them to out so we could kill one off early and hope it was the hooker.

I'd like to pass this one off a Julio just being new to the game but he clearly has some experience and Alvey definitely does. So instead I'll leave it at... um what?!
    I don't really agree that riding on killing the hooker is a good idea. It's better to wait for a couple more results.

Years
  • I don't really agree that riding on killing the hooker is a good idea. It's better to wait for a couple more results.

That's a gamble though. Every day you withhold a mafia result is a day that you might not get to reveal it because each day and night we lose someone without a lucky doc save. I'm not saying it's the only way to play, but it's a viable way to do it. It all comes down to if you want to take the gamble or not.

Was superjolt joking?

Either he's joking, he's the cop trying to sneakily give his results or he's playing the fool terribly. I kind of feel like it's the latter but that would be pretty out of character of Jolt who normally plays well. I'd say joking is the most likely given that.

Years
  • As much as I'd like to maybe dismiss it... The only other bit of information is that being n0 everything is a crapshoot. So unless you were mafia, there were no discussions apart from the mafia and coming from an experienced PC mafia player it is a really peculiar thing to say. Aldo and Rab agree in this case. I'll wait a little bit, but I can't just discount it as a generic greeting. The second reply seems a little better but I'll vote GP for now. I can change it later if some new stuff pops up.

Killing the hooker is good because they're a mafia member, but I wouldn't say top priority unless they can somehow deduce all of our town roles when not everyone here has had the chance to reply. But it also kind of a non sequitur because yeah, it's pretty obvious we should be killing mafia.

That's a gamble though. Every day you withhold a mafia result is a day that you might not get to reveal it because each day and night we lose someone without a lucky doc save. I'm not saying it's the only way to play, but it's a viable way to do it. It all comes down to if you want to take the gamble or not.

I'll gamble... we play pokemon.

Either he's joking, he's the cop trying to sneakily give his results or he's playing the fool terribly. I kind of feel like it's the latter but that would be pretty out of character of Jolt who normally plays well. I'd say joking is the most likely given that.

It looked more like a troll post to me imo. Being a memester doesn't mean anything, really.

Vote Gimmiepie

Years
  • Me: Makes a perfectly legitimate post.
    Everyone: Damn he said the same sort of thing he says every game, must be mafia.

Last edited:

LuluRina

I got this feelin' inside my bones
    Years
  • Hi I am also here

And I honestly don't get the vote on GP, they made a pretty good post

If you're cop, and you got maf, then why not out it? It will mean less maf to worry about

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
    Years
  • As much as it pains me to cast my vote at such a memelord, I feel like jolt's post is a distraction from something sUsPiCiOus.

Vote Superjolt for now

Superjolt

Years
  • Jolt this isn't your Ridiculous Game.
    Shush you I'll be as ridiculous as I want!
    Was superjolt joking?
    Yes lol
    he's joking
    I thought this was obvious (jeez you guys are no fun). Really I've just been in a kind of happy/silly mood lately, also wanted to take a more lighthearted approach this game. But also by now I think you should know I like RVS and that it's really not that out of character for me.

Also I agree with Pecilia (and also juliorain).

I like juliorain so far, I can see why he wants to vote GP but i don't think anything from GP has really been alignment indicative so far (it just seems like GP being GP)

Last edited:

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I don't disagree that it'd be better if cop outed with a mafia report if they had it, but you're "hoping" too much. It's like you're assuming the cop has a mafia report, which might not be true at all. And also, the cop report feels like a cover up to me, since you didn't mention specifically the cop in your first post. Vote gimmepie

Superjolt

Years
  • It was mainly that you cast a vote seemingly without actual reason. Nobody seems super sus so far so I'm going with what's out there atm
    Can confirm it was a vote without actual reason :P

It's an RVS vote, RVS = random voting stage, usually at the beginning of the game where players vote randomly/vote for silly reasons. I like to do it but most people here don't because they're BORING

What do you think about what's been said/thrown around so far?

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
    Years
  • It's an RVS vote, RVS = random voting stage, usually at the beginning of the game where players vote randomly/vote for silly reasons. I like to do it but most people here don't because they're BORING

What do you think about what's been said/thrown around so far?

Oh I gotcha, that makes sense. I'm gonna retract my vote for now and see what happens.

As far as what's been said so far, nothing really stands out to me. GP seems fine imo.

[Unvote] Superjolt

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2022
    I'm kinda suspicious of you darthspikes. The unvoting GP could all be in good faith, but it makes me think you don't want any enemies Vote darthspikes

Years
  • I don't disagree that it'd be better if cop outed with a mafia report if they had it, but you're "hoping" too much. It's like you're assuming the cop has a mafia report, which might not be true at all. And also, the cop report feels like a cover up to me, since you didn't mention specifically the cop in your first post. Vote gimmepie

Obviously if they didn't have a mafia report they don't have have anything useful and would thus not respond. Who the hell else would I be talking to lmao? What kind of shitty mafia player goes into the day chat and publicly asks for information hoping another mafia player would also out themselves to give it? Even if that mafia wasn't in the mafia chat that would be really stupid for the ones in the chat to do. This has to be the most hollow lynch I've ever seen.

[lynch] Aldo

Back